First Grow - 4x4 - 1000W MH/HPS - DWC

Quick Update:

LSTed the GSC, they all grew a ton in just a day so I thought it was time. Going to LST the Fast & Vast tomorrow, was going to do it tonight, but I am to lazy right now :p.

GSC Just LSTed
DSCN043317.JPG

DSCN043416.JPG

WWxBB (Day after LST)
DSCN043513.JPG

All though I am not an experienced grower, this is good job in LST. And as you said, later on clear out big leaves:bravo:

Should I clear them now? Or once the stretch ends?

Or should I be focusing on maximum light to bud sights already?

I was just thinking more leafs=more photosynthesis therefore bigger plant post stretch=bigger/more buds.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

usually I wait, for the reason you mentioned, I can't say IF you can or if you can't (if it harms).
I would wait until I see the height I want and buds forming.

usually I wait, for the reason you mentioned, I can't say IF you can or if you can't (if it harms).
I would wait until I see the height I want and buds forming.

Cool, thanks for the advice and insight AngryBird. Btw you got my vote for member of the month, you help a lot of people on here including myself. Appreciate you!

Cool, thanks for the advice and insight AngryBird. Btw you got my vote for member of the month, you help a lot of people on here including myself. Appreciate you!

:thanks: That is sweet of you

Quick Update: Just LSTed the F&V. Also added 3ml of M,G,B to WWxBB and GSC...none for F&V she hasn't eaten much and I think I burned her slightly with the last feeding. Did give F&V 1.5ml of Cal/Mag. All three received about a Liter of DO water as well.

F&V just LSTed
DSCN043610.JPG

DSCN043712.JPG

GSC day after LST (12ish hours)
DSCN043814.JPG

ALL THREE
DSCN043913.JPG

Another Quick Update: Got some goodies in the mail (more nutes, mostly bloom stuff so won't be using for another 2 weeks; also got B-52 and some Pirahna). I added some nutes----(1.3ml Z7 each bucket; 5ml Voodoo Juice each bucket; 5ml Piranha each bucket; and 3ml of B-52 in each bucket).

I have a new taller Oscillating Fan coming in tomorrow, along with some more bloom nutes; i'll show a pic of all the nutes I will be using once they all arrive.

Should I clear them now? Or once the stretch ends?

Or should I be focusing on maximum light to bud sights already?

I was just thinking more leafs=more photosynthesis therefore bigger plant post stretch=bigger/more buds.

bushy already, well done!

i've been reading a few posts on defoliation, check this well written post by Greenthumb J and the discussion below

The REAL Truth behind Defoliation

bushy already, well done!

i've been reading a few posts on defoliation, check this well written post by Greenthumb J and the discussion below

The REAL Truth behind Defoliation

Hey Sweeeet, thanks for the awesome article. Kinda solidifies what I was previously theorizing, put my mind at rest haha.

Appreciate it cuz!

Quick Update: Just gave ALL THREE ladies some more nutes; 3ml of M,G,B and 3ml of B-52. I know I just gave them some nutes yesterday but I have deliberately been doing it in smaller doses...but more frequently. In theory, this should let the plants adjust to new nute level easier, and should help not burn or shock them. All three had PPM measurements of 450ish this morning; after adding nutes they went up to around 600ppm, which is were I want it to be.

FULL UPDATE TONIGHT; lots of pics :thumb:

I had so much trouble in soil... I literally cringe every time I read a post about adding nutrients to soil. .

Thanks for dropping by Cncpro

One of the main reasons I went with DWC right there, that way if I mess up or the plant doesn't like it...I can change the rez. Plus, I feel like I have more control with being able to measure the PPM's...makes it so I know EXACTLY how much these ladies are eating on a daily basis, and I am able to adjust accordingly.

QUESTION: Should I switch from MH to HPS now or wait? when? I was planning on doing it a week from today...but I want some expert advice just in case it is important to switch it earlier.

Let me know dudes and dudettes, THANKS A BUNCH :p

Back
Top Bottom