Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos: Take 1

I vote more LED! :) :) :). That's just me though lol. The little ones are looking great btw!

I did warn my husband that my holiday wishlist may be changing. :)

fuzz thanks for daily laugh :rofl:

I aim to serve! :circle-of-love:

Pishahhhhh!
I brought a Manx home from the pound many years ago now. They pretty much fetch right out of the box anyway... training not required. Collection of wayward bottle caps at my feet... crazy girl.

Okay. Fair enough. Mine aren't Manx though. :laughtwo:

Is that hay on top of the soil? Is there a benefit using it that way?

It is hay. I use it as mulch. It helps keep the soil moister for longer and will break down and provide some small amount of nutrients to the soil. I forgot I was going to use it when I filled the big pots and didn't give myself enough room for a thicker layer, but I put what I could on anyway.

Hello Fuzz nut, I've been catching up with your grow and I've gotta give you reps#, nice! Mixing your own soil, oh boy, that's skill! Really sending some cool vibes your way! Glad to have ya as neighbor! Thanks for stopping by the Hive.
Peaceful blazing

Thank you! I can hardly take credit for the soil. I just took other people's suggestions and worked from that. It will likely be a work in progress with fine tunings each grow. As you can see, the seedling version was not especially successful with the photos. The auto version is working much better though.

:passitleft:

Wazzup FUZZ. I just got back on a mini Vaca so Sorry I havent posted in a couple days. Plants look healthy. Growing a little slow for some odd reason. But look healthy. Those Autos are gonna catch up to the Photos. Whats your plan with the Autos. As far as growing tech and Lighting time. Iv heard and seen many different techs on those. Lighting as well. Some never turn the lights off. Are you going to stick with 18/6. (which is what I think you have them at now) or are you going to drop them to 12/12? Either way. Keep it up. I cant wait to see how all these turn out. Alot of plants on your hands there. LOL Thats alot of wants and needs.

Some very nice plants there indeed. They chug along quite nice! :thumb: Mine are quite stretchy under my single 100W chip light but it has been moved closer, so time will tell. I think it lacks in the blue spectrum. Man if only my cat can fetch, that would be awesome! Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

Wazzup FUZZ. I just got back on a mini Vaca so Sorry I havent posted in a couple days. Plants look healthy. Growing a little slow for some odd reason. But look healthy. Those Autos are gonna catch up to the Photos. Whats your plan with the Autos. As far as growing tech and Lighting time. Iv heard and seen many different techs on those. Lighting as well. Some never turn the lights off. Are you going to stick with 18/6. (which is what I think you have them at now) or are you going to drop them to 12/12? Either way. Keep it up. I cant wait to see how all these turn out. Alot of plants on your hands there. LOL Thats alot of wants and needs.

Maybe they slowed down because they missed you like we did? :winkyface: :hug:

18/6 for lights. I'm going to top the autos once and then just do some gentle stretching to open up bud sites - UNLESS the plant starts going crazy and I have to get serious with the bondage. It seems some ladies like that. :blalol:

looking good!

Thank you! I see you started a journal today, and I will be along shortly for a front-row seat. :cheer:

Some very nice plants there indeed. They chug along quite nice! :thumb: Mine are quite stretchy under my single 100W chip light but it has been moved closer, so time will tell. I think it lacks in the blue spectrum. Man if only my cat can fetch, that would be awesome! Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

Since this is my first time using LED I have been watching closely to see if my lights are too far away by watching for stretch. There hasn't been much at all so I am assuming that means the lights are working well and the distance is good. I will be popping over to your journal as well to see your update shortly.

About the cats playing fetch...to be honest it is a blessing and a curse. It's adorable and fun when you want to play. It gets really old when cats are dropping pom poms and mice on you all the time demanding you toss them, regardless of what you're already in the middle of though. :laughtwo:

Today is a busy day with a lot going on. I'm gonna drop this update real quick before I get sucked back into other stuff.

Photos - Day 26
These ladies are looking good. I'm probably going to top them tomorrow.

