Germination the easy way

Ifbleaf

I've recently discovered that leaving my seeds soaking in pH water with a tiny bit of rhizotonic bio, canna, for 48 hours, produces germinated beans. It's worked with b' farm seeds and indeed a pack of 10 regular seeds from the cheapest place I know, weed seed shop Amsterdam. All have germinated in the 48 hours. They are kept in the airing cupboard!

I've recently discovered that leaving my seeds soaking in pH water with a tiny bit of rhizotonic bio, canna, for 48 hours, produces germinated beans. It's worked with b' farm seeds and indeed a pack of 10 regular seeds from the cheapest place I know, weed seed shop Amsterdam. All have :yummy::smokin::roorrip::rollit:germinated in the 48 hours. They are kept in the airing cupboard!
It's getting better. All ten have made a show out of the Coco rich, soil. Just keeping the area around the seed damp for the greater part of the 3 days since I potted them.
IMG_20190804_130459.jpg

I don't know if the damp filter paper/ kitchen roll and so on, is the most common way people germinate thier seeds,,,but. I maybe quoting a well established fact but it's always good to hear about others with conviction of a process. I've discovered,as in stumbled upon,rather than was looking for. The best way for bringing the seeds to shoot in 48hours . I have soaked seeds in water and a tiny bit of a rizo of some sort. Canna rhizotonic bio is the only one that I have used for this,so far ,.
I started to soak the beans prior to going under the damp cloth, from a good source of information. I've got 12months growing in coco and I was a clown with coco.... But
Soaking in the liquid for 48hours in a dark warm not too hot cupboard and they are all germinating and ready for the light hole in the middle of a small hand full of dirt. . And they are all up in 2days . I now swear by this. Just soak and drop into small shallow hole and water.

I've recently discovered that leaving my seeds soaking in pH water with a tiny bit of rhizotonic bio, canna, for 48 hours, produces germinated beans. It's worked with b' farm seeds and indeed a pack of 10 regular seeds from the cheapest place I know, weed seed shop Amsterdam. All have germinated in the 48 hours. They are kept in the airing cupboard!
Well I discovered many many years ago, that if I put my beans in a half cup of tap water for 18 hours and then into a wet paper towel on a plate in a dark warm spot, they will germinate, if they're viable :thumb::snowboating:

Can be one of those find something that works for you the best and stick with it, as one of them "if it ain't broke don't mess with it as it will be broke then" ;) :rofl:

Personally I soak for 24 hours and then right into my soil and put on top of my Modem for the heat, and they pop out in 2-5 days typically, as I'm clumsy and have a higher risk of messing them up with the paper towel method that many folks use. I have about a 95% success rate with that which accounts for the fact that one will get a bad bean from time to time (one of the two on the Modem never sank in the water, so I"m testing out that "theory" that those are always bad if they don't sink).
Once they pop they go into my tiny grow box which has a low powered el cheapo blurple in it, and get moved to one of the bigger boxes once I up-pot usually.

Ones that went into soil yesterday:

Ones that went into soil 5 days ago and once they popped out came off the modem and into the box two days ago (so they both popped out in 3 days):

Nice. Those el cheapo ones that have the pink cob chips in are a piece of cake to replace the blurple with a choice of 6000k white or 2800/3200. Well the ones on wish give those slightly odd ratings. For less than a fiver ($7 ) and a couple of screw's and solder the new one in. These are AC. I've no idea how your cheap blurple is set up. If it's dc and has a driver etc I would be looking at upgrading the blurple again for the obvious direction of the new white LEDs. Thanks to printed circuit board this is easier with the ac straight swap. . But it's Also high risk of electrocution or fire so don't just take it apart unless you're confident with the task. And hey your set up sounds like you put thought and effort into it all.
I've had beans that didn't sink grow up. I'm certain. Yeah. One love. :Rasta::thumb:

Germination is probably one of the most diverse things in this world of growing cannabis IMO. However the soak, paper towel, dark, warm, method is most common. What we fine tune ourselves is what makes this fun. At first the discouragement of not being able to pop seeds and get rolling right out the gate is what makes us try different methods and learn new things. Discouragement isn't fun but the victory at the end is very rewarding and we learn from every single mistake.
A first hand mistake is a much more valuable lesson learned than from a paragraph read. IMO.
I do it pretty much the same way as Dwight but that doesn't mean it's the best way... It's just the best way for "me".
:ganjamon:

Of course the ac cobs have strobing issues and literally produce waves of light as opposed to constant light. They are very good bright waves of light and I'm actually in the middle of converting an old barn hood reflecter and putting 2 maybe 3 flowering spectrum cobs in the middle with the steel plate that is the backbone of those reflectors as the heat sink I'm waiting for the 100w chips to arrive.
15664108338267646114648984594526.jpg
15664109612543235035988029116778.jpg
15664109612543235035988029116778.jpg
1566411015099510351942404234439.jpg

That is work in progress then there's a perfect shot of the AC strobing issue. Then there's the light off just to show the ex blurple light.

Back
Top Bottom