GiGaBaNE's 4th - HydroGanics 600w HiD + Flouro

After really looking hard at the ingredients on the SNS 304 I see the same shit at Depot in their garden section for pests. I'm heading there tomorrow to see the name brand. It is mostly Clove and rosemary oil plus water.

thanks guys!

will post a few pics later on to show how they are affecting my plants.

i did buy some of those yellow sticky traps and had 2 on the go near my light, caught a few gnats.
however i added 5 more yesterday morning with just one sticky side exposed and laying on top of the pots and these caught easily a hundred gnats in just a few hours. im pleased i got an average of a mating pair per pot killed, lol.

Since im making the change to drip/waste hydroponics and the ever limited budget, ive gone with cultivators advice and ordered some h2o2 and superthrive, h2o2 kills gnats and superthrive helps the roots recover from the ordeal and both products are usable for far more reasons than just gnats, especially in hydro. so i believe thats the best bang i can get for my buck.

its been a very depressing 72 hours realising that my gnat war was largely ineffective and my potentialy biggest grow to date is on the verge of being my biggest flop...its enough to have scared me away from soil growing for a while. im sure there are natural ways to combat gnats, such as companion plants but its just too much hassle right now. my garden is my life at the moment, all my plans for the future involve me producing my own bud at a fairly constant rate and i jus cant be dealing with these kind of crisis, so hydroponics here we come.

yeah i think a combination of the sticky traps and h2o2 root drenching should take care of it....i just want to get this crop to harvest, even a poor yield say 0.25 gramm per watt will still save my grow from needing a rescue package and cover the transition to hydro.

i now know that my first table should house 50 plants at a time under 2x 600 watt dual spec hps. i may downgrade the lights later to check efficiency.

that 1 table is enough to provide all my med needs and bring in enough of a return in trades to remove me as a drain on the tax payer whilst im off sick. thats a big thing for me. the politics of the day may not agree with my methods, but im once again self sufficient and contributing to the local economy.

Fast Question??????????????? You using molasses? That stuff brings in gnats from miles around it you ever drench your medium with a thick dose. Not sure if it has any bearings but just my two cents. And helps to cover the medium too. Later Keepem Green

naw im not using molasses. i have some but was trying to simplify my feeding so its left out.. no i think they infected a bag of compost at the garden center because the bag was damaged and it just blew up to infestation levels in my warm grow area..

gonna give it several days after this crop before planting again just to finish the job and claim gnat free house status again. good bye soil growing, lol

the peroxide will work mate, just be careful u dont make it too strong and u may need a couple of applications. id def smoke bomb room too to kill the adults and i'd do that twice in a week also. if there are gnats left they still can live in hydro, clay pebbles but its much easier to erradicate them and prevent a return infestation. nothing worse than an infestation.

Hey what's good man? word is YOU'RE "the guy" to talk to abpout autos... hope this is true, if not ehh...
to the point... I AM ON SECOND BATCH BUBBLICIOUS AUTO FEM FROMCannabis seeds | Marijuana Seeds at Nirvana Seed Bank - Nirvanashop
I CAN NOT GERMINATE THESE THINGS. FIRST PACK USED THE SOAK IN A CUP OVER NIGHT AND IN THE DOME. EVERY THING ELSE DID (BAGSEED, ZONIA) BUT NOT THE $ONES$. EMAILED NIRVANA THEY TOLD ME THE GERMINATION PROCESS SHOULD BE OUT OF PACKAGE INTO MEDIUM ADD WATER, DOME, LIGHT N "AUTO". THEY MADE IT RIGHT BY RESENDING NEW PACK BUT HAVE 3 BEING USED UNDER THEIR METHOD AND WELL NADA YET. HOW YOU GET THEM TO "POP"I JUST WANNA SEE SOMETHING COME UP!!! I HAVE THEM IN IN A DOME UNDER T5 3' (50$ AT THE DEPOT) IT IS ABOUT AN INCH OVER THE 3 INCH DOME. I HAVE USED A 4' SHOP LIGHT IN PAST AND BEEN VERY SUCCESSFUL IS A T8 SEND DIFFERENT LIGHT THAN T5? MY UNDERSTANDING WAS SAME KELVIN JUST HIGHER LUMEN/WATT.. I HAVE LOTS OFF HUMIDITY BUILT UP..... THOUGHT TO BE A GOOD THING, RIGHT?

