First Grow - CFL - Bag Seed - Hempy Coco

Yeah that could be correct mate.. Im not sure on why they differ in color, but as for the plants stretching for light, mine arent stretching, the leaves are growing bigger and have 2nd set leaves comin along nicely, so i really dont think it may be a stretching issue. I havent grown a real tall lanky plant at all, maybe big but the Veg growth is quite dense. So not sure but anyway its all good;) Weed is majikal

Well I've been back online reading around again because my RH is on a rollercoaster ride. It will go from 48-50% with lights on and climb to 70-75% over night. This morning it was 77% but it was raining all night. I got a broken dehumidifier from the bother in law but I traced the prob to a $90 control board, $$ ouch. Any thoughts on if hanging some descant bags like damp-rid in the tent help if the outside tent air is in the 70% range? And My temps are higher than I hoped for, with the hot weather here now. The highest it's gotten was 86 deg with average night temp at 68-70. Since I can't lower the temps in a field stone cellar, I am going to build one or two CO2 generators to help the plant in the warmer climate. Any chance that these two factors could have cause my latest issues? Well I got a hour to kill so off to sit, chill and burn one with the ladies while we have a little chat and pep talk. maybe play the tape from my 1st dead show back on 4/15/81.:peace:

Well I've been back online reading around again because my RH is on a rollercoaster ride. It will go from 48-50% with lights on and climb to 70-75% over night. This morning it was 77% but it was raining all night. I got a broken dehumidifier from the bother in law but I traced the prob to a $90 control board, $$ ouch. Any thoughts on if hanging some descant bags like damp-rid in the tent help if the outside tent air is in the 70% range? And My temps are higher than I hoped for, with the hot weather here now. The highest it's gotten was 86 deg with average night temp at 68-70. Since I can't lower the temps in a field stone cellar, I am going to build one or two CO2 generators to help the plant in the warmer climate. Any chance that these two factors could have cause my latest issues? Well I got a hour to kill so off to sit, chill and burn one with the ladies while we have a little chat and pep talk. maybe play the tape from my 1st dead show back on 4/15/81.:peace:

As it stands right now 86*F is not your biggest problem. You need to get that dehumidifier repaired or lose your crop to bud rot with RH that high. ALSO, with CO2 generators, that will RAISE your humidity even more. I would suggest you get that RH down to 30% before putting the CO2 generators in.

Hey now,
Back with a quick update. The next in line has grown 18 inches in the last 13 days. I did not know they could move like that, wow. But now, 17 days into flower the yellow strikes again, still from the bottom up. I have still been adding the nitrate to the water at a lower 1 TBSP/Gal. to try to prevent this. That is down from the 2 TBSP I gave at first to try to save the last one. Granted these are the worst two leaves but it is spreading.
IMAG06183.jpg
IMAG06153.jpg
IMAG06143.jpg

What other def. would cause this. Maybe Potassium? The smaller leaf is starting to get some small brown spots in the yellow on the center finger. Also I use well water so have not added any cal/mag, I thought the hard water would be enough but just read that it may be needed when using coco at least early on.:peace:

Hey now,
Back with a quick update. The next in line has grown 18 inches in the last 13 days. I did not know they could move like that, wow. But now, 17 days into flower the yellow strikes again, still from the bottom up. I have still been adding the nitrate to the water at a lower 1 TBSP/Gal. to try to prevent this. That is down from the 2 TBSP I gave at first to try to save the last one. Granted these are the worst two leaves but it is spreading.
IMAG06183.jpg
IMAG06153.jpg
IMAG06143.jpg

What other def. would cause this. Maybe Potassium? The smaller leaf is starting to get some small brown spots in the yellow on the center finger. Also I use well water so have not added any cal/mag, I thought the hard water would be enough but just read that it may be needed when using coco at least early on.:peace:

Which MG Shake-n-feed are you using?

