What's a Swempy?

Sorry about the Lemon Kush but pretty much everyone loves the GG4! Is Godzilla Glue the same as Gorilla Glue though?
Similar.
When I looked up the lineage of Gorilla Glue #4 it said Sour Dubble, Chocolate Diesel, and Chem’s Sister.
As I understand it, Sour Dubble is really close to Sour Diesel.
So it should be pretty similar. I also have a freebie Gorilla Glue #4 seed that I'll be growing out, so I'll be able to compare them.
Maybe I'll grow them side by side indoors sometime!

Similar.
When I looked up the lineage of Gorilla Glue #4 it said Sour Dubble, Chocolate Diesel, and Chem’s Sister.
As I understand it, Sour Dubble is really close to Sour Diesel.
So it should be pretty similar. I also have a freebie Gorilla Glue #4 seed that I'll be growing out, so I'll be able to compare them.
Maybe I'll grow them side by side indoors sometime!
That's going to be some great flowers MH..love some GG4.

Day 4
I've started giving them diluted MC v2, currently at 50% strength.
No sign of GG#4 yet, but I didn't really expect there to be.

Northern Lights

Mimosa

That's going to be some great flowers MH..love some GG4.
Can you believe I've never had Gorilla Glue before?
Closest I've had is Glookies.

Day 4
I've started giving them diluted MC v2, currently at 50% strength.
No sign of GG#4 yet, but I didn't really expect there to be.

Northern Lights

Mimosa

Can you believe I've never had Gorilla Glue before?
Closest I've had is Glookies.
You're going to love it. One of my favorites for sure bro:high-five:

I'm glad you (didn't) ask!
I'm trying out a bit of an unholy cross of a swick and a hempy!
I had some trouble getting a couple of strains started over the last year or so. I've deciced to retry two of them, and a new strain I've been looking forward to trying, started in perlite, which has been working surprisingly well so far.
I'm intending to clone them into soil for the upcoming outdoor season.
They're my last two seeds of those strains, but I'm getting this going now to give me enough time to get started on a plan B if it doesn't work.
After cutting the clones I'll be flowering out the bottoms.
First up are...
Lemon Kush
Feminised photoperiod
Indica Dominant
Chemdawg x Lemon Thai x Pakistani Kush THC: 18 - 26%
CBD: 0.5%
Flowering: 55 days
Effect: Physical relaxation, cerebral stimulation
Taste: Lemon, kush, spicy

Northern Lights
Feminised photoperiod
80% indica/20% sativa
Afghani x Thai
THC: 18%
CBD: 0%
Flowering: 9 weeks
Effect: Sleepy, hungry, relaxed
Taste: Pine, spicy, earthy

And the third seed is from @The Seed Fair
It's one I've never tried before.

Mimosa
Feminised photoperiod
70% indica/30% sativa
Clementine x Purple Punch
THC: 27%
CBD: 0%
Flowering: 9 weeks
Effect: Euphoric, focussed, giggly
Taste: Citrus, berry, sweet, woody

These girls will be grown under the @ViparSpectra XS2000, in a 2x4 tent with a @VIVOSUN 10cm Aerozesh G4, controlled by an E42A GrowHub. I'll be using MC for nutrients.
Anyone is welcome, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
:dude-knocking:

Hi Mel - I love NL so I have 3 on the go atm, about 4 weeks
I've topped 2 at node 3, but left 1 to see how she grows au naturel
I may LST/quad one of the topped plants and not the other, so we''ll see 3 methods side-by-side
I'll update the journal later so you can see the difference FYI

We have a new sprout!

Northern Lights
Day 5

Mimosa

Godzilla Glue #4
I'm not sure about calling this day 1. I may wait until she has true leaves spreading.

You're going to love it. One of my favorites for sure bro:high-five:
I'm hearing good things!
Hi con!
Come right on in!
Hi Mel - I love NL so I have 3 on the go atm, about 4 weeks
I've topped 2 at node 3, but left 1 to see how she grows au naturel
I may LST/quad one of the topped plants and not the other, so we''ll see 3 methods side-by-side
I'll update the journal later so you can see the difference FYI
I'll be watching!

I'm going to count today as day 1 for Godzilla Glue #4. Yesterday was kinda jumping the gun.
They're all getting trickles of MC to lead their roots towards the res.
The older 2 are getting early veg strength of 1g/litre, and the little monster is getting a diluted dose for now.

Northern Lights
Day 6

Mimosa
Day 6
Autofocus strikes again, lol.

Godzilla Glue #4
Day 1

Looks like three healthy plants! And since you said it was okay to ask, I do have three questions related to the setup. From the first pic, it looks like you have a bucket of perlite sitting in a tray of perlite.

• Is the there a bottom on those buckets?
  • If not, are there holes along the bottom to allow water to travel from tray to bucket?
  • Do you imagine some advantage to moving the res outside the bucket over traditional hempy?
Thanks in advance!

Lovely little ones. 🍋
Thanks Keith!
Looks like three healthy plants!
Thanks Shed!
From the first pic, it looks like you have a bucket of perlite sitting in a tray of perlite.

• Is the there a bottom on those buckets?
  • If not, are there holes along the bottom to allow water to travel from tray to bucket?
  • Do you imagine some advantage to moving the res outside the bucket over traditional hempy?
They're 710ml seedling pots, and they're sitting on/in 2cm deep makeshift saucers of perlite.
So, in order, yes, yes, and not really.
I didn't really want to go get solo cups, so I decided to try a swick type setup.
I don't intend to uppot them as I really wanted to test out germination of difficult seeds, as a sort of personal confirmation of my observation that seeds seem to pop and sprout more easily and faster in perlite.
If they did pop and get started they're strains I want to grow outdoors, so that's where the plan to clone them into soil comes in, as they were the last seeds of those strains from a couple of Herbies orders.
I'm intending to let them get to 5 or 6 nodes, take the tops as clones, and shift the bottoms straight to flower.
If the clones don't take I'll have enough time to pop some seeds in jiffy pods for the summer. That said, I'm now 5 for 5 in my last attempts to clone tops, so I may have some large plants to go outside by may.

Thanks Mel! Are you planning on transplanting them or taking the cuttings while they're still in their current homes? And how long before you think you'll just be bottom watering?
No transplanting, I'll be taking the clones while they're in their current, and permanent, homes.
The roots take about a week to get down that far based on my last two grows, so they should get down there any day now.
It should be pretty obvious when that happens, but I'm in no rush.
As soon as that happens I'll try bottom watering.

I modified the swempies, and I may have to ask the mods to change the name of the journal.
I added a piece of fabric under the pots, and placed them in another pot.
I did this because the makeshift saucers under them were overflowing, but the plants needed water. It was getting messy, and the perlite was being washed out of the saucers.
I didn't want to take the chance of it being washed out of the pots as well.
So the question is, do I make a different kind of wick to stand them on, or do I do this MicroGrowerMan style, and just water to minimal runoff every day, and let them wick it back up?
I'm leaning towards making a different wick.

Northern Lights

Mimosa

Godzilla Glue #4
Looks like she's going to turn purple in flower.

Back
Top Bottom