Four Random Heavy Hitter's

that closet is also supposed to be a laundry room it's like 10ft. deep x 6ft across. it's got a dryer vent that goes straight up i've been using as ventilation. it's starting to drop below freezing here at night so reversing the fan should cool the hps nicely. plus im going to use the hps as a area saturation light, i'll still be using cfl's for the close up stuff and keeping the plants from stretching.

Yo with the 1k you wont need the cfl's unless you want to use them under the canopy. Thats sweet that you have the dryer vent. Id be careful blowing freezing cold air across the hot bulb it may shatter. Just use a AC reflector and vent the hot air up the dryer vent or vent it back into the house and heat it like I do with 2 x 600's. Just get the heat out of the grow room. Nice plants btw.. :peace:

Thanks mcbudz for the heads up on the light. that would suck!! No i'll just stick a fan right in the end of the duct and call it a day. suck all the air out the room. the room is only hot right around or above the light the plants have it good. Oh and i just went and snagged me sum seeds!!! I hope for the process and the female count to be good. I got a 10pk of 'Black Pearl' and 10 of 'Black Queen from highgrade seeds. Good lookin out MB & B!

Well everything is different today. Plant's 2 and 3 were moved to the 5 gal. pots. They were tricky but the roots were even coming out the top of the soil so i barely lost any dirt. I re potted them using a 50/50 mix of organic compost and perlite and the old root ball intact but kinda broken up. All the clones were moved to 3 gal. and doing fine. Plant 4's bottom had to give up it's spot so i'll have her in the jar in a few days.

this garden has been mowed! pretty nice haul w/the cfl's and later the hps. All the clones have new loving homes and you'll probably see them around. Smoke report is it gets ya stoned.:cool:
I'll start a new thread w/the HGS black pearl and black queen i got today:grinjoint:
I'm not sure if i should do 2 threads or combine them. Plus I expect the poison afghan and hindu kush i got to come pretty soon. Also invested in a 1kw MH bulb.

I went ahead and kept one of #1's clones. I still don't know what strain it is but its real skunky and greasy. Planted some hgs seeds so peep that grow out. Heres some pix i know i been slackin sorry....

Clone of Plant #1 - 2 months since separation
PICT0031.JPG

PICT00281.JPG

PICT0027.JPG

PICT00021.JPG

PICT0073.JPG

PICT00711.JPG

PICT0057.JPG

PICT0055.JPG

PICT0056.JPG

PICT0034.JPG

PICT0033.JPG

PICT00701.JPG

Hairy gal ain't she.:drool:

This foxtailing is really picking up now. The calyx's are really filling in on and around each other making these ropes that have so much pistol development they have started braiding the ropes together forming what should be a very stout dense plant. I think it'll make a single solid plant sized 'cola' before long, not much more space to fill, and it's haulin'. :bong:

Clone - plant #1 - 01.02.09
PICT00461.JPG

i need a bigger bong i think..:bongrip: no no bigger....:roorrip: yea that's it. :clap:

I love the foxtailing. Beautiful plants.

A job well done.

Wait A Minute -- THIS is the Bong I needed earlier....:bigtoke:

:thanks: Dr.215 she's still just twistin herself up, so we's can get twisted later. I still haven't figured out how i should age her.!? is when i trimmed her from mommy, or her and mom's combined ages. But mom was 12/12 from seed, that's it. Also i never vegged the clones just 12/12 from then till now. The clones i would think to be used to the light so i let em ride. either way it will take an hour for me to research my thread for those dates and be sure. I guess she's almost 2 months from separation, and mom was 45-55 days at 12/12. I'm still waiting till this clone is done and people here on site are begging to chop it before it goes bad. (i hope my willpower is that good) I gotta clean my bowl!! I have resin from all of my 4 hitterz, my grape kush stick, the local farmers market stuff - cinderella,oprah,purp,purplekush,superpurp,g-13, orangekush,cherrypie,greencrack and at least 7-9 i forgot about. I havent smoked but maybe, MAYBE a whole blunts worth of reggi (regular,comm,swag) to my self since march of 2008!! All super homegrown, dro's, kind budz and super strains since then have gone through this bowl and only the screen has been changed. If you don't hear from me in a few hours i musta passed out!:cool: see ya dr. - scrape and smoke is necessary for my bitchin' ass company. they get nun!!!!!!! believe that.