Good day folks, and a happy day as well. I scored a old school dehumidifier for free, well it was suggested I get the person a gift card to dunkin donuts. Either way its a good deal, the old ones are workhorses. I may have to empty it twice a day until RH is under control. It took whole 30 seconds to start dripping when I plugged it in. The extra 4" exhaust fan is helping to keep temps at 84 deg max. I am saving for another 6 inch fan that should get temps lower still. This plant had crazy growth, could it have gone past what the crap ferts can supply? Like it is slowly starving as it out grows the amount of nutes that the fert can release. That could be why just added N is not solving the problem, only prolonging decay. If is is P & K starved maybe I'll try a weak nute mix of gro and bloom with combined numbers at 2-6-10 maybe starting at seedling strength to start and take it from there? Or even weaker than that? Someone has suggested lack of sulfur and this would have some sulfur and mag in the mix as well. This and the other largest(burned but recovered) of my girls are drinking up their water supply daily so I think I'll give them some fortified water in the morning and watch for burn. :peace:

Good day folks, and a happy day as well. I scored a old school dehumidifier for free, well it was suggested I get the person a gift card to dunkin donuts. Either way its a good deal, the old ones are workhorses. I may have to empty it twice a day until RH is under control. It took whole 30 seconds to start dripping when I plugged it in. The extra 4" exhaust fan is helping to keep temps at 84 deg max. I am saving for another 6 inch fan that should get temps lower still. This plant had crazy growth, could it have gone past what the crap ferts can supply? Like it is slowly starving as it out grows the amount of nutes that the fert can release. That could be why just added N is not solving the problem, only prolonging decay. If is is P & K starved maybe I'll try a weak nute mix of gro and bloom with combined numbers at 2-6-10 maybe starting at seedling strength to start and take it from there? Or even weaker than that? Someone has suggested lack of sulfur and this would have some sulfur and mag in the mix as well. This and the other largest(burned but recovered) of my girls are drinking up their water supply daily so I think I'll give them some fortified water in the morning and watch for burn. :peace:

CONGRATULATIONS!! You might be able to "engineer" a drain to the outside with a drill and some tubing, if you put the dehumidifier up onto something to create a slope outside.

The nutes at 1/4 strength sounds like a good plan.

P.S. I wish there was a Dunkin' Donuts around here. We just have a closed Krispy Kreme

Cool Jandre thanks yet again, I will start feeding them at lights on in a hour. Krispy Kreme and Tim Horton didn't make it around here they all closed within a couple years of opening. I think D&D puts addictive stuff in the coffee, sooooo good and can't be made at home. Great now I'm craving an ice coffee. Anyhoo, I am under ground level so I am stuck emptying the water by hand, but I am down there daily so It wont be to bad. That was one of my chores as a kid to go down the basement and empty the dehumidifier. Makes me think of my dad. I was wondering, is the distilled water from there usable at all for the plants? or would the cleaning the drain res and adding cal/mag and crap to it out weigh the convenience.:peace:

Got better pics of the yellow leaves today when I cleared the lower sites that wont grow good buds I took the affected lower leaves too.
IMAG06293.jpg
IMAG06273.jpg

There is one other with middle finger very yellow higher up on the plant so I left it. The tips are curling and burnt looking on the yellowest leafs. I also noticed a couple burnt saw tooth tips up top so I moved the light higher and elevated the shortest girls. I got a 12" table fan with the dehumidifier yesterday and added that. The RH got up to 58% for a high last night 20% lower after only 10 hours running the dehumidifier. I am hopeful that it will drop further with continuous running. I gave a seedling strength feed this morning, 1/4 tsp each of Micro, Gro and Bloom. If I bothered to read further I would have seen for bloom it reads 1 Tsp Gro, 2 TSP Micro and 3 TSP Bloom. that would mean that I am at strengths of 1/8 on the Micro and 1/12 on the Bloom. So what I am hoping the plant needs I didn't give enough of. I will scrap the rest of that water or give it to the clones (1wk into 12/12) and get it right tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should feed/water/feed or I've seen feed/feed/water. Will have to research that in a coco medium Hempy system.

