First Grow - 3x3 Tent - 600 Watt MH/HPS Cooltube - Soil

growstrong

Alrighty then. I have been stalking these grow journals for months now, and I figure it's my turn to start my first journal. This is my first grow ever, and feel fairly confident in this new endevour. I have done my research here and other places and feel it is time to roll with this. So lets get down to it shall we?

3x3 Apollo grow tent.
600 watt Apollo MH/HPS cooltube.
6" Apollo inline fan (adjustable speed, and on it's lowest setting)
6" Phresh carbon filter (Overkill I know. but I live in an apartment complex and figure better safe than sorry.)
A little 4"? clip on fan for circulation
5 gallon fabric pots (filled a little low, so maybe 4 gallons of actual soil.)
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
Fox Farm Trio and some other assorted fox farm products. Flower kiss, bembe, sledgehammer, microbe brew
Also using CalMag and ph up/down.
Let me know if I'm forgetting something.

Alright. The strain is Dream Queen AKA Green Crack clones from Dark Heart Nursery in the CA bay area
I am on Day 9 of planting the clones and besides calmag I just gave the girls their first dose of ferts. So parden the couple of yellowing leaves at the base. If they don't get greener soon I will probably cut them off. The growth over just one week simply amazes me. I suppose that is why they call it weed lol. I just fimmed all the girls so I am waiting for the new growth and will probably lst everything to fill up space. I am going to SOG it all I'm thinking, and SCROG my next grow.

So yeah, let me know if you have any suggestions, criticisms, etc. And if you fell like joining the ride WELCOME!

P.S. First pic is day 1 about an hour after planting and the second pic is of last night Day 9
Day_180.jpg
Day_913.jpg

Sorry. I suppose it is worth mentioning that temps have been staying a steady 77-81F lights on and dipping to 68-74 at night. humidity is pretty stable between 42%-50%

Im in nice start if ur using ur phone for pics turn ur phone side ways and take pics landscape.then they will.upload straight.gay i know but just how it is lol;) best of luck

Well. I have given the babys a couple of pretty light feedings up to this point, and today I took the chance and gave them a full feeding following the Fox Farm schedule. I think I should be alright. I have heard a lot of people say the Ocean Forest soil runs pretty hot, but I must have gotten a weaker batch seeing as transplanted clones were showing Nitrogen Defficiancys within the first week. (Yellowing lower leaves) I have around 4 gallons of RO water on standby if I start to see any burn.
WISH ME LUCK!

Sorry guys. I know it's been awhile. Life got a bit complicated for a bit, and I ended up neglecting this journal, but I'm back. So I ended up doing a veg for 20 days. I flipped to a 12/12 schedule a few days ago and changed out the bulb to an hps. Everything is looking good so far. I ended up throwing in a scrog. Apparently this strain has a huge stretch in her so I set the scrog a little high and will "work the girls in to their spots as she continues the stretch. Temps are a bit higher than I would like, 86 during lights on. Not much I can do about that. I have the fan cranked to highest setting during light on, and turn to minimum at light off. It drops to 68 or so at night. I trimmed up some of the undergrowth, and plan to trim a little more but I'm thinking after the stretch? Anyway I just took this pic

Day 5 Week 1 of flower.
20160313_131034.jpg

I also noticed some bleaching on the very tops of the plants and realized I had the light way to close, so I raised it up to about 10 inches above the scrog net, and will continue to raise slowly through the stretch.

Well it is Week 2 Day 2 of flower, and things are looking great. There are flower spots pooping up everywhere. As I was warned, this strain is stretching away like crazy, and is showing no sign of slowing down. I was warned by a few people this strain has been known to double in size during stretch. Besides some small light burn, (I raised my lights) I think things are starting to hit cruise control. On a side note, I had no idea how much water these plants could suck up when in flower. I had been giving them about a half gallon of water every other day. I watered and just so happened to poke my finger in the soil at the end of that very day and was super surprised to see it was bone dry! Half a gallon sucked up by those girls in roughly 9 hours! Amazing. So needless to say I have bumped up to a gallon per girl, and even then it will probably be every other day. I have been giving them full strength fox farm feedings including the solubles (open sesame, and the other 2 later on) and never any sign of burning or anything, so this strain seems to be some greedy little girls. :)

Week 2 Day 2 flower.
20160317_092815.jpg

Thank You! As a first time grower, I had no idea how crazy fast these plants could really go. It is bit of an eye opener when I am waiting for lights on in the morning to see how they look, only to surprised that they grew a half inch over night.

BTW, Can anyone tell me if you can use to much cal/mag? I use RO water, so I add the recomended dosage of 1 tsp per gallon, and have been adding another tsp for a total of 2 tsp per gallon. Does this sound like enough? to much? Can I hurt them by adding to much?

Took a couple of pics right when lights clicked off. Week 2 Day 4 of flower (Day 11) Bud sites are forming everywere and things are looking great! I can just start to get the hint of sweet fruity awesomness when I open the tent. I'm getting excited! Man flower spots are popping out everywhere. I don't want to jinx it, but I might have a pretty decent harvest. (fingers crossed)

20160319_200755.jpg
20160319_200834.jpg

I have pretty much given up on the scrog. I mean there are just no more spots to train tops into, so really the only thing I can do is pull through some of the big leaves when the tops get high enough, so those little light catchers can lap up all the light they can. I was going to defoliate some of the lower stuff, but realized I just don't have any room down there to work and can't pull them out due to scrog so I just took off anything that might droop down to soil level and cause some rot. But man it's a real jungle under that canopy. It's at the point now that it is tough for me to get a watering wand in there. I can't see it at all, even sitting on the ground and trying to move undergrowth out of the way. I have sort of mastered the art of watering by feel. I roughly stick the wand down there to feel and bump around for the base of the main stalk, then I know I am at the center of the plant pot. lol. No major spills so far.

Back
Top Bottom