Special Queen #1
20161021_SQ.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (1)
20161021_SH1.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (2)
20161021_SH2.jpg

Autos

Quick One - Day 8
2016-10-21_10_52_41.jpg

Bubble Gum - Day 9
2016-10-21_BG.jpg

Dark Devil (1) - Day 9
20161021_DD1.jpg

Dark Devil (2) - Day 7
20161021_DD2.jpg

:love: Everyone have a great day! :love:

Your plants are looking awesome! I think your Quick One is out pacing mine. I put it in one of those air pots and now its stuck under the 'loft' in the veg closet. I cant get it out without dismantling everything...though Im thinking of up-potting most of the babies this weekend while my son is working the middle school cross country meet. That would bring the loft down..

DSCF57342.JPG

:peacetwo:

Whoa!! what an explosion of growth...Could it be because Im back now.. :laughtwo: Ladies are really starting to come along Fuzz. Keep it up.

I'm sure it must be because you're back! What else could possibly explain it? :) :hug:

They look so pretty! :)

Thank you, but today I mutilated them by topping. They're not quite so pretty now. :confused:

Your plants are looking awesome! I think your Quick One is out pacing mine. I put it in one of those air pots and now its stuck under the 'loft' in the veg closet. I cant get it out without dismantling everything...though Im thinking of up-potting most of the babies this weekend while my son is working the middle school cross country meet. That would bring the loft down..

DSCF57342.JPG

:peacetwo:

She looks healthy. Maybe she's just not getting as much light in the back.

Good luck to your son in his meet!

hi fuzz :hug: lovely nest babies are looking good :goodjob: and some more hugs :hug:

Hey Birdy! Thank you! :hug::love::hug:

Now for today's update. There have been issues. When topping the photo plants this morning I noticed the color in their top leaves was fading some between the veins. I find it hard to believe the amended soil is lacking micro nutrients already. I also noticed a spot or two on the leaves that looked like pH issues. Joy. Thank goodness I'm using fabric pots so I can't overwater these ladies too bad. I scooped up some water from my fish tank and added a tablespoon of unsulfured molasses (which brings the pH down to around 6.5). Now we wait and see if things improve. I'm a bit irritated at possibly having to adjust the pH because I thought my mad scientist days were over with organic soil. Apparently not so.

Photos - Day 27
These ladies were topped today. They were all working on their 6th node. I topped the Special Queen and CBD Skunk Haze (1) at just above the 4th node and Skunk Haze (2) above the 5th node. This is higher than most people do for mainlining but the internodal distance between these babies is very, very short, and I don't want to train the plant so short I can't get under it to water or check things so I topped higher. I then stripped off everything except the top two nodes. I'll let the bottom nodes grow out until they are large enough to take clones and then remove them. I tucked all the cut leaves below the mulch to decompose.

Special Queen #1 - Before
20161022_SQb.jpg

Special Queen #1 - After
20161022_SQa.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (1) - Before
20161022_SH1b.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (1) - After
20161022_SH1a.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (2) - Before. Her growth under the T5 is not quite as vigorous as the SH under LED.
20161022_SH2b.jpg

CBD Skunk Haze (2) - After. I am mildly concerned I sort of fimmed her. We'll see.
20161022_SH2a.jpg

Autos
These ladies don't look bad so I'll adjust their pH next time they need watered.

Quick One - Day 9
2016-10-22_QO.jpg

Bubble Gum - Day 10
2016-10-22_BG.jpg

Dark Devil (1) - Day 10
20161022_DD1.jpg

Dark Devil (2) - Day 8
20161022_DD2.jpg

That is all for now. Fingers crossed everything works out.