Also I mix a gallon at a time and use it with in two days, should I get a air stone for the 1/2 gallon left overnight, mix smaller with no leftovers or is that short enough of time to not worry about it. :peace:

Cool Jandre thanks yet again, I will start feeding them at lights on in a hour. Krispy Kreme and Tim Horton didn't make it around here they all closed within a couple years of opening. I think D&D puts addictive stuff in the coffee, sooooo good and can't be made at home. Great now I'm craving an ice coffee. Anyhoo, I am under ground level so I am stuck emptying the water by hand, but I am down there daily so It wont be to bad. That was one of my chores as a kid to go down the basement and empty the dehumidifier. Makes me think of my dad. I was wondering, is the distilled water from there usable at all for the plants? or would the cleaning the drain res and adding cal/mag and crap to it out weigh the convenience.:peace:

Dehumidifier water tends to grow a myriad of fungi. Black slimy stuff... You could collect it in a 5Gal bucket and boil it once a week for 30 min to make it sterile at least. Test it with an EC meter to see if there are contaminants, and whatnot after it cools. But water's water, I see no reason not to recycle it.

Got better pics of the yellow leaves today when I cleared the lower sites that wont grow good buds I took the affected lower leaves too.
IMAG06293.jpg
IMAG06273.jpg

There is one other with middle finger very yellow higher up on the plant so I left it. The tips are curling and burnt looking on the yellowest leafs. I also noticed a couple burnt saw tooth tips up top so I moved the light higher and elevated the shortest girls. I got a 12" table fan with the dehumidifier yesterday and added that. The RH got up to 58% for a high last night 20% lower after only 10 hours running the dehumidifier. I am hopeful that it will drop further with continuous running. I gave a seedling strength feed this morning, 1/4 tsp each of Micro, Gro and Bloom. If I bothered to read further I would have seen for bloom it reads 1 Tsp Gro, 2 TSP Micro and 3 TSP Bloom. that would mean that I am at strengths of 1/8 on the Micro and 1/12 on the Bloom. So what I am hoping the plant needs I didn't give enough of. I will scrap the rest of that water or give it to the clones (1wk into 12/12) and get it right tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should feed/water/feed or I've seen feed/feed/water. Will have to research that in a coco medium Hempy system.

Also I mix a gallon at a time and use it with in two days, should I get a air stone for the 1/2 gallon left overnight, mix smaller with no leftovers or is that short enough of time to not worry about it. :peace:

Yeah, no need for air stone for your mixed nutes only sitting in a jug 1 day.

Looks like you have the yellowing in hand, mixing mixup and all, lol.

So far so good at lights out no new yellowing noticeable since the feed. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I caught it and my efforts have fixed it in time. Moved my five clones (4 from yellow girl) from the self watering tray in the dome to keg party cups. Straight coco no MG+ feels so much better knowing what they are getting and when. I priced the "suggested" quarts of Floralicious® and liquid KoolBloom. Holy crap $57 and $24, and he said that's with a discount. The Floralicious has sugars and stuff so I will DIY a replacement with molasses possibly. I may chip the rock and spring for the KoolBloom Friday. :peace:

Hi Elec, Sorry to see you have a minor issue with ur girl. It may have been the heat / humidity, my last girl showed similar stress when i had light too close and high RH. But this time ive managed to keep my temps between 20-30* dgrees celcius, and an RH of between 26 - 40%, only varies a little now.. Hope you get on top of whateva is the cause. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;):thumb:

Thanks, The RH is still too high but better. Lights on 40-42% but lights off climbs to 58-60%need to find another free dehumidifier or save for a bigger unit. The temps seem stable at a high of 84 but need to add a second 6" fan in hopes to get lower still.:peace:

Just to let you know, with my 400w in a 2x4x5 grow box, my temps run between 82 and 89, but I'm also enriching with CO2, so it needs to be higher to better use the enrichment, and every thing is growing really well. I would have been doing that if my humidity was as high as yours, though, as enrichment and higher temps tends to raise RH due to the faster transpiration. I go through water in my res faster, too that way, but my plants are quite happy.

Maybe being below ground, is part of your humidity problem. Are your walls sealed completely for seepage?

Back
Top Bottom