What's a Swempy?

Still plugging along...

Northern Lights
Day 21

Mimosa
Day 21

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 16

Pulling up a seat…looking to try hempy soon!
Welcome!
It takes a bit of getting used to, especially coming from soil, but the speed at which they grow is really something else!
This one isn't really a hempy grow though. I'm looking at ways to adapt a hempy grow to my outdoor environment here, so I might be starting another seed in a couple of months for a true hempy.

What’s a swempy? Maybe I missed it. What’s your method?
I was too lazy to go get some solo cups to make mimi-hempies, so I decided to make perlite wicks for them.
It didn't really work, so I modified a design from another member making a wick from a strip cut from a fabric pot the local squirrels had wrecked.
It worked a bit too well for how small the plants are, so currently I'm top watering like a hempy, with the runoff soaking the wick and a little bit running down into the res.
I only have to do that every other day for now.
As soon as I have clones cut from these 3 I'll flip them to flower.

Northern Lights is still a bit droopy, but otherwise things look to be going fairly well.
I've moved them down to the big tent, and moved the Aerolight on that side down so the circulation fan is just ruffling their leaves.
I've connected the @VIVOSUN app to the GrowHub, so I'll have access to weekly condition charts if that's something you're interested in. Let me know and I'll start including them.

Northern Lights
Day 22

Mimosa
Day 22
Something about her is reminding me of Zkittlez. I think it would be fun to grow a Mimosa and a Zkittlez side by side.

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 17

Thanks for stopping by!

Mimosa was thirsty, Godzilla Glue #4 was okay, and Northern Lights was recovering.
I'm planning on cutting the wick up so there are 3 separate wicks. That will allow me to rearrange things a bit without ripping roots off, and deal with the fact that NL doesn't need as much water as the others.

Northern Lights
Day 23

Mimosa
Day 23

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 18

Thanks for stopping in!

Northern Lights is still a bit droopy, but otherwise things look to be going fairly well.
I've moved them down to the big tent, and moved the Aerolight on that side down so the circulation fan is just ruffling their leaves.
I've connected the @VIVOSUN app to the GrowHub, so I'll have access to weekly condition charts if that's something you're interested in. Let me know and I'll start including them.

Northern Lights
Day 22

Mimosa
Day 22
Something about her is reminding me of Zkittlez. I think it would be fun to grow a Mimosa and a Zkittlez side by side.

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 17

Thanks for stopping by!
Very NICE. :thumb: 🍋

I haven't gotten around to changing the wick yet.
Priorities.

Northern Lights
Day 24

Mimosa
Day 24

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 19

Thanks Keith!
The Mimosa looks happier today its not drooping as before same with the rest of the group, nice

The Mimosa looks happier today its not drooping as before same with the rest of the group, nice
Thanks con!
They don’t look like the happiest plants you’ve ever grown.
They're not. I really didn't approach this one properly (for me), and it's showing.
The reasons behind it are fairly important though.
I needed to figure out how different the new batch of MC is from my older bag, especially its strength. Now I know that I can use half as much as the bag, as the bag had absorbed too much moisture.
Getting clones going so I don't have a fiasco of a start to the outdoor journal like last year is another reason.
I did debate whether or not to journal this one, but I decided to be transparent about what I was doing, and to put this up no matter how it turns out.
I want to get back to the attitude I had when I really enjoyed growing, and this is helping me sort out how to get there.
It's a little bumpy, but we're getting there.

Thanks con!

They're not. I really didn't approach this one properly (for me), and it's showing.
The reasons behind it are fairly important though.
I needed to figure out how different the new batch of MC is from my older bag, especially its strength. Now I know that I can use half as much as the bag, as the bag had absorbed too much moisture.
Getting clones going so I don't have a fiasco of a start to the outdoor journal like last year is another reason.
I did debate whether or not to journal this one, but I decided to be transparent about what I was doing, and to put this up no matter how it turns out.
I want to get back to the attitude I had when I really enjoyed growing, and this is helping me sort out how to get there.
It's a little bumpy, but we're getting there.
have you tried putting in a desicant pack in your nute package when you first open it? should help absorb moisture & keep it from degrading

I'm taking a jar at a time out of the new bag, and leaving it closed the rest of the time. It was a few years old, so it did take a while to become a problem.
I'll be using the rest of the old bag for my peppers.

Leave it to you to remix an oxymoronic combination of laziness and ingenuity to come up with this....looking forward to following along and seeing the cloning and flowering process you talked about. Always a pleasure being in your journals, Mel

I'm thinking maybe it's time for plan C.

Northern Lights
Day 28

Mimosa
Day 28

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 23

They look nice Mel. 🍋 :lot-o-toke:
Thanks Keith, but I think this one was a mistake.
Leave it to you to remix an oxymoronic combination of laziness and ingenuity to come up with this....looking forward to following along and seeing the cloning and flowering process you talked about. Always a pleasure being in your journals, Mel
Welcome Krissi!
I'll give it a few more days, as both Northern Lights and Mimosa have reached 6 nodes, and Godzilla Glue #4 is on node 5, so we're getting close to the point where I can consider cloning them.
I do wish I had gone for a more traditional hempy style start.

I'm thinking maybe it's time for plan C.

Northern Lights
Day 28

Mimosa
Day 28

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 23

Thanks Keith, but I think this one was a mistake.

Welcome Krissi!
I'll give it a few more days, as both Northern Lights and Mimosa have reached 6 nodes, and Godzilla Glue #4 is on node 5, so we're getting close to the point where I can consider cloning them.
I do wish I had gone for a more traditional hempy style start.
they do look a bit sad are they getting to much water or missing some sort of mineral/food

Back
Top Bottom