And a big :hug: Back to you. :circle-of-love:.. Your doing a great job Fuzz. Girls are looking lovely. How many tops are you manifolding for. ( I say manifold because its the same with different name. The name wasnt changed because the tech is different. It was changed because Mainlining is also a term for people shooting up dope) I could be wrong on that but Im pretty sure thats the reason Nebula changed the name. ANYWAY.... Are you shooting for 8?
As far as PH is concerned Fuzz. Once again I repeat.....Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am NO expert and not even close. I am a noob who likes to try to help....But if your growing organic....And start with a good Organic soil that is a good PH. You dont really have to worry about your ph because the benifitials that are feeding your plant will regulate the ph for you. there are tiny organisms in the soil that break down nutrients and "feed" them directly to your roots. When you enlist the microorganisms to do the work of making nutrients available to the roots, pH management stops being something you have to do! I Never PH my water. Now there are exceptions. And if you DO need to PH your water. Make sure you do it like you have been. Using only organic methods. I bought that ph up down and tester from amazon. Then found out its harmful to the benifitials. So I never use it. But I also use Earth Juice. And Its really weird on PH. When you first mix it. The ph drops to like 4. No kidding. And they say you can use it just like that. But if you bubble it for 24 to 48 hrs. The PH will go up. Iv had it go all the way from 4 to 7+ in 24 hrs. So it would be just to confusing and risky to try to adjust it. I just try to catch it after about 24 hrs or less when its about 6.5 - 6.8 But in research from all that , I seen alot of articles saying when growing organic. Its not a concern. Just a thought.

Off to a great start man. Them babies are growing fast!!

:goodjob:

Thank you!

And a big :hug: Back to you. :circle-of-love:.. Your doing a great job Fuzz. Girls are looking lovely. How many tops are you manifolding for. ( I say manifold because its the same with different name. The name wasnt changed because the tech is different. It was changed because Mainlining is also a term for people shooting up dope) I could be wrong on that but Im pretty sure thats the reason Nebula changed the name. ANYWAY.... Are you shooting for 8?
As far as PH is concerned Fuzz. Once again I repeat.....Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am NO expert and not even close. I am a noob who likes to try to help....But if your growing organic....And start with a good Organic soil that is a good PH. You dont really have to worry about your ph because the benifitials that are feeding your plant will regulate the ph for you. there are tiny organisms in the soil that break down nutrients and "feed" them directly to your roots. When you enlist the microorganisms to do the work of making nutrients available to the roots, pH management stops being something you have to do! I Never PH my water. Now there are exceptions. And if you DO need to PH your water. Make sure you do it like you have been. Using only organic methods. I bought that ph up down and tester from amazon. Then found out its harmful to the benifitials. So I never use it. But I also use Earth Juice. And Its really weird on PH. When you first mix it. The ph drops to like 4. No kidding. And they say you can use it just like that. But if you bubble it for 24 to 48 hrs. The PH will go up. Iv had it go all the way from 4 to 7+ in 24 hrs. So it would be just to confusing and risky to try to adjust it. I just try to catch it after about 24 hrs or less when its about 6.5 - 6.8 But in research from all that , I seen alot of articles saying when growing organic. Its not a concern. Just a thought.

Thanks. :battingeyelashes: In my mind, mainlining differs from manifolding in the manner and timing in which the pruning is done. They are similar but different enough that I feel different names are appropriate. I'd be happy to change the name mainlining to something else, but to me it's not quite the same as manifolding - though extremely close. I'm only going to mainline for 8 colas because I also believe there may be a decent number of secondary branches from the Skunk Hazes to deal with. I'm not as certain what to expect from Special Queen so I'll play it safe and only prune for 8 with her as well.

I hear what you're saying about the pH and have read the same things but I'm not entirely certain my soil is playing by the same rules since I replaced the peat moss with coconut coir, and as a result, I skipped lime. It may also be that my soil mix is just not established enough yet. If I see any negative reactions to lowering the pH I will certainly not do it again, but I'd like to see if it helps.

I have a confession to make. The molasses I used was not organic. :shhh: Technically, I just blew my organic qualification, but it's what I had on hand. Such is life.

well, any molasses is good for the plant. little harm done. I had to add sulfur to my grow when pests were having a party ..

Shhhh! Don't say "pests" on my thread without knocking on wood. :wood: I'm becoming increasingly paranoid that I've gotten off way too easy over the years and any day now mites or something are going to throw some kind of crazy rave in my closets. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom