GDB: Old Dog -- New Tricks

She did Keith -- and loved every minute of it!
And she'll remind you of it every chance she gets ....if she words it like Mrs.C., she'll say something like:

"Remember that time you were stupid, and I was right?" šŸ˜

Detective Magoo

I feel like such an idiot. But what good is that unless you can share why with friends.

Now I will admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, my elevator still does go to the top floor. Sometimes when it gets there, the door get stuck and won't open. And then the Fire Department has to come and pry it open. But at least it reaches the top floor! :)

I've been in communication with @Herbies Seeds regarding my GJOTY prize. A few weeks back they wrote me asking if I had received the package and I told them I had not. I also told them that I had not received any tracking number or other indication that the seeds had been sent and were on the way. Without hesitation they asked me for a different shipping address they could use in order to resend the prize package.

Fast forward to about a week later and the package arrived at the second address.

I got it home and opened it and there was, let's call it an "electronic gizmo", inside the package and nothing else. (Mrs. GDB was sitting in the room with me as I opened it. Oh my. :straightface:)

I told the Mrs. this is the same stupid package I received several weeks ago, with nothing inside but that same gizmo. When the first package had arrived she was also in on it. She told me at that time, it must be inside the gizmo. I said, that was not likely, I doubt that any company would go that far in using stealth shipping methods. At the time, I had know idea that the first package had been sent from Herbies (again, no tracking number had been provided - and one usually is provided when items are shipped).

So now I've got two of these gizmos. Again, Mrs. GDB says it must be inside the gizmo. And again, I blew her off.

I write Herbies and tell them about what I got from them and asking what the problem might be. They write me back happy that I'd received the package and telling me to open the gizmo where I will find the seeds hidden inside. I foolishly read this message out loud to the Mrs. She jumps from her chair, throws her hands in the air and starts laughing like a hyena. "I told you! I told you, but you wouldn't listen!"

She absolutely lives for moments like this. :straightface:

I remove the 2 microscopic-sized screws from one of the gizmos and pry it open. The seeds are in plastic bags taped inside the gizmos. The bags are labeled "1" and "2."

I write Herbies again, apologizing and letting them know that I got both shipments. I asked if they could tell me which seeds I was sent. They said #1 are Apple Bettys and #2 are Grandmommy Purples.

Yes and Yes! :yahoo:

Det. Magoo has solved another one!

Much thanks to @Herbies Seeds, which, IMO, has taken stealth to a whole new level. Serious kudos to you for your generosity (they let me keep all the seeds) and patience! :thanks:
Haha, what a rollercoaster of a story! It sounds like Mrs. GDB's intuition is unbeatable ā€“ she's got those Sherlock Holmes vibes for sure! šŸ•µļøā€ā™‚ļø Happy growing šŸŒ±

Detective Magoo

I feel like such an idiot. But what good is that unless you can share why with friends.

Now I will admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, my elevator still does go to the top floor. Sometimes when it gets there, the door get stuck and won't open. And then the Fire Department has to come and pry it open. But at least it reaches the top floor! :)

I've been in communication with @Herbies Seeds regarding my GJOTY prize. A few weeks back they wrote me asking if I had received the package and I told them I had not. I also told them that I had not received any tracking number or other indication that the seeds had been sent and were on the way. Without hesitation they asked me for a different shipping address they could use in order to resend the prize package.

Fast forward to about a week later and the package arrived at the second address.

I got it home and opened it and there was, let's call it an "electronic gizmo", inside the package and nothing else. (Mrs. GDB was sitting in the room with me as I opened it. Oh my. :straightface:)

I told the Mrs. this is the same stupid package I received several weeks ago, with nothing inside but that same gizmo. When the first package had arrived she was also in on it. She told me at that time, it must be inside the gizmo. I said, that was not likely, I doubt that any company would go that far in using stealth shipping methods. At the time, I had know idea that the first package had been sent from Herbies (again, no tracking number had been provided - and one usually is provided when items are shipped).

So now I've got two of these gizmos. Again, Mrs. GDB says it must be inside the gizmo. And again, I blew her off.

I write Herbies and tell them about what I got from them and asking what the problem might be. They write me back happy that I'd received the package and telling me to open the gizmo where I will find the seeds hidden inside. I foolishly read this message out loud to the Mrs. She jumps from her chair, throws her hands in the air and starts laughing like a hyena. "I told you! I told you, but you wouldn't listen!"

I remove the 2 microscopic-sized screws from one of the gizmos and pry it open. The seeds are in plastic bags taped inside the gizmos. The bags are labeled "1" and "2."

I write Herbies again, apologizing and letting them know that I got both shipments. I asked if they could tell me which seeds I was sent. They said #1 are Apple Bettys and #2 are Grandmommy Purples.

Much thanks to @Herbies Seeds, which, IMO, has taken stealth to a whole new level. Serious kudos to you for your generosity (they let me keep all the seeds) and patience! :thanks:
Great story detective GDB! My better half lives for those times as well! I accommodate. :) We hit Grandmommy Purple every day! it's a good one, and I'm having a blast growing Apple Bettys as you know! Enjoy! @Herbies Seeds for the win!

