GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

GDB I use a VICE to break them ( Very Hard Outer shell ) so I figure they have to be missing some teeth OH Never mind Grow On !! 🌴
Smoke, if you want to know for sure, I'll tell you what you can do.

Gather all the squirrels together one day (and make sure you have your camera ready).

Tell them, "Hey guys, it's getting so hot out here soon you may have to put your nuts on ice."

When they all laugh, snap a pic! 📸

Hello all.

Its Day 40 for the Phase II girls.

This is the day I was planning to flip them but they ain't ready (and neither am I). I'm going let them veg until Day 50.

I did a little more training on them yesterday and this morning trying to get them better set up for flip, 10 days hence.

NT P2 5-10-24 D40.jpg

That top branch that I snapped on the Fat Kids Cake#1 (right) surprised me and did not heal. I had to completely remove it. I don't think I'll notice it's absence much, further down the road.

The Godberry (middle) refuses to get any taller. She works in mysterious ways. :)

So nice to have a 2-light set-up. The rear one is set lower to accommodate the shorty.
NT P2 5-10-24 D40 lite hgts.jpg

-------------------------

Thanks for taking a look.

PEACE

Hello all.

Its Day 40 for the Phase II girls.

This is the day I was planning to flip them but they ain't ready (and neither am I). I'm going let them veg until Day 50.

I did a little more training on them yesterday and this morning trying to get them better set up for flip, 10 days hence.

NT P2 5-10-24 D40.jpg

That top branch that I snapped on the Fat Kids Cake#1 (right) surprised me and did not heal. I had to completely remove it. I don't think I'll notice it's absence much, further down the road.

The Godberry (middle) refuses to get any taller. She works in mysterious ways. :)

So nice to have a 2-light set-up. The rear one is set lower to accommodate the shorty.
NT P2 5-10-24 D40 lite hgts.jpg

-------------------------

Thanks for taking a look.

PEACE
Looking good GDB, one limb missing & more focused energy elsewhere

Smoke, if you want to know for sure, I'll tell you what you can do.

Gather all the squirrels together one day (and make sure you have your camera ready).

Tell them, "Hey guys, it's getting so hot out here soon you may have to put your nuts on ice."

When they all laugh, snap a pic! 📸
Iced squirrel nuts????I am on the right site,right or did I stumble in something weird?? NOW Im afraid! 😳

Iced squirrel nuts????I am on the right site,right or did I stumble in something weird?? NOW Im afraid! 😳
That's @SmokeBetter up to his usual trick of getting me off-topic! No need to be afraid SOG, unless you're a little squirrely. :)

Hello again gang.

I'm back with the latest on the New Trick group on their Flip 40. Around this time is when I begin thinking I'm half-way there!

Except for the calmag issue with the Lemon Bubble, things are going fairly well. The LB shows no sign of improvement (yet) from her daily doses of calmag via top-feed. In fact, her leaves seem to have gotten worse looking over the past few days.
LB 5-9-24 F39 leaves worse.jpg

LB 5-9-240F39 mag def.jpg

I remain optimistic that she's gonna get better, and with good reason I believe:

The Lemon Bubble has always been a drinker, pretty much keeping pace with the thirsty Hash Lover. But LB's pot was always kind of heavy when I checked her 24 hours after she had been fed. Even when her res was dry or nearly dry, her pot was heavy. (The HL's pot was always kinda' light, much lighter than LB's.) In hindsight, I believe that heavy pot was a warning -- one that I didn't pick up on.

But when I checked the LB today, her pot was as light as could be! That hasn't happened in a while and I think it's a sign that something has changed for the better. That is my hope, anyway.

-----------------------------

I leave a lot of big fan leaves at the bottoms of my plants even after I've stripped away all of the lower flowering sites. I always hope that they'll continue to suck up light and feed the plant. Then if all goes the plant will eventually suck those leaves dry and discard them when she is ready to.

Sometimes it actually works out, like on this Hash Lover:
HL 5-10-24 F40 lower eaten.jpg

When I see that happen it leads me to believe that the decision to leave her in place on was sound because the plant put her to good use. Despite how she looks I can't just pluck that yellow leaf off yet. She still being held firmly so the plant must be still using it. But by tomorrow it will have fallen off or I'll be able to blow it off!

Here's the trio back in the tent.
NY 5-10-24 F40 tent.jpg

------------------------------

That's it for me.

Always nice being visited by you and you.

PEACE

Glad the
Hello again gang.

I'm back with the latest on the New Trick group on their Flip 40. Around this time is when I begin thinking I'm half-way there!

Except for the calmag issue with the Lemon Bubble, things are going fairly well. The LB shows no sign of improvement (yet) from her daily doses of calmag via top-feed. In fact, her leaves seem to have gotten worse looking over the past few days.

I remain optimistic that she's gonna get better, and with good reason I believe:

The Lemon Bubble has always been a drinker, pretty much keeping pace with the thirsty Hash Lover. But LB's pot was always kind of heavy when I checked her 24 hours after she had been fed. Even when her res was dry or nearly dry, her pot was heavy. (The HL's pot was always kinda' light, much lighter than LB's.) In hindsight, I believe that heavy pot was a warning -- one that I didn't pick up on.

