GiGaBaNE's 3rd & Final Journal - At Least Until I Change Country

well for me it takes about half an hour per plant per week. that means if i was a machine that needed no sleep or food or other entertainments that means i could handle a maximum of 336 plants.

since i want my work week to be a total of 25 hours i would still only be able to do 50 plants and that leaves no time for anything else like germinating or harvesting.

ill be looking to rotate my crop every 91 days (4 grows a year) eventually so im guessing my plants will need around a 2x2' space each. at those numbers i think i can just about fit 200 plants into my areas...too much work ;)

LOL,
Well if you cut out the sleep and entertainment.....

Gig,
I'm sure you realize this but the production formulas your talking about are very close to what major corporations use. Well I can only truly speak for a large production based business but I assure you its very close. A few variables aside! We as growers can do our own R+D without facing human rights violations! Corporations cannot (legally). I have worked with folks making over 70k a year that cant even explain what you jot down from brainstorming and having fun. Good job.

thanks friend =)

i may have missed out on basic education like english and maths as a kid, but as an adult i have learned quite a bit about time management, time and motion and business planning.
i have a basic understanding of different managment styles such as management by exception and just in time supply lines e.t.c

strangely enough i blame strategy games for my ability to apply my little bit of knowledge to just about every thing as they are the best place most of us can practice management and leadership descisions, lol

05-Nov-2012
Fast Auto's (day 58) in full bloom
NL Auto (day 58) Still veg but i see 1 or 2 pistils

Hi guys!!!
here is a well overdue update.

I have scrapped all my clones...i still stand by kimmy's cloning method as the best I have ever tried, but they dont root for me nearly as fast as i would like. I will come back to clones when my finance and lifestyle are corrected.

My DWC plants are alive and healthy but not doing a lot at the moment. i abuse these for leaves to smoke so i dont upset my autos lol.

my mini germination is over, i have 2 sleetstackxskunk and 1 big bud (2) that are safely in seedling stage. i did have 3 ssxs but one 'fell over and died'. these will be going into hydroganic pots along side my autos, but will just have 24/0 as i didnt replace my broken timer when i went fully auto. i will keep theses from becoming monsters and will flower them after i have harvested pollen from my kc45s

and now for my auto's
im sorry these are all the pics i can muster...you have no idea what a carry on it was to get these....pictures of the kremlin interior would have been easier =D

this shows my fan blowing on the bulb and a reflective wall behind it. from my previous pics you will see my 'room' is much bigger but i have shrunk it with survival blankets to maximise light relfection. what it doesnt show is the 3 inch gap at the bottom of the blanket offering cold air in from all angles, nor does it show the 'hot air' area above the room carefully laid out to maximise hot air leakage upwards to control the thermodynamics passivly.
Picture_10514.jpg

just a better view of the right hand plants. these pics dont show it very well but they are all getting super frosty and swelling up now. front middle plant is my NL...still a long way to go by the look of it..all that is on those fast autos now is bud and sweet leaves. no normal leaves exist anywhere (unless they were too hard to get at without risking a cut bud)
Picture_1237.jpg

just a better look at the bulb...you can see my diy 180 watt t8 array at the back there. made from an old cot side and lights claimed free from a demolition job =D it only cost me the price of the wiring to get up and running. its a shame ive gone off these i have like 30 or 40 ballasts for the 30 watt tubes and nothing to do with them ( still in the banged up lights atm stashed around the house.) i dont fancy ebaying them. maybe one of you guys can give me an idea for them...or they go to a scrap metal collector =(
Picture_1169.jpg

Hows this for efficient 4 DWC's and 3 seedlings all being fed by 1 23watt cfl =D
Picture_11012.jpg

thats about it really...just killing time now waiting for these to finish so i can get on with my KC45s =)

Great update as always GiGa! Keep up the great work.

great pics and set up. I love CFl's and autos!! I just picked up a 200 watt cfl and hood. Doing well so far. I used 6 t8's for my autos' with up to 22 Cfl bulbs. The T8's had to go in favor of temp and space. I like the diy you have with the T8's

Very nice update. :thumb:

Hey I have a question, I figure I ask her because Gigs you come up with all the crazy ideas so I want to ask a crazy question :goof::loopy: Has anyone tryd to put carbonated water aka seltzer water in a humidifer and use that as a way to get co2 to the plants?????? I really hope that would work because isnt it just turning it into a light moister substance. of tiny gases and water????? :hmmmm:

Very nice update. :thumb:

Hey I have a question, I figure I ask her because Gigs you come up with all the crazy ideas so I want to ask a crazy question :goof::loopy: Has anyone tryd to put carbonated water aka seltzer water in a humidifer and use that as a way to get co2 to the plants?????? I really hope that would work because isnt it just turning it into a light moister substance. of tiny gases and water????? :hmmmm:

There is no reason it wouldnt work in theory...however, considering the sheer volume of liquid consumed by a humidifyer the cost of selter water in these volumes is prohibitive. it would actually work out cheaper to get a real co2 system.

using seltzer water as a foliar spray is much mur economical.

Hello Giga,
Too bad about the clones. You scrapped them all ??