THROW ME A LIFE LINE... I NEED THIS PLZ

i wouldnt give up on soil over some gnats, the best tasting and moset potent herbs are grown in soil with organics imho, i use molasses in every feeding too, but for gnats i do this, add the sns root drench every other feed, and surround the outside with home defense max, grow basil in the tent they also hate neem oil it also makes them retarded and forget to breed! :rofl: true story neem stinks like onions and body odor, but it screws with their brains the first time i got gnats from fox fof soil i sprayed neem oil in the top of the soil and all over the plants i witnessed them becoming retarded with things like trying to fly upside down ,forgetting to flap their wings and falling to the floor mid flight ,landing on the light and incinerating themselves, it was a frikkin evil comedy i laughed so hard ,i call neem oil "retarded bug in a bottle" its cheap and lasts a long time so give that a think, i am not thrilled with my dwc bucket hydro, keeping up with ph is annoying, you cant use all the really kick a$$ amendments, i tried using seaweed,azomite,dark matter, and it gunked up my system, another thing to consider is bugs are not attracted to really healthy plants in nature they go right past them to the less healthy or sick plants, this info has pushed me to try to get mine so healthy bugs dont want them, now im not saying that your plants are not healthy just sharing info, i hate to see a grower leave soil over something so fixable, hydro is cool and can grow some amazing plants, but i truly believe organic fed soil is the primo way to go,and is so much better for the environment:thumb: just sayin

hi there

i have not had the pleasure of that strain yet.
out of the last 65 autos i have tried to crack 59 have shown me a tap root and 53 survived to become a plant.

we are suppose to plant in the pot they grow in to the end but i stil germ with the cup of water method. i find keeping the water dark and at 25-28C seems to wake them up. last batch of 13 i did i soaked them for 24 hours in water 12 had cracked and all 13 had swollen up some so i planted all even the uncracked one, 2 days later all 13 are ove the soil.

i dont know about this dome business i dont use them is that for humidity like clones or some other benefit?

my understanding is that the smaller the number t12,t8,t5 the more efficient the power to light ratio, however on most occasions T8 was an industry standard so that its often cheaper to buy more T8s for the same money as t5's

that being said there is a difference between t5 and t5HO and i think the latter is what everyone likes. but yeah the standard 6500k 2700k stuff applies accross the board however.

its my understanding that plants in veg appreciate a humidity of 50-80% and plants in flower prefer 30-50%. however abusing humidity to alter the nutrient/water throughput is an advanced tweak ;)

im hoping that your first batch was dud, but i suspect your maybe not keeping them warm enough?

i generally have my plants living between 25 and 30C be it foliage, germing seeds or the water i use to feed them (25c).

hope any of this is helpful =)

yeah its not just the gnats, its just cleaner and more clinical and i think i can get more plants in the same space, soil is a lot of work also. pre mxing and keeping it wet enough or dry enough all the time. im really not liking the need to constantly monitor PH either, thats why i have opted for srain to waste, if the drippers are set right there isnt much waste and once you mix up a rez its a lot more stable that tradition hydros because your not recirculating or recycling your water in any way. the ppms dont chhange in the rez so the ph is more stable.

i will get back to soil, but for now im really likeing the idea of mixing up a rez every 2 weeks and just hauling away any waste product to feed my compost pit =D

i dont use amendments normally...if i had my way it would just be 1 bottle of food does everything ;)

i wouldnt give up on soil over some gnats, the best tasting and moset potent herbs are grown in soil with organics imho, i use molasses in every feeding too, but for gnats i do this, add the sns root drench every other feed, and surround the outside with home defense max, grow basil in the tent they also hate neem oil it also makes them retarded and forget to breed! :rofl: true story neem stinks like onions and body odor, but it screws with their brains the first time i got gnats from fox fof soil i sprayed neem oil in the top of the soil and all over the plants i witnessed them becoming retarded with things like trying to fly upside down ,forgetting to flap their wings and falling to the floor mid flight ,landing on the light and incinerating themselves, it was a frikkin evil comedy i laughed so hard ,i call neem oil "retarded bug in a bottle" its cheap and lasts a long time so give that a think, i am not thrilled with my dwc bucket hydro, keeping up with ph is annoying, you cant use all the really kick a$$ amendments, i tried using seaweed,azomite,dark matter, and it gunked up my system, another thing to consider is bugs are not attracted to really healthy plants in nature they go right past them to the less healthy or sick plants, this info has pushed me to try to get mine so healthy bugs dont want them, now im not saying that your plants are not healthy just sharing info, i hate to see a grower leave soil over something so fixable, hydro is cool and can grow some amazing plants, but i truly believe organic fed soil is the primo way to go,and is so much better for the environment:thumb: just sayin

