Getting the rosin off the tools

CasaGreen

420 Member
Hello, squishing peeps!

If this has been discussed, please pardon. I’ve read every page of every squishin’ thread over the past few weeks. I don’t remember seeing this question, but my bleary eyes might be lyin’. My search terms have not unearthed the info, either.

I’ve only had my Dabpress for a week, and I’ve been experimenting wildly whilst I figure it out. My main issue is getting the rosin from the dab tools (after successfully removing from parchment) into the glass dab containers. I’ve refrigerated it, frozen it, set it on a cold plate, etc., but it remains so sticky i can’t get it off the stainless tool. I am using 6 month fully cured flower, rather than recently cured, if that makes a difference. I’ve stuck all my tools in the freezer, along with the rosin laden one, thinking it will surely flake Into bits and go walkabout when I try removing it with the other cold tools. It remains taffy-like. I’ve also tried getting it cold and then trying a bit of my oil slick paper to wipe/pull it off. No go. It looks like shatter (but won’t shatter!) from the freezer, but as soon as I try to pick it off, it softens again.

I can dab it with my Linx honey straw right off the tool, and the effect is flavorful and potent. However, this is clearly not a forward solution. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!

Hello, squishing peeps!

If this has been discussed, please pardon. I’ve read every page of every squishin’ thread over the past few weeks. I don’t remember seeing this question, but my bleary eyes might be lyin’. My search terms have not unearthed the info, either.

I’ve only had my Dabpress for a week, and I’ve been experimenting wildly whilst I figure it out. My main issue is getting the rosin from the dab tools (after successfully removing from parchment) into the glass dab containers. I’ve refrigerated it, frozen it, set it on a cold plate, etc., but it remains so sticky i can’t get it off the stainless tool. I am using 6 month fully cured flower, rather than recently cured, if that makes a difference. I’ve stuck all my tools in the freezer, along with the rosin laden one, thinking it will surely flake Into bits and go walkabout when I try removing it with the other cold tools. It remains taffy-like. I’ve also tried getting it cold and then trying a bit of my oil slick paper to wipe/pull it off. No go. It looks like shatter (but won’t shatter!) from the freezer, but as soon as I try to pick it off, it softens again.

I can dab it with my Linx honey straw right off the tool, and the effect is flavorful and potent. However, this is clearly not a forward solution. Any ideas? Thanks so much in advance!
Everclear 190 proof works but Gumout carb/choke & parts cleaner works the best for me.

Back
Top Bottom