First Grow

COgrower419

Hello Everyone I'm looking to get some feedback and advice anything is great.
This is my first grow. I have 5 Vietnam seedlings that are in day 4.
Lighting, 600w MH for veg and 8 CFL. MH is 3' from seedlings.
Soil, Ferti lome for seedlings and I have fox farm mix for the rest.
Nutrients, Dyna-grow not yet started.

CAM000722.jpg

Hi all I have some info on the strain and some more pictures.
Vietnam
1) Phenotypes: Two main variations one short and thick and one taller and more resinous.
2) Height: Very tall block head colas
3) Yield: Very Heavy but all in last weeks
4) Indoor/Outdoor
5) Best Way to Grow: Top and train into a bush.
6) Harvest Window: 55-65 days
7) Sativa/ Indica: 50/50
8) Hybrid: Local Orange Skunk x Jacks Cleaner X Space Queen

I'm not going to top any of the plants I want that big fat cola.

CAM000665.jpg

Here is how I have my CFLs for now. I'm going to have to change that setup for sure.
I'm doing an open air set up my room is about 12'x16'.

Oh wow that picture is about day 2. I had a problem with 1 baby. It got stuck and all twisted in the soil. I pulled it out and had to pull off a little bit of the seed exterior from the little leaves. So that one is the smallest and the last one to emerge but she is doing fine now. More pictures for follow.

I thought I would shoot an update on my girls. I put a fan on them and the temp is staying pretty steady at 82-85f. It's been so cold kind of hard to keep it stable.
CAM000843.jpg

I have an update on my plants. I transplanted them into 1/2 gallon buckets with K-9 Growers Blend soil. That stuff has a lot of perlite in it but that's ok. Just an observation. My ladies faired well over the night. I rigged up an adjustable lighting set up for the CFLs. That's what the PVC is it works good now I have is so I can move it around so as the plants grow so can my lights. I'll post some pictures in a little while.

Great use of PVC. Most of us growers are DIY kinda people. I have hundreds of tools and equipt that dad and grandpa made. They only fit one piece of equiptment that hasn't been used on the ranch in 30 years... but we have the tool to repair it. :rofl:

Good job so far. I'm looking forward to your plants filling the room.

Thanks skunkpilot I'm still trying to fine tune my contraption. That's funny I'm sure you could find a use for some of those tools. The plants are growing fast I can't wait for them to grow. :yikes: I am planning on raising up the CFLs a bit.
I'm also thinking I need an exhaust fan. I'm going to have to figure that out.

Yay they just edited my post and didn't del it. :thumb:

Thanks again skunkpilot. I'll update tomorrow.

So I noticed today that the plants are starting to grow their first stems and are really taking off.
I put a humidifier in because I was standing at 20% humidity forever. CO is so dry :hmmmm: I hope it will help get it up to 40% or so.

Looks good! I like that PVC setup. I am a total noob, haven't started yet. What is the device that is next to the plants in the first few pics, and balanced on the pot in the last few pics? Is that for one of those wireless weather monitors, to watch temp and humidity?

Thanks AlloyGT yeah I have the remote and the other station in there so I can see different temps and humidity in the room. It doesn't work that great though. I find it a little inaccurate with the humidity. But it works. I found a little humidity deal at wallmart for like 3 bucks that works better:cheesygrinsmiley:. When do you plan on starting do you think? Do you have seeds yet?

Nope, nothing yet. I had been just kicking the idea around, and just this past weekend decided to go ahead and do it. I'm going to hit a couple of retail outlets up this weekend and see if they even sell seeds or clones. I do have one of those weather stations that I use at the track, so I was hoping it would work well for my grow room, LOL.

I don't know about the clones but I have called a few of the dispensary's in my area and they don't sell seeds. I wouldn't want what they have anyway you know. I order my seeds off the internet I got screwed once and the next order came through lol. It might be easier to find clones. Its great growing these lady's they grow supper fast.

Back
Top Bottom