Nice post BID I wanna get into soil but is it hard or impossile to reuse? Also I really dont have and big place and really dont want soil everywhere and teas brewing here there and everywhere is it hard to manage out of 1 bedroom and any smells unnatural I mean?

i reuse my mix its 50-60-85% coco, i just wash re amend and go, i never check ph unless theres a serious problem, coco allows much bigger plants than soil alone as does using air/smart pots, i bubble my nute mixture with airstones to allow a massive microbe population to munch on and break down all the nutrients like the organic natures way of chelation , i have just developed a simple system that allows for the most roots possible in 1-2-3-4 gal pots with the coco heavy medium i get hydrolike growth but with the benifits of organics, its working for me is all i know, good luck with hydro gigger im sure you'll do great with it:thumb:

hi there

i have not had the pleasure of that strain yet.
Out of the last 65 autos i have tried to crack 59 have shown me a tap root and 53 survived to become a plant.

We are suppose to plant in the pot they grow in to the end but i stil germ with the cup of water method. I find keeping the water dark and at 25-28c seems to wake them up. Last batch of 13 i did i soaked them for 24 hours in water 12 had cracked and all 13 had swollen up some so i planted all even the uncracked one, 2 days later all 13 are ove the soil.

I dont know about this dome business i dont use them is that for humidity like clones or some other benefit?

My understanding is that the smaller the number t12,t8,t5 the more efficient the power to light ratio, however on most occasions t8 was an industry standard so that its often cheaper to buy more t8s for the same money as t5's

that being said there is a difference between t5 and t5ho and i think the latter is what everyone likes. But yeah the standard 6500k 2700k stuff applies accross the board however.

Its my understanding that plants in veg appreciate a humidity of 50-80% and plants in flower prefer 30-50%. However abusing humidity to alter the nutrient/water throughput is an advanced tweak

im hoping that your first batch was dud, but i suspect your maybe not keeping them warm enough?

I generally have my plants living between 25 and 30c be it foliage, germing seeds or the water i use to feed them (25c).

Hope any of this is helpful =)

first of all, damn that was a quick response..... U r truly the man....

On that note, while you were responding i tried clonex gel mixed in warm water (2-3 drops) last night and all of a sudden i've got taproots!!!! Word? Word. So of 10 auto i have 2 that i can see.....20% average, i have a 50/50 from seed.
Yea the dome works well where i am at b/c the humidity, i've got the problem of to hot need to cool em. I have done bubble germ n cups n thats work also, w/o dome.

The flourescents, t8 is 32w 100 l/w the t8 i think you're right is just smaller w/same power.

I have jorge cervantes " the indoor/outdoor grower's bible", i have followed word for word so my temps and humidity all the stuff after a tap root shows... I have the dome on a heating pad, room is 76f.

Thanks now i get to start another journal.... Yay!!!

You seem to be talked about often in all journals n forums i read through....congrats

i reuse my mix its 50-60-85% coco, i just wash re amend and go, i never check ph unless theres a serious problem, coco allows much bigger plants than soil alone as does using air/smart pots, i bubble my nute mixture with airstones to allow a massive microbe population to munch on and break down all the nutrients like the organic natures way of chelation , i have just developed a simple system that allows for the most roots possible in 1-2-3-4 gal pots with the coco heavy medium i get hydrolike growth but with the benifits of organics, its working for me is all i know, good luck with hydro gigger im sure you'll do great with it:thumb:

I would like a recipe for that medium bid please, or is that the recipe? The reamending is a puzzle to me.

clonex is unnecessary to get roots to appear mate, trust me.

hey bid, like ur style. i love coco and beneficials too. hydro is how i work for the most part but coco is my base. i too would like ur recipe for ur microbe/nute mix and how u prep ur coco. if u have the time would u pm me? thanks

Back
Top Bottom