:woohoo: pipe cured resin hits
be cool dr.215 :peace:

HAHAHHAA. Nice man. I think i understood about half of what you said. Anyway i was at home depot yesterday and i found a 70 dollar HPS enclosed light (it said it was a 100 watts or so) and thought to myself that it didnt seem right. So my question is do you think it would be beneficial to pick that sucker up? I mean its an HPS light, it obviously has the same spectrum as all the other hps lights right? My grow is all CFLs right now i'm about to throw the clones into flower this coming week. And although i know alot of people would just say get a fatter (400-600 watt) one that would be way better. BUT, i'm on a tight budget and this is a poor mans grow and i figured i could tighten up those airy buds with a light hps.

Dr.215 at least you understood something i said, i read back and i only got the part about me smokin! lol About the light, that sounds like a get. But the bulbs i have say their 'horticultural bulbs'. The cfl's didnt say that and they worked so i dont think it matters much. that's me though. also i looked and htg supplies has a 150wt w/reflector and bulb for 69.95 + shipping. might check that out too, it's discrete, my stuff is delivered to the office where i'm at and it doesnt arouse any suspicion.

ah that definitely has some advantages. Its pretty interesting for me though, deliveries cant come to my home, they only arrive at the local post office and i have to pick them up. And for that reason i shy away from shady purchases online. I'm gunna go back to HD this week and chat with an employee about the bulb further. If that doesnt work out ill be looking into HTG and ship to a friends house.

Your ladies look tasty as always man. Keep it up and thanks for the help!

wow, this is the most similar setup i've seen to my own. i use cfl's as well, except mine are setup on 2 horizontal 2x4's that can each hold 10 lights. i plan on keeping my girls low and even by scrogging, trying to maximize the yield. my first cfl grow was like yours, but i think the way you trim might have been a little more efficient. props to you and you've definitely inspired cfl'ers everywhere!!

wow, this is the most similar setup i've seen to my own. i use cfl's as well, except mine are setup on 2 horizontal 2x4's that can each hold 10 lights. i plan on keeping my girls low and even by scrogging, trying to maximize the yield. my first cfl grow was like yours, but i think the way you trim might have been a little more efficient. props to you and you've definitely inspired cfl'ers everywhere!!

Thanx man! sounds like your setup is more stable than the plastic and duct tape fixtures i ran. the key to a good cfl grow i think is to just have as many of them shitz as you can as close as you can. i kept my plants like 3-4 inches from my lights, and the tie down thing really set it off, plants #1,2 and 3 were in excess of 30 inches tall w/# 2 and 3 giving me over a oz each. not bad for a lil 75-80 day grow 12/12 the whole time. +rep 4 you hazy, keep on growin'.

well now i'm thinkin i may or may not have me a problem w/my clone. im gonna look around but if yall know whats going on let me know please! heres some pix.

this one isnt so bad cause its at a distance and you can see how its filling out. but i got leaves falling off like crazy, all up in the bud structure mostly. i dont know if the calyx's are chokin em out or if its more sinister of a problem. the foxtails are stretchin to get out of the main 'bud' also. heres the pix...

clone #1
PICT00202.JPG

PICT00273.JPG

i'll get some better shots of the damage when the lights come on for her. this is totally not cool. :bitingnails:

I went diggin around in the affected areas, good news no bugs, bad news lots of seeds!! I believe it hermie'd on me. The big calyx's along the stem are all open and flat. I'm not sure what to do now. It is still growing daily but i got the 4 new plants i don't want tainted. I musta screwed up somewhere along the way w/her. well she still stinks while she sparkles so thats good, but all my lovely hairs are gone and my foxtails just look like stems all of a sudden. I got pix...

PICT00263.JPG

PICT00322.JPG

PICT00371.JPG

PICT00391.JPG

hopefully that's the only thing wrong w/her!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom