GoogleGenie's Fruity Chronic & Cheese Grow - Hydro - 2300W LED

re: GoogleGenie's Fruity Chronic & Cheese Grow - Hydro - 2300W LED

So i ended up extending their dark period from 12 hours to 18hours, to counteract the blunder of leaving the lights on all night. What i should have done is turned the lights off as soon as i'd noticed the mistake and kept them in the dark until the lights were due to come on the following day. But we'll see what the outcome is. At least i know for next time.

A while back i bought a Phillips LED lamp that produced light in the far-red spectrum only (740nm specifically).

What i plan to do with this, is radiate the plants right at the beginning of lights out for 15 minutes with this 740nm lamp. 15 minutes is more than enough, you only really need to expose plants to this kind of light for a few seconds at the start of lights out.

If you would like to know more about why i use this technique, have a read about the Phytochrome (Pr, Pfr)

Phytochrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, by radiating your plants with far-red light in the absence of Deep red light (660ish nm), you are "theoretically" able to reduce your dark period by 2 hours, which means i can add this additional 2 hours of light to the day period, to give me 14/10 (day/night). But this can only be done after your plants have switched over to flowering (this happens after 5 night of 12 hours of darkness consecutively).

Here are some pictures of the lamp and how they look in the tent

The lamp, when it is off

IMG_058627.JPG
IMG_058727.JPG

The lamp when it is on

IMG_059131.JPG

The lamp in the tent when the lights are out

IMG_059231.JPG

I was hoping to have some more pictures for you all today, the flowers are really starting to form on some of the plants. I'll post some less red pictures over the weekend :)

So, i now have 2 timers in each tent. My regular timer is set to 12/12. And my second timer is set to come on for 15 minutes at the beginning of lights out. As explained in my earlier post, this will allow me to reduce my dark period to 10 hours, thus giving them 2 more hours of daylight to photosynthesise, which will in turn "hopefully" give me more bud.

So, these are the far red lights, mounted, fitted and on a timer.

The light in F#1

IMG_059725.JPG
IMG_059824.JPG

And the light in F#2

IMG_059931.JPG
IMG_060032.JPG

As you can see, a single LED lamp saturates an entire 1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m area and then some!

Anyway, this is all just theory, i'm going to reduce the hours of light in one of the tents first and see how they react, and hope that they just continue to flower, i'll then do the same in the other tent assuming the first lot are ok.

Good day all!

Here are some pictures of one of my plants. All of my flowering plants are on Day 17 today, and these photos were taken last night

I couldn't possible photograph every individual plant, however, this plant in coco is the best general indication as to how the plants are getting on, and is one of 6 plants in coco, the other 8 are in 2 recirculating systems (if you have just joined in :))

Fruity Chronic Juice - Day 16 Flower

IMG_066032.JPG
IMG_066129.JPG
IMG_066228.JPG
IMG_066328.JPG
IMG_066833.JPG
IMG_066426.JPG
IMG_066529.JPG
IMG_066628.JPG

IMG_066925.JPG
IMG_067025.JPG
IMG_067125.JPG
IMG_067224.JPG

A picture of the same bud site, with flash

IMG_067326.JPG

without flash

IMG_067429.JPG

And said plant in its entirety, just over 17" tall

IMG_068029.JPG

And here is an update on F#1

The plants are considerably longer in this tent to F#2, but i believe this to be due to the number of plants, it's pretty crowded in there and the plants are fighting their way to the top of the canopy

IMG_068724.JPG
IMG_068829.JPG
IMG_068921.JPG
IMG_069128.JPG
IMG_069229.JPG

As you can see the tower fan has been nearly completely covered by the plants

IMG_069024.JPG

Here are a couple of snaps of F#2

IMG_068430.JPG

IMG_068526.JPG

IMG_068630.JPG

The plants in this tent are using Hydroton as a medium in the recirculating system as opposed to coco (in F#1)

Generally i prefer the canopy and the general growth of the plants in this tent, but again, this is probably due to the insane height in F#1

And before i forget, this is the deal with the feeding

The RDWC plants are getting Canna Flores + boosts
All plants in Coco are getting Canna Coco + the same boosts that the RDWC are getting

I gave the ladies a combination of Bud Ignitor and Bud Blood for the first 2 weeks of flowering, I have now switched over to Buddhas Tree Flower Burst for the last week of stretch, and after defoliation (Around Day 22/23) I will be using Buddhas Tree Pk-918 as my flowering boost until 2 weeks from the end.

:Namaste:

awesome job!!
keep up the good works
take care and good luck

Here is a shot of my veg tent after some supercropping and fimming. I need to control the height of these plants because i'm seriously running out of space and have 2 entirely full flowering tents....I'm still not sure what to do about that....

IMG_070530.JPG

IMG_070724.JPG

On the upside, the cheese clones are loving life

IMG_070626.JPG

I supercropped one of the clones as well, just to see what happens. They rooted about 10days ago and i transplanted them from my cloner to coco when they had been rooted a week (so 3 days ago).

IMG_070128.JPG
IMG_070323.JPG

Awesome job Genie...

Subbed

Evening guys

I'll have some pictures for you a little later but thought I'd post a quick update anyway.

I spent 5 hours yesterday on my day 21 defoliation, thank god that's over and done with.

Today is day 22 of flowering and the beginning of the Peak flowering phase (or whatever you wish to call it). The previous phase I just call "the stretch"

The ladies are looking much better with a bit more room. I gave them their last feeding of flower burst yesterday, and will be using Buddhas Tree PK918 from now up until ripening (2 weeks before flush). So for about 4 weeks I expect, or until the plants are producing few white pistills. After which time I will be using my ripening boost.

I'll post some pics a little later

:circle-of-love:waiting.:)
Evening guys

I'll have some pictures for you a little later but thought I'd post a quick update anyway.

I spent 5 hours yesterday on my day 21 defoliation, thank god that's over and done with.

Today is day 22 of flowering and the beginning of the Peak flowering phase (or whatever you wish to call it). The previous phase I just call "the stretch"

The ladies are looking much better with a bit more room. I gave them their last feeding of flower burst yesterday, and will be using Buddhas Tree PK918 from now up until ripening (2 weeks before flush). So for about 4 weeks I expect, or until the plants are producing few white pistills. After which time I will be using my ripening boost.

I'll post some pics a little later

Back
Top Bottom