Good morning gang.

It's Flip 44 for the New Trick girls and I have a few pics tracking the progress of the flowers. I'm currently trying to hold their DLI steady in the 38-40 range. I'm running the Phlizon FD8000 at 60%, approximately 18 inches above the canopy. Temps are usually between 78-80F and humidity lingers around 50%. I'm running my large dehuie but it's just outright damp in my basement at the moment.

Blue Cindy:

Based on her looks now she may be the last to finish.
BC 5-13-24 F43 bud.jpg

Hash Lover:

I love her.
HL 5-13-24 F43 bud.jpg

Lemon Bubble:

The most advanced. She continues to show some blemishes on her leaves but I think I'm seeing some improvement. She's highly likely to finish first.
LB 5-13-24 F43 bud.jpg

Tent Shot:
NT 5-13-24 F44 sidedoor lbls.jpg

All have plenty of elbow room!

BTW, the other night I took the HL & LB off of their risers because I thought all the plants had somehow become relatively the same height. Well, when I looked at them the next day I just chalked that notion up as yet another Stoner Moment and maybe a cross-eyed one. They're now back on the risers! :)

------------------------------

It's been really slow going on the cuts that I've taken. I took 4 from the Cosmic Lights and just saw roots appear from the plug of one of them yesterday. When I topped the 2 Fat Kid's Cakes (from Phase II) I plugged them. This morning one of them has started pushing out roots.

I don't why it's taking them so long to strike! The two cuts I took from the Hash Lover (Phase II), I just tossed into a solo cup of tap water with no additional prep work, and they were the quickest to root. No wonder sales of my GDBClonerĀ® never took off. :straightface:

Dont feel BAD, it sounds like me GDB!
I DO the same STUPID SHIT! Moral of this story LISTEN to Mrs GDB she is ALWAYS RIGHT!
I don't know, SOG. I think I outdid myself on the DimMeter this time. After I received the 2nd gizmo and she again said it was inside, I should have realized she was probably right. But, no, I had to contact Herbies. DOH!
Phase II is looking great, and :welldone: on not throwing out the first gizmo when you thought it was worthless. Stealth be like that sometimes, and I remember spending 10 minutes looking for beans I knew just had to be in there somewhere!:)
Never thought it worthless, Shed. The gizmo functions!
Well that's great you got gizmos, and you got the seeds, and the Missus is laughing, everybody happy now!
I know I am, Stunger! :)
And she'll remind you of it every chance she gets ....if she words it like Mrs.C., she'll say something like:

"Remember that time you were stupid, and I was right?"
Ha! Subtlety is not her strong suit, uh? šŸ˜
I had this vision of GDB or his mom getting an adult item in the mail:)
Ha! I definitely would have opened that, Crusher! šŸ‘€
Haha, what a rollercoaster of a story! It sounds like Mrs. GDB's intuition is unbeatable ā€“ she's got those Sherlock Holmes vibes for sure! šŸ•µļøā€ā™‚ļø Happy growing šŸŒ±
Thanks Herbies. You guys go above and beyond! :thumb:
Thank you Herbies Seeds for being a sponsor. :thumb: šŸ‹
Ditto!
Great story detective GDB! My better half lives for those times as well! I accommodate. :) We hit Grandmommy Purple every day! it's a good one, and I'm having a blast growing Apple Bettys as you know! Enjoy! @Herbies Seeds for the win!
Thanks Stone. I too accommodate -- far too often! šŸ˜

That's good to hear about Grandmommy! :Rasta:
How long have you been married? I learned a long time ago....my fiancee is always right, even when she is wrong which is very rare :)
It's been 37 years since we tied the knot, Tim. But we were together for about 6 years prior to getting married. She's mostly a peach, with very brief spells of sometimes being a rock! :)

Thanks for your visit.

PEACE

Detective Magoo

Omg LOLLING!

There once was a grower called Black
Defs not the sharpest knife in the stack
Lucky his wife is much sharper
And is so so much smarter
Thanks to her he has 4 new seeds to crack!

Highya GDB,

Great looking buds you showed. Nicely frosted and getting fat! The overall picture was gorgeous! Very pretty cannabis ladies with lots of frost and plenty of pompoms! Very nice! Happy Smokin'

Well i am glad She straightened your butt out on that and everything is in order now .
Yeah, Smoke. I just need to add another item to the "she straightened my butt out" list! :Rasta:

Omg LOLLING!

There once was a grower called Black
Defs not the sharpest knife in the stack
Lucky his wife is much sharper
And is so so much smarter
Thanks to her he has 4 new seeds to crack!
Trala, do you prefer to be called a poet or a poetess? I know times have changed. :Rasta:

And great growing bruv. You are a serious grow legend!
Thanks Tra. But I'm not a serious anything -- I live for laughter. And I'm certainly not a "grow legend."

And -- from the past -- my last name is not Black. You're 0 for 3. šŸ˜

Back
Top Bottom