From Seed to Harvest with 2 x 320W LEDs

Re: From Seed to Harvest with 2ea 320W LEDs'

Looking very nice, surprising how much bigger the non-defol'd plant is. No doubt that defol slows down the growth. The questions is is the yield worth the extra veg time.
Are you gonna send them all into flower at the same time, regardless of size?
Thanks Stealth. I will be flowering all of them at the same time I only have one room for growing

Looking really good Harley. I pull leaves out only to open it up or yellowing leaves. I haven't defoled completely. Your growth may be from defoling but it could be just the way it is. You will be able to tell soon. If it stunted the plants and they really start growing you know not to do it the way you did it. Good luck your plants look very healthy.
Thanks Bee I have decided to defol very little, maybe 4 leaves at a time is all, on the Blue Dream, GDP, and OG Kush

Thanks BID

i think defoliatin' is a good thing in veg and for shaping combined with lst and topping its very useful, but once your flowering im dne with defol excet for dead /diying leaves i prefer to tuck and lst, i have seen so many plants shut down after defol in flower never to really get back on time and vigor, thats my feeling, but it works for some ppl do your own thing and find your bliss point, every grow is unique to its parameters needless to say your girls look sweet! :high-five::bravo::goodjob:
I still am undecided I know that's bad I am going to do some light defol on the shorter plants the nodes are so tight it's hard to see any of the nodes below the tops
This is a good point b, like the hidden tomato.................the ones that never get light!
Hey Mc yes these are growing in black gold
hi mate, plants look great,

ive got a ww x sk#1 that the same age as all my other plants, the ww x sk had huge leaves as big as dinner plates, i cut all the big fan leaves off and instantly the rest of the plant started growing, my ww x sk is 3 timese the size of all my other plants of the same age including clones that was rooted before this ww x sk sprouted, what i find stresses the plant longer is taking a leaf or 2 each day, i have found its best to remove the leaves in one go so the plant is stressed just once, so you might remove leaves only once or twice in veg then again after day 21 of flower,

it is dependent on strain and growing conditions, but bassman grows amazing plants using heavy defol, i used heavy defol and lollypopped and ended up with 1 bud the same size as a 2ltr pop bottle, its in my first journal somewhere, some plants i heave defol and others i dont, but the plants ive not used defol on like the big buddha cheese and another one of my plants are smaller than the ww x sk and have much less side branch growth.

so it does depend on strain to some degree but indoor plants are well looked after, outdoor plants lose leaves to bugs and animals and disease, indoors we dont let bugs go near the plants and we dont let animals come along and eat the lower leaves, so outdoors plants naturally replace leaves they lose, indoors if we dont take leaves then the plant dont lose any till their either not getting light or until the plants is well into flower,
i really stand on the fence as both methods seem to work, in fact anything we do to these plants seems to produce good results, lst,hst,fim,topped, scrog etc etc, each time the plants bounce back and yield well so it could just be that one strain is growing much slower than others and it might not be down to the defol, ive got at least 6 strains growing at the minute and all planted at same time and all different sizes, but the 3 plants ive used defol on are the biggest and have the most side branches compared with plants left to grow without any training,
Thanks DP I am going to let the plants go and see how well my LEDs penetrate the canopy

i need to do something about some leaves..dam reveg..
It's a personal choice. Good luck.

Here is what's in it and I use it straight out of the bag
IMG_101816.JPG

In the first two pictures you can see the final drip system with a quick disconnect for removing the tea bucket and pump without having to spill very much water. It sure has made it easier to water the plants
The next to shots are of the Blue Dream and the CSSH after that comes the GDP then the OG Kush and then GDP II,Group Shot and the last is OG Kush II Due to the stunting of some of the plants I will be going to 8 weeks in veg then to flower around day 56. You can tell The CSSH has more sativa in it than the others. its taller and has greater node spacing that the others. LEDs are great for keeping node spacing tight. I have experienced it on both this and the last grow.:peace:

Harley they are looking really nice my man. Happy Friedday

Wow.. do you feed every time you water, or how does that work with this system?

One feeding will be with Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 and the next time it will be with Soil Life activator mixed with Bio Minerals 2.5-4-.2and some Yucca extract. I mix everything then pump out of a bucket into the plants. I have no nute burn and the plants are healthy and growing. I keep the soil on the moist side with my air pots as the plants get bigger I will need more water/mix right now they are drinking about 2/3 a gal. every 3 days. my last grow I feed a lot less and had smaller plants.

I used to use espomas gro-tone which is a fish fertilizer. Maybe ill switch back to it. Only problem is that its pricey and stinks like minty fish guts.

Back
Top Bottom