First Grow Ever, Excited, Anxious & A Little Scared

Looking good, Horasce. :thumb:

many people recommend stripping the lower foliage, claiming more of the plant's energy is then directed to the actively growing and thriving parts. I'm a little ambivalent on the subject and don't practice it. I think it's a personal choice and you may want to experiment to see what you prefer.

This is their 3rd week into flower. Now is a good time for that?! Don't want to jump yet but that is what my but is telling me.

Yes Horasce strip em back

I remove the lowest six to eight inches, most of what lies beneath the SCROG mesh really

The buds down there are never gonna amount to much and you may as well channel the growth to the upper areas

This is their 3rd week into flower. Now is a good time for that?! Don't want to jump yet but that is what my but is telling me.

I see what you guys mean, I'm also going into 3 week of flower.
I will start the trim on mine also when I get home from work. I can see what you mean. I have a lot of small buds that don't get much light also! Thanks guys....✌️

Listen to your butt Horasce lol

Me personally I'd top em (nip off top growth so the top grows into two) a week before i flip em

Strip lower growth & thin em out two weeks into bloom so all growth is concentrated & focussed higher up the plant and also light can get to all buds

Then five weeks into bloom I'd further tidy, make sure they remain bare lower down and take away leafage obscuring buds

Tip as well if you're gonna take fan leafs off, maybe don't take both of a pair, take one that obscures the most and leave the other

Updated PICS in Normal lighting

20170421_174958.jpg

20170421_174949.jpg

20170421_174942.jpg

20170421_174856.jpg

20170421_174906.jpg

20170421_174925.jpg

Horasce, may I respectfully suggest keeping a baseball bat handy. Whenever you start feeling negative about your grow, just post your negative thoughts and then give yourself a decent thwack between the eyes. When you finally wake up, you'll see all the encouragement here and realise you were just being a total twat the whole time. :)

Good effort H :)

I've got four girls going strong right now

I'm having to learn to think outside of the nute manufacturers guidelines now - the strain I'm growing likes a lot of magnesium earlier than the manu says to add extra Mg

I recognised the signs from last time and acted on them sooner than last time too - bumped up the Mg - gonna leave em another week possibly two before I flip em

They are growing tight - as well as the 2 x 315s I've also got six led strips in - equivalent to another 330w

Am running em on 6hr light 2hr dark

They love that and have gone nuts

Been letting temp drop below 20C in the dark

When they flip and are in stretch am gonna keep temp about 24C in the dark to promote real close tight nodal spacing for fat ass buds

Back
Top Bottom