First Grow: Advice Welcome

Also, do you or does anyone else have experience with autoflowers? Any advice on training techniques etc?
If these are Auto's you can only top before day 21. I usually only top Auto's 1 time & then just train. But yes, the 1st pic you should be able to top within a day or two. Then just start tying the branches back. By tying the branches out sideways it makes all the side growth on the main branches grow up to the top.
I use to grow Auto's, but went back to photo's. I just gave my last 2 auto seeds away today (Lemon Haze) to a guy who bought a light from me.

Ok so I have 6 autos that I think are healthy(2 blueberry/big devil and 4 purple kush). They’re all twenty days old exactly today.
I have 5 feminized plants that I can experiment more with. Probably gonna top at least one soon.
the last two plants might be untenable and or

Ok. So I fed and watered everyone except the two small stunted ones a full dose of fox farm nutes (grow big 3 tb/gallon of water and big bloom 4 tb/gallon of water. The smaller plants I gave a splash of the mix and some water.

I also trimmed. I topped the blueberry autos and half of the purple kush. I also trimmed lower leaves. I topped photos as well and trimmed. Pics are below.

I also started noticing a smell. I added some activated carbon to a cheap box fan and the smell disappeared. I bought a bigger carbon/charcoal filter. Any advice on how to install?
Any comments, questions? Thanks!!

D55C77DE-D7B0-4085-A4CD-585CBAE0201B.jpeg

985B6A96-DF03-420A-B2CA-FBAA4DF852D5.jpeg

98A73EEC-B6A3-47EA-9C7F-19C97905BB4A.jpeg

D877F05A-2BAD-4789-8606-BB2087181DF3.jpeg

2B079C1F-FCE4-4FAA-B3E2-E921B8D3F6CF.jpeg

6EB357CF-7A1E-415D-82D3-FE0F13A19F43.jpeg

F416475D-D100-40DA-8CF6-97E88B53E57A.jpeg

9C039C40-5584-4445-A128-01418990C8CC.jpeg

E8FFA3ED-E664-43F4-B9AE-C9811787A688.jpeg

B8ACFA5B-51F3-4141-99BE-6F269DE9A9E1.jpeg

Hey all! Update.
So the plants I trimmed seem to be responding well. My concern is with the gelato I topped and cloned. The leaves almost doubled in size, they’re now touching the substrate. Will the stem and branch catch up with it? (At least that’s what I think is going on)
I got the Mars hydro sp6500 set up and its bright!!

I also planted 20 new autoflower feminized seeds...19/20 so far are up and thriving...I’m almost hoping the last one doesn’t pop lol!

ok so my setup is as follows:

32 plants total. 13 are 29-35 days old mostly auto). 19 are 2 days old, all auto

lights: Mars hydro sp 6500, Mars hydro tsl 2000, two other burple 1,000 watt led equivalent lights (230w draw each)

Plants are currently in 6 gallon smart pots or 4.6 gallon plastic pots.

attached is a pic of the whole setup so far

EBAA739C-BD32-4FA7-B6ED-AE1E3E562FD0.jpeg

Hey all! Update.
So the plants I trimmed seem to be responding well. My concern is with the gelato I topped and cloned. The leaves almost doubled in size, they’re now touching the substrate. Will the stem and branch catch up with it? (At least that’s what I think is going on)
I got the Mars hydro sp6500 set up and its bright!!

I also planted 20 new autoflower feminized seeds...19/20 so far are up and thriving...I’m almost hoping the last one doesn’t pop lol!

ok so my setup is as follows:

32 plants total. 13 are 29-35 days old mostly auto). 19 are 2 days old, all auto

lights: Mars hydro sp 6500, Mars hydro tsl 2000, two other burple 1,000 watt led equivalent lights (230w draw each)

Plants are currently in 6 gallon smart pots or 4.6 gallon plastic pots.

attached is a pic of the whole setup so far

EBAA739C-BD32-4FA7-B6ED-AE1E3E562FD0.jpeg
Hey that’s awesome! Can you tell me how the little pots in the big pot work? I grow autos too and am always looking for advise.

Hey that’s awesome! Can you tell me how the little pots in the big pot work? I grow autos too and am always looking for advise.
I can’t tell you yet. I was hesitant to try them too. What I can tell you so far is this. So I somehow, accidentally put two tap roots I one cup. They both popped up on Sunday, and I decided to separate them sooner than later. ( I was worried about roots tangling). When I gently dig away the soil and pulled one up ever so gently, I was amazed at the tap root. Probably 3 inches long, while the visible part of the plant was a half inch. They both, seem ok, but I’m sure I narrowly averted two plants dying. If those roots tangled, both would’ve died or been severely stunted.
That all brings me to answer your question. I planted all 19 cardboard post in the larger, final home pots within 24 hours of what I call popping. I noticed 1 tap root that shot through the bottom of the cup by 1/4 inch.
maybe that one found a drainage opening, maybe it’s a robust plant, maybe the bottom was more wet and easier to punch though, maybe something else lol.

