First Time Grower

Hey all, the girls are getting bushier everyday. Just wondering if there are any good later stage trimming advice, should I leave them be?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As long as there's good airflow between the plants you should be alright bud. As for the purple stems, I noticed mine has those too but haven't noticed anything wrong with that. Probably from the bends?

As long as there's good airflow between the plants you should be alright bud. As for the purple stems, I noticed mine has those too but haven't noticed anything wrong with that. Probably from the bends?
420-magazine-mobile548420577.jpg

Jeorge cervantes website.

No problem buddy just trying to help where i can . Although im not a proffesional. But idk if u have a ppm meter or ec meter to check if it could be to much salt build up. If not that it would most likely just be phosporus deffiecency. As on journals thats what i mostly see what it is. Although idk if u are in flower or veg. But id read up on it a bit to see what best fits your situation. Just search "what causes purple stems"

Cool will do. A ppm meter is on my wishlist right now. Hoping my wife can get it for me for belated bday present haha.

I also found this:
420-magazine-mobile1880555615.jpg

I guess it's one of those symptoms where you wait and see if it gets worse.

Yeah exactly if the plants looking healthy then its best to wait and see. But there was just so many factors for me to tell u exactly what to do for u buddy. cause i forgot to mention to ask what strain u have because one of the plants parents or grandparents couldve had some purple in their genetics. Also sorry smokeypanda for kinda taking over your journal i hope you dont mind.

Just an update from the garden. The ladies are all settling in nicely. The sativas are just doing amazing! Here are some update pics, a grower friend of mine is coming soon to show me how to properly prune if I need to.

420-magazine-mobile363267616.jpg
420-magazine-mobile633330506.jpg
420-magazine-mobile721539187.jpg
420-magazine-mobile76214805.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1896613854.jpg

Hey total newbie question, how do I know it's time to flip the plants? Is it strictly a time line situation or do I wait for something?

Hey total newbie question, how do I know it's time to flip the plants? Is it strictly a time line situation or do I wait for something?

Its up to you can flip to flower whenever you want it to.. you can veg for a year and half and then flower if u choose although ull have a 20 foot plant lol. But usually plants double in size during flower so you just account how much space you have to grow and once your about halfway flip to flower. All you need to do is put your timer to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.

Got the young un's moved and letting the ladies stretch their legs some. Here are some update shots.

420-magazine-mobile865397720.jpg
420-magazine-mobile195267520.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1822714982.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1823410217.jpg

They seem happy! Any suggestions or hints as how to SCROG? My buddy keeps saying he's going to come by but I'm thinking I shouldn't depend on that lol

Begin gently pushing down branches in different directions, be gentle is the key. I like for the entire plant to start beneath the net and grow up to it. Then keep tucking and training branches towards the empty spots in your net. The goal is a nice flat canopy so when you flip them to 12/12 all your colas will be the same height. Sharing equal light.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Well got the net up, had to move one of the seedlings to the big tent as it's growing like crazy! I am going to flip the big girls either tonight or Saturday. Having some issues with humidity any suggestions? Tried putting in some rice doesn't seem to have an effect. Thought about biting the bullet this weekend and buying a dehumidifier?

420-magazine-mobile166018522.jpg
420-magazine-mobile346603554.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1147524884.jpg
420-magazine-mobile475296027.jpg

Here's a picture of the "baby" she's a sativas blue Treacle and I think she looks delicious.

420-magazine-mobile579200194.jpg

They are officially flowering! Couple days in they are stretching like mad. Things are looking good, trying to iron out the humidity issues. Will post pics later tonight hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom