Gr8ful - Soil - Blue Mystic - N.L. - Aurora Indica

I ussually shut my lights off to see if there are any light leaks. Also, I even cover up the little red lights on power strips and any other devices that have anything simalar. In your flower room it should be pitch black.
Your plants seem to be looking alot better, but I would wait for the plants to show their pre-flowers to begin flowering. I have started flowerin g before they show sex and it took alot longer for the plants to mature. They wont really flower until they are ready. If height is an issue, I would just do some more training/lst. Hope this helps. Good luck bro!
Peace,
NEPharmer

I would wait for the plants to show their pre-flowers to begin flowering. I have started flowerin g before they show sex and it took alot longer for the plants to mature. They wont really flower until they are ready. If height is an issue, I would just do some more training/lst. Hope this helps. Good luck bro!

Thanks NEPharmer, I am going to wait a little longer and try to introduce them 1 at a time into the room so I can harvest them 1 or 2 at a time. I am not too worried about the height at this point as my flower room has an 8 foot ceiling so I should be good.
:peace:

Mary_Limo_013.JPG

Mary_Limo_014.JPG

Mary_Limo_015.JPG

Are those little "hairs" what I am looking for in determining sex / pre-flower?

Mary_Limo_016.JPG

Mary_Limo_017.JPG

Mary_Limo_018.JPG

I watered this Blue Mystic #4 yesterday and last night she grew so much I think she got heat stressed at the top where she was reaching for the light. Those long reaching leaves look like they got short and curly over night!

Mary_Limo_019.JPG

Mary_Limo_020.JPG

Mary_Limo_021.JPG

Mary_Limo_022.JPG

Mary_Limo_023.JPG

Mary_Limo_024.JPG

Mary_Limo_025.JPG

Mary_Limo_026.JPG

So NEPharmer brought up a good point and I realized I was lacking in determining sex which I need before flowering to avoid stress. I think I am seeing pre flowering going on but I am not all sure so I tried to get some close up shots of differnt plants, especially my 2 tall Blue Mystics. Are those little white "hairs" what I am looking for or the tight grouping of thin leaves that are clustering together almost looking like they want to become buds?
10 of my plants were started on January 24th so I belive they are just over 2 months old, the Aurora's are still a little short of 2 months but I want to see them grow a little more before I even think about flowering. I am just wondering if the 2 Blue Mystics are ready as I think I see pre flowers on them. Any help in that regard would be appreciated.

Mary_Limo_015.JPG

Are those little "hairs" what I am looking for in determining sex / pre-flower?
Yes, the yellow/white hair in the "armpit" of the sprig.

I watered this Blue Mystic #4 yesterday and last night she grew so much I think she got heat stressed at the top where she was reaching for the light. Those long reaching leaves look like they got short and curly over night!
Possibly, they look still overwatered, so they can't regulate transpiration as well as they would like. A bit of wind should help with that. Growing under those lights you won't need to water them that much.
Plants depend on climate mostly for water and elements transportation, like temperature, pressure , humidity soil and air, light. They can tune a bit, but not that much like we can. Though drinking too much water will also kill you.

Mary_Limo_025.JPG

Mary_Limo_026.JPG

So NEPharmer brought up a good point and I realized I was lacking in determining sex which I need before flowering to avoid stress. I think I am seeing pre flowering going on but I am not all sure so I tried to get some close up shots of differnt plants, especially my 2 tall Blue Mystics. Are those little white "hairs" what I am looking for or the tight grouping of thin leaves that are clustering together almost looking like they want to become buds?
10 of my plants were started on January 24th so I belive they are just over 2 months old, the Aurora's are still a little short of 2 months but I want to see them grow a little more before I even think about flowering. I am just wondering if the 2 Blue Mystics are ready as I think I see pre flowers on them. Any help in that regard would be appreciated.

To start with, I think those 2 or that 1 plant looks most healthy, take their example.
They also look more happy in general. When starting nutrients i would still give them only nutrients for growing and maybe some non NPK containing plant goodies.

I think genetics characteristics are more important to determine age of maturity for each strain.
As far as i know average for most strains is like 6 weeks for them to reach maturity.
Examples for thai plant, I had plants after sprouting for 2-3 weeks on 18/6 hours. It took them 3-4 weeks during the 12 light hours cycle to show gender for to separate males from females.
For super skunk, it took them 3 weeks 18 hours, then 1 week about 15 hours daylight, and 1 week 12 hours daylight for them to show gender, so about 5 weeks.

Apart from genetic differences, there are differences as you say about you and your brother, between each plant within the same genetics that counts too. Sometimes a lot, specially when accidentally creating seeds or growing from unknown, unproven seeds. Seed company seeds, are usually a bit more consequent in showing the same growing and in time finishing behavior. Taste smell and effect can differ quite a bit.
Also there is a difference between flowering with clones or using seedlings. In general clones are a bit more mature sooner and a bit more consistent in behavior and results.

I've you'd ask me i would fill the flowering room with all plants you want to flower for more efficiency. But that's totally up to you, what might help you learning stuff maybe. Remember plants can overtake other plants, specially between two or more genetics, some go really high an wide, and may partly overtake the smaller bushier ones.

420_Mag_00119.JPG

AI # 1 looks to have handled the transplant well.

420_Mag_00219.JPG

BM #2

420_Mag_00317.JPG

NL #5

420_Mag_00416.JPG

NL 2

420_Mag_00516.JPG

BM #1

420_Mag_00617.JPG

BM #5

420_Mag_00714.JPG

NL #1

420_Mag_00814.JPG

AI #2

420_Mag_00913.JPG

NL #3

420_Mag_01012.JPG

NL #4

420_Mag_01112.JPG

BM #3

420_Mag_01211.JPG

BM #4

420_Mag_0139.JPG

A few of these are new transplants, others have been in for a week or so.

420_Mag_0147.JPG

New transplants

Last night I made an executive decision and moved Blue Mystic 3 and 4 into the flower room as I thought through research that they were ready. I am probably going to wait another week or so and add another 1 or 2 as I nurse some of them back to health.

Possibly, they look still overwatered, so they can't regulate transpiration as well as they would like.

phdtje, I think some of them may have been over watered too. One thing I thought at the begining is that you had to let them dry out and then rehydrate which i think hurt me out of the gate. Someone else pointed out when they are young you do not want to let them dry out but later in their life cycle you do. I am sure some of these are still overwatered, one of them when I pulled it out of th e1 gallon pot had a slight odor to the roots so I am going to try to let them go through a dryer spell now that they are in the larger buckets. I think I need to take each plant on its own like I mentioned the other day, diagnosing the issues that arise individually as opposed to the shot gun approach I have been using.

420_Mag_00120.JPG

Flower Room

420_Mag_00220.JPG

Blue Mystic #4 grew 6 inches since I moved her into Flower room 5 days ago.

420_Mag_00318.JPG

These Blue Mystics in the Flower room really do have a neutral smell. But if you get real close you can smell something really dank and pungent, different from the smell in veg, it is nice.

420_Mag_00417.JPG

Blue Mystic 2 is really getting a wide canopy, all 3 of the BM's I LST'd are getting big and wide, need to make some more room here soon.

420_Mag_00517.JPG

Aurora Indica #2

420_Mag_00618.JPG

NL #4 I may bend her a bit more if I do not flower her later this week. I think i am going to try to move 2 Northern Lights into Flower this Thursday to make some more room in veg.

420_Mag_00715.JPG

BM #1 I hope she has some nice tops, definitley has the potential.

420_Mag_00815.JPG

BM #5 gives you an idea how much space these bent Blue Mystics take up on my small table(4 feet wide and 2 feet deep is the table).

420_Mag_00914.JPG

NL # 1

420_Mag_01013.JPG

NL #5

420_Mag_01113.JPG

NL#3

420_Mag_01212.JPG

Aurora Indica #2

I guess I forgot to take a pic of NL#2 as she isa the only one missing from what I can tell.

When I was at the grow shop the owner suggested using some "Big Up Powder" 0-33-23 that is supposed to stimulate or help initiate the flowering ccyle and you are supposed to give a 1/2 teaspoon per gallon on the first water in the flower room and then 1 teaspoon when there is 3 weeks left and 2 teaspoons when 2 weeks left. Supposedly he saw a major difference in the yield using it with the General Organics nutes. He said he gives the plants 1/2 nute solution when he uses this stuff.

I think the plants are looking much better and filling out. I was out of town for 2 nights and so some got a bit dried out which I think helped quite a bit so I settled down and only watered the ones I thought had the lightest, dryest buckets. I am going to let them dry out quite a bit more now before i hit them with water.

This is my first post ever on this site and I hope it can help you. I have experience in the Blue mystic strain and love it as it has a low smell while growing, grows like a weed (pun intended), and tastes wonderfully exotic in a natural tobacco leaf. I have worked with BM for almost two years now and i have done other strains but you WILL ALWAYS FIND BM in my grow. One piece of advice if you dont mind Fim and top often as well as cut plenty if clones, BM loves to branch out everywhere if allowed to and will reward you plenty for doing so. I usually veg for 4 months LST and fimming the whole way. They usually end up 22 - 30 inches tall. and with proper low stress training can be 3 1/2 feet wide with a level canopy. Great Yeilds this way. this is a very resiliant strain that i have seen fight through mites, root rot, and fungus gnats (recently delved into soil growing). looking good so far keep it up. And nice setup i see you aint messing around go hard or go home farmers. I will be watching this grow if i can figure out how to watch a thread, LOl. anyway if you have any ?'s i am more than happy to help. Peace:popcorn:

I will be watching this grow if i can figure out how to watch a thread, LOl. anyway if you have any ?'s i am more than happy to help. Peace

Hey Buju, thanks for stopping by. I appreciate everything you said about Blue Mystic and am sure i will have some questions for you as I get going further into this deal. I love the way they are going right now and am hoping I have the same results you are having. Low smell and exotic taste is what I am hoping for! I have been vegging these babies for 2 and 1/2 months and will veg the last 2 BM's for another week. I am limited to plant numbers for now as I am a medical grower but I am hoping my wifes doc will give her a card too and then I will be able to manage my rooms a little better. Because of the size of the Blue Mystics I may not clone them this go around but I may have to rethink this as I may keep one for a mother for now as you said you veg for 4 months. They keep growing and I am tight on space as I put them all in big buckets but I think I may be OK If I keep 3 plants, 1 of each strain as mothers right now. I want to do bonsai mothers in future to manage the garden a little better once I am allowed to have plants total.

How much are you yielding for each Blue Mystic plant Buju?

420_Mag_00121.JPG

Flower room

420_Mag_00221.JPG

Blue Mystic 2 weeks into flower showing some flowers:)

420_Mag_00319.JPG

420_Mag_00418.JPG

420_Mag_00518.JPG

420_Mag_00619.JPG

All of the baby buds are from Blue Mystic 3 and 4 that are 2 weeks into flower

420_Mag_00716.JPG

Crowded veg table before I