I took several more Monday night as that is part of my schedule. I was excited that a Pineapple Express that I have been trying to re-veg finally gave me 2 cuttings !! It almost died and it took forever to give me those. It will be a good mum someday. I plan on making mums out of those first 2 cuts. By the time they root and veg a little, it will still be a while before I get any bud from them, but luckily I have lots of others to flower in the meantime. The PE was a freebie from Attitude. I should have made a mum out of it to start with, but I was in a hurry and flowered everything including my freebies last spring.

Another thing I am excited about is I harvested a new plant Sunday night that I grew from a bagseed. It is a sativa and out of the lot there were only 2 females. E1 and E3. E1 is tall and has the most jagged leaves and very long pistils. E3 has a smell to die for. Somehow she smells skunky, sweet, citrusey, lemony all rolled in to one. I may have to rename her "Skittles"(Taste the rainbow). I can hardly wait to try it !! She is a keeper for sure. Her mum is a nice plant and she clones real easy too. I have more of her cuts in the pipeline.

Nice to see that HPS hangin' there buddy ! That'll up your game for sure...-K

yes i scrapped them all. they did have some root formations that look like warts so they were getting there, but im certain that they were dead and just didnt look it. they were in perlite in 90f conditions with as low as 20% RH and i left them for nearly a week once without water and i think they sorta died standing up (looked alive but zero liquid in them.)

sounds fantastic you managed to get some pE clones sorted =D aww man im jealous about your bag seed. i dont remember the last time i had sativa...even tho its my preference. uk dealers generally sell couchlock, lol
However that should be cured with my KC45 crop. half brazilian sativa half genuine russian ruderalis (most autos are lowrider based afaik).

im loving the hps, i may even get another for my grow bed, lol.. my plan for the future tho seems to be CMH.i was planning on induction lighting but i really like the potential of CMH it just needs work.

Ceramic metal halides can come from like 50w to 400w can be used the entire grow as they are full spectrum. downside is they use old magnetic ballasts which use more overhead watts but they convert far more energy to light rather than heat so they are cooler and more efficient overall.

you can now get HPS conversion bulbs and more recently MH conversions. so some can be used on mh ballasts.

but i picture a particular grow style.
imagine a warehouse all nice and open. then picture a cool tube column every 3' apart with 3x vertical 50w CMH bulbs going up inside it. then at the top of each cool tube would be a 4" ducting pipe leading to a master extraction system. the overall gram to watt should be really high and the amount of wasted energy from heat is minimal.

Gigs,
You're getting me all hot and bothered about CMH.
And if I had an extra warehouse, it'd be yours..

its all good. im getting there slowly. my big wish for 2012 is that my fast autos produce 100 gramms between them. this takes care of all my xmas worries. starting next year im all about getting thee KC45s breeding and studying their grow pattern so i can shape my grow rooms accordingly. then i will just ramp up production. i have some very generous friends with unlimited lung capacity, as soon as i can take care of them, they will provide all my needs.

a couple of years from now and ill probably have a labratory and factory of my own. hmm wonder how much it would cost to get a combined harvester retooled for our plant :rofl:

its just to many variables, obviously the results would differ and the potency would differ as well, im also wondering about the best lighting schedule, as autos flower due to age are we stunting them by giving them 24-0 or 20-4, would we get more if we went 12-12 from day 1 till harvest, i know it defies its been an auto but indoors it dont really matter as long as we get good yields, i know autos are perfect for outdoors in most countries as they dont need the 12-12 to flower,

I have been Hemming and Hawing about this. I have read many times on 420 that Hemp plants grow more during the hours of darkness than during the lit hours, whilst they do not need 12:12 to flower, they may still benefit from the darkness to allow them to convert the energy stored in their leaves from the lights via photosynthesis into growth? Surely half of the plants genetics will respond positively to ideal regular flowering conditions? And the Ruderalis genetics that have been bred in have already worked their magic?.

but im pretty sure a plant grown under 12-12 would differ from a plant grown under 24-0, as they flower due to age then by giving them 20 hours a day are we giving them to much light and making them flower early, would a 12-12 schedule slow down the flower process and keep it in veg longer, the plant is getting less light so would this change the way it ages.

This conundrum has caused even more Hemming and Hawing. I came to my decision after I imagined slowing an Auto down was similar to slowing down a Ferrari! A lot of time has been spent speeding the thing up, it was not the speed I wanted to change but the distance travelled in the allotted time before harvest, at the moment 'Ideal Regular Bloom Lighting' wins my logic test.

their really is that much testing to be done,
:lot-o-toke: So little Time!:thumb:

funnily enough im reading this HUGE write up about cannabis biology and it actually seems 10 hours of light offers fastest bud manufacture, they also tested 8 hours of light but saw no benefits over 10.

when i get my 2nd HPS ill run a crop 24-0 as i normally do, but i will also run a 10-14 from seed crop and see the differences.

that covers both extremes and should give definative results.

funnily enough im reading this HUGE write up about cannabis biology and it actually seems 10 hours of light offers fastest bud manufacture, they also tested 8 hours of light but saw no benefits over 10.

when i get my 2nd HPS ill run a crop 24-0 as i normally do, but i will also run a 10-14 from seed crop and see the differences.

that covers both extremes and should give definative results.

Tremendous plan, :thumb: I don't suppose there is any information regarding dark/light benefits/the opposite during vegetative stage?

Back
Top Bottom