GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

Hello all.

Its Day 40 for the Phase II girls.

This is the day I was planning to flip them but they ain't ready (and neither am I). I'm going let them veg until Day 50.

I did a little more training on them yesterday and this morning trying to get them better set up for flip, 10 days hence.

NT P2 5-10-24 D40.jpg

That top branch that I snapped on the Fat Kids Cake#1 (right) surprised me and did not heal. I had to completely remove it. I don't think I'll notice it's absence much, further down the road.

The Godberry (middle) refuses to get any taller. She works in mysterious ways. :)

So nice to have a 2-light set-up. The rear one is set lower to accommodate the shorty.
NT P2 5-10-24 D40 lite hgts.jpg

-------------------------

Thanks for taking a look.

PEACE
WooHoo!

Do you think the middle plant would perform better if you centered her directly under the light like the others?

How often do you water and how much? I water once a day about a hour after lights on. 5gal takes about a gallon, 3gal 3qts. I do water by hand until drain so those are approximate. PH is very important in coco coir. :passitleft: :smokin:
I'm in 3 gallon pots Kaw and I water pretty much everyday, lately about a gallon for each plant. But I'm growing on swick bases. If was just using fabric pots and no swicks, at this stage I'd be watering daily to run-off. I doubt that each plant would take a gallon a day to get to run-off. Then again, maybe they would. This being my first coco grow, I'm not certain.

WooHoo!

Do you think the middle plant would perform better if you centered her directly under the light like the others?
I kind of doubt it MedSci. She's short by nature, been that way from day 1. I've been monitoring DLI this grow, and she is getting more than enough light.

I don't think that gap between the lights matters much. These @ViparSpectra lights are the truth and their coverage is top-notch.

Thanks for weighing in! :)

I'm in 3 gallon pots Kaw and I water pretty much everyday, lately about a gallon for each plant. But I'm growing on swick bases. If was just using fabric pots and no swicks, at this stage I'd be watering daily to run-off. I doubt that each plant would take a gallon a day to get to run-off. Then again, maybe they would. This being my first coco grow, I'm not certain.

I have no idea what swick is and will do some reading on it. In my 3gal fabric it gets 3qtr.
That's what's Kool here everyone has their own method.
Every day is a good day to be alive...

Great looking flower brother, looks like there holding some weight 💪 Hash Lover is loaded with white pistils she just getting started! She was supposed to be the fastest flowering 😁 Looking forward to the next few weeks.

As for the leaves it's funny how it's just the one lady? @seaofgreen18 is probably on the right path with flushing but with tap water high PH untill run off PH is in range but can only be confirmed with checking PH at the roots.

For me consistently checking run off it became evident that from week 3ish flower plants pick up the process of excretion and if not kept on top of it really pushed the PH down by week 5/6 but I'm surprised it's not HL showing signs first being the fastest flower.

Did your plants get any Mycorrhizae at any point? I'd be interested to know if topdressing some bokashi bran at this stage helps at all too.

I use the same calmag as you and I was feeding at 1.5ml/L which noticeably slowed the necrosis down and 2.0 stopped it.

But besides all of that whatever happens your end flower is going to be 🔥 💯 👊✌️

Hello all.

I've just got a quick update on the Phase II plants on their Day 41.

They've bounced back from my recent mild training sessions with them. Now I think they look more like "flippable" plants, just very small ones! :)

NT P2 5-11-24 D41 above.jpg

I had planned to flip these on their Day 40, just like the Phase I girls. But they need a little bit more meat on their bones, IMO.

Their small size is not the only reason I'm taking these past day 40. I've also been slow-walking the feed on these plants. I'm using the GH Maxi products for the first time and I'm being cautious until I get a feel for how the plants react to them.

The nutes feed schedule is broken into three different schedules, an "Aggressive Feed", a "Medium Feed" and a "Light Feed" schedule. I'm using the medium schedule. It calls for 2g or MaxiGro for "early" veg and 4.5g for "late" veg, along with 2g of CALiMAGi with both.

Up until this morning I had only given the plants the early veg dose. Today I fed them all to run-off with the late veg dose. Since I'm just starting the increased dosage it makes sense to me to give the plants some time to respond. And I want to see what happens too! :Rasta:

So yesterday I said I was going to flip these on their Day 50. Well, COP. Now I'm saying I will flip them by their Day 60.
(COP = Change of Plans)

NT P2 5-11-24 D41 tent lbls.jpg

-----------------------------------

That's all for me.

Thanks for stopping by. Have yourself a zooted weekend! :ganjamon:

PEACE

Just gorgeous!

Good morning all and Happy Sunday!

It's Flip 42 for the New Trick girls. I was sitting in front to the tent this morning at 1am when the light went out so I decided to take a pic.
NT 5-12-24 F42 lites out.jpg

I took the front two plants off of their risers yesterday. Somehow, the plants are now all about the same height. 🧐

-----------------------------

Happy Mothers Day ladies!

Hello all.

Its Day 40 for the Phase II girls.

This is the day I was planning to flip them but they ain't ready (and neither am I). I'm going let them veg until Day 50.

I did a little more training on them yesterday and this morning trying to get them better set up for flip, 10 days hence.

NT P2 5-10-24 D40.jpg

That top branch that I snapped on the Fat Kids Cake#1 (right) surprised me and did not heal. I had to completely remove it. I don't think I'll notice it's absence much, further down the road.

The Godberry (middle) refuses to get any taller. She works in mysterious ways. :)

So nice to have a 2-light set-up. The rear one is set lower to accommodate the shorty.
NT P2 5-10-24 D40 lite hgts.jpg

-------------------------

Thanks for taking a look.

PEACE
Nice lights GDB. Im running one of those in my 2x4.

I'm liking your take it slow approach with the nutes and the plants are liking it too! And changing plans is standard operating procedure. :)
Thanks Shed. SOP. So true. It's almost like we plan to change plans! :)

The Ladies are Looking Great!! Good piece of mind with the changes too .
Thanks Smoke. I'm resisting the urge to "plan" my next COP because that's really not the way its supposed to work! 😁

Back
Top Bottom