I can’t tell you yet. I was hesitant to try them too. What I can tell you so far is this. So I somehow, accidentally put two tap roots I one cup. They both popped up on Sunday, and I decided to separate them sooner than later. ( I was worried about roots tangling). When I gently dig away the soil and pulled one up ever so gently, I was amazed at the tap root. Probably 3 inches long, while the visible part of the plant was a half inch. They both, seem ok, but I’m sure I narrowly averted two plants dying. If those roots tangled, both would’ve died or been severely stunted.
That all brings me to answer your question. I planted all 19 cardboard post in the larger, final home pots within 24 hours of what I call popping. I noticed 1 tap root that shot through the bottom of the cup by 1/4 inch.
maybe that one found a drainage opening, maybe it’s a robust plant, maybe the bottom was more wet and easier to punch though, maybe something else lol.
I thought maybe it had something to do with ease of transplanting or with watering. So do you just leave the little pot inside the big pot or how does that work?

I thought maybe it had something to do with ease of transplanting or with watering. So do you just leave the little pot inside the big pot or how does that work?
The idea is that the roots can grow through the cardboard/fiber small pots. I tried these instead of peat pots or starter cells. I figured I could make the soil substrate what I wanted, and get the plants in their final home quick enough

Hey everyone. So I’m still figuring out the best setup for me...but I’m dialing it in.
I burned my dark angel with the new Mars hydro sp6500, but I think I caught it early enough to save the plant. Should I worry about hermaphroditism, the plant was 35 days old when this happened, photo dark angel variety?

I started new autoflowers last weekend also. 19/20 are up and growing!

I also put up the scrog net today.

Finally, here are two clones. One is 7 days old and one is 4. I don’t see roots, but they don’t look dead either. Any advice??

1037A51B-5933-4D9A-9906-9F8835767911.jpeg

5B742F39-77CB-4A53-BBA4-CEE13E969AD2.jpeg

78F3E26A-3A4E-4239-9023-8041D13CF988.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey smoke em, going to tag along for your grow show. Looks like you're going to have a heck of a lot going on there! Good job thus far my friend. Can't wait to see how full your room gets.

As for some help with your clones there, you got the first couple of steps going, but you should find a smaller clear container to set it in twith the lid on, and a few breather holes. Clones like really high humidity and moisture as they can only feed thru their leave right now. You can spritz them for now to help them along, but some sort of humidity chamber/dome will help a lot. Clones can take up to 2 weeks for roots to show, don't give up. My first time cloning and I got 19/20 in 7-11 days

Hey smoke em, going to tag along for your grow show. Looks like you're going to have a heck of a lot going on there! Good job thus far my friend. Can't wait to see how full your room gets.

As for some help with your clones there, you got the first couple of steps going, but you should find a smaller clear container to set it in twith the lid on, and a few breather holes. Clones like really high humidity and moisture as they can only feed thru their leave right now. You can spritz them for now to help them along, but some sort of humidity chamber/dome will help a lot. Clones can take up to 2 weeks for roots to show, don't give up. My first time cloning and I got 19/20 in 7-11 days
Thanks man! I’m trying/learning/failing/succeeding lol. Is it important to keep the starter cell I put the clones in dark or will the roots form and burst through regardless? I have them in a starter cell kit now, with the greenhouse top on most of the time.

Thanks man! I’m trying/learning/failing/succeeding lol. Is it important to keep the starter cell I put the clones in dark or will the roots form and burst through regardless? I have them in a starter cell kit now, with the greenhouse top on most of the time.
Hey man, we all learn the same way and it's mostly from mistakes lol I'm guilty of it. You're in the right place here at 420mag, I learned majority of my indoor growing knowledge here.

Ok good, if you have the top on that's what counts. Humidity and a moist plug is key, keeping the leaves misted maybe once a day unless it's really dry.

Low light, some people do it differently but really all you need is a small CFL bulb several feet away to do clones. Roots also do most of their growing at night so I've been told.

Once you see roots poking thru you can plant it however you like and watch it grow.

Hey man, we all learn the same way and it's mostly from mistakes lol I'm guilty of it. You're in the right place here at 420mag, I learned majority of my indoor growing knowledge here.

Ok good, if you have the top on that's what counts. Humidity and a moist plug is key, keeping the leaves misted maybe once a day unless it's really dry.

Low light, some people do it differently but really all you need is a small CFL bulb several feet away to do clones. Roots also do most of their growing at night so I've been told.

Once you see roots poking thru you can plant it however you like and watch it grow.
Thanks for the feedback! The clones look healthy to me, I’m surprised I didn’t find roots today! Wtf do I know lol!
Maybe you or someone could help with a light question.
I know the plants will expand and use/require more light as they start flowering. How much more space and light should I plan for?? I can answer any questions on variety, lights, space, etc

They might start to look dead or yellow before they show roots, don't fret, they will come back around.
When you cut the clones/branches, did you put them into a glass of water or instantly powder them and stick in the pods?

You should always expect a plant to triple in size, it may not triple, but some strains will. And you will still want room to move around once fun grown. Once put into flower, a plant will at least double in size.

What are the dimensions of your grow area? And what lights do you currently have? I know you purchased a couple more so I just want to be sure. And how many plants total do you have now?

Back
Top Bottom