First Grow Ever, Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

Here's a few pics of my girls, likely gonna flip em in one to two weeks time

They are monster crop clones, I've had em about three weeks, were about a foot tall when I got em with one main stem

I have LST'd em to the max, using electrical wire thru holes in the rim of the pots

That's a humidifier in the middle kicking out the vapour ;)

I have done no defol at this stage, like to leave em to go nuts at first - gonna strip em back before stretch, after stretch and three weeks after that :)

I did top em last week tho

20170507_181349.jpg
20170507_181228.jpg
20170507_181217.jpg

Super cropping is lightly crushing the stem of a branch and bending it over horizontaly. Use the technique to keep branches from getting to close to the lights and it helps create an even canopy. You can google the term and get youtube videos showing how to supercrop properly.

Its just another training tool in our arsenal, ive scrogged in the past and it will increase your yields big time. I need to let them go vertical sooner to get bigger colas. But that will be in a future grow down the road.

The whole thing is unbelievable.......again!

The buds are bending the branches. Tying them up my hands got a bit sticky and gooey. The smell is heavenly!!

I hope I get more than 2lbs from each plant. The strawberry cough has the bending branches. The other one is getting really stinky!

2lbs from each plant? I do hope you meant ounces otherwise you're going to be one very disappointed little Horasce.
But they are looking good. :thumb:

I have been very busy but so happy to provide an update.

I have about 2 weeks before harvest. I know the plants decide and not me so I am looking forward to their final push to fatten their buds.

Is there anything I can do to encourage this? So far I was not a good caretaker and over-nutrient them. The very tips are brown so i will flush tomorrow.

Also, I heard about using molasses to sweeten and enhance their flavor. How much should I use?

Pics are below and thanks for any input and support!

20170517_190730.jpg

20170517_190711.jpg

20170517_190658.jpg

20170517_190645.jpg

Sugars left in the buds at harvest make for a harsher smoke. Thats why people flush with plain water to force the plant to burn stored sugars. Also you can give 48-72 hours of dark before you harvest and the plants will use sugars during that dark period.

The time for molasses was two months ago my friend!

You are approaching flush time

I use a few growth booster/ sugar carb additive nutes

My regular range is gold label

I use their bat boost at start of flowering

Also i use green planet liquid w8 - gonna start that this week, one week before flip

I use green planet finisher from week three of flowering

:)

Those flavour & fatness boosters did well last time :)

Glad ur doing well mate

It looks like I didnt quite plan as well as I thought. I am a perfectionist and would have done what I could if I had known more tricks and tips.

Either way I dont regret my grow. I knew I wouldnt have all of it at once and in the back of my mind I wanted to do it as well as I could with what I had and I have full confidence in that.

For some reason I dreamed and expected more bud and would lie if I said I am not a little disappointed. I still dont regret my grow and really look forward to more grows.

Summer is coming quickly and I am err'ing on the side of waiting until the fall to try again because it is just so hot where I am but I just might try one plant this time and see how it goes. I have plenty of seeds; like 8 different varieties.

One of the suppliers uses a container that fell apart and the seeds fell out. I cannot find a few of them and they are not in their labeled holes so I have no idea what they are.

In the very least I am going to count this grow successful because the plants did not die and I will have some harvest. Its not the quart jars I anticipated but it will be something; we arent heavy smokers anyway. We would be considered very light smokers. We havent finished a full quarter bag in 6 months. !Either our source has stellar bud or we are lightweights!

2 more weeks before harvest and I am so thankful so far with the performance, result, and all the help and support from this forum!

:Namaste::cheer:Anywho - so I looked up, again, the variety and description from the supplier and they both have MEDIUM for the amount of yield.

Come on girls......FATTEN 'EM UP!:cheer::Namaste:

:high-five: :goodjob: :high-five: :goodjob: :high-five: :goodjob: :high-five: :goodjob:

I havent posted much because it just seems that its at the end and everything is coming down to harvest. 3

I am into the 8th week of flower, 3days into the 9th, and the Snowcap GDP has starting to drop outer and lower leaves and on some of the outer and lower branches. It is just about time to harvest.

The strawberry cough is still going strong with much fewer leaves drooping and dropping only a few.

I dont think GDP is ready but within the next 7 days for sure. I will probably harvest the GDP one day the the SC after a few more days.

The first pic is GDP and the second pic is SC:

20170524_172552.jpg

20170524_172604.jpg

The SC still looks like it has a way to go yet; at least a couple of weeks. Bit hard to tell from the picture with the GDP, but that too looks like it needs more time. You should be pretty happy with your first grow.

Back
Top Bottom