But when I checked the LB today, her pot was as light as could be! That hasn't happened in a while and I think it's a sign that something has changed for the better. That is my hope, anyway.

I leave a lot of big fan leaves at the bottoms of my plants even after I've stripped away all of the lower flowering sites. I always hope that they'll continue to suck up light and feed the plant. Then if all goes the plant will eventually suck those leaves dry and discard them when she is ready to.

When I see that happen it leads me to believe that the decision to leave her in place on was sound because the plant put her to good use. Despite how she looks I can't just pluck that yellow leaf off yet. She still being held firmly so the plant must be still using it. But by tomorrow it will have fallen off or I'll be able to blow it off!

NY 5-10-24 F40 tent.jpg

That's it for me.

PEACE
Glad the LB is starting to drink properly is that the one you swapped out the wicks on? they all are looking good

That's @SmokeBetter up to his usual trick of getting me off-topic! No need to be afraid SOG, unless you're a little squirrely. :)

Been called alot of things asshole,jerk,fuckhead,late for dinner but never squirrrley 🤣
Hello again gang.

NY 5-10-24 F40 tent.jpg

That's it for me.

PEACE
Looking good! Maybe trying a good ph'd water only flush or 2 10% on the one might be the ticket GDB

Looking good GDB, one limb missing & more focused energy elsewhere
Thanks con. Yeah, that limb was one for the team!

Damn, they look good- and the Lemon Bubble looks fine from a few feet away!
That's an odd problem she's got..would epsom salt help with that?
I leave a lot of big fan leaves at the bottoms of my plants even after I've stripped away all of the lower flowering sites.
I left them all on on the CK- I saw you were leaving them on, and it sounded like a good idea..
they're not really in anything's way down there.
Nice!
Like Mother nature intended....

Highya GDB,

Those yellow leaves remind me of the way they mature in the fall as the plant starts using up the big fan leaves for nutrients. Big storehouse apparently! I don't take any fans off just for that reason!
Your ladies look very green and happy. On the red petioles, I think it means a shortage of phosphorus, unless the red petiole thing is a genetic trait. Not sure where the line is there. Hope you have a nice weekend! Happy Smokin'

Glad the

Glad the LB is starting to drink properly is that the one you swapped out the wicks on? they all are looking good
Thanks con. That was Blue Cindy that got new wick lines. She's doing better too!

Been called alot of things asshole,jerk,fuckhead,late for dinner but never squirrrley 🤣

Looking good! Maybe trying a good ph'd water only flush or 2 10% on the one might be the ticket GDB
Thanks...uhhh...(which name do I want to use?) 😁

They look great and LB is drinking so I would say that's a good thing. She is on her way to better. 🍋
I hope so Keith. I hate to see them ailing.

Damn, they look good- and the Lemon Bubble looks fine from a few feet away!
That's an odd problem she's got..would epsom salt help with that?

I left them all on on the CK- I saw you were leaving them on, and it sounded like a good idea..
they're not really in anything's way down there.
Nice!
Like Mother nature intended....
Thanks Carcass

I guess it's possible that epsom salt might help. I think the real issue is the fact that I was never allowing her pot get anywhere near dry. (That's the short version. There is more nuance to why I never allowed her to get dry.) That can lead to a phosphorous lock-out and, as Bode indicated earlier this could be a phosphorous deficiency.

I really bought into the notion, expressed by some here on 420, that coco should never be allowed to dry out. That may be true. But now I think it should be allowed to get "drier" than I was allowing, even if not completely dry.

So that's what I'm going to try first. I'm going to start watering less.

Yeah on the lower fans, just like Mother Nature intended -- a healthy looking, dead yellow leaf! :)

Highya GDB,

Those yellow leaves remind me of the way they mature in the fall as the plant starts using up the big fan leaves for nutrients. Big storehouse apparently! I don't take any fans off just for that reason!
Your ladies look very green and happy. On the red petioles, I think it means a shortage of phosphorus, unless the red petiole thing is a genetic trait. Not sure where the line is there. Hope you have a nice weekend! Happy Smokin'
Thanks Bode.

I agree that it could be phosphorous. I'm thinking of approaching it from that angle.

Thanks Carcass

I guess it's possible that epsom salt might help. I think the real issue is the fact that I was never allowing her pot get anywhere near dry. (That's the short version. There is more nuance to why I never allowed her to get dry.) That can lead to a phosphorous lock-out and, as Bode indicated earlier this could be a phosphorous deficiency.

I really bought into the notion, expressed by some here on 420, that coco should never be allowed to dry out. That may be true. But now I think it should be allowed to get "drier" than I was allowing, even if not completely dry.

So that's what I'm going to try first. I'm going to start watering less.

Yeah on the lower fans, just like Mother Nature intended -- a healthy looking, dead yellow leaf! :)

How often do you water and how much? I water once a day about a hour after lights on. 5gal takes about a gallon, 3gal 3qts. I do water by hand until drain so those are approximate. PH is very important in coco coir. :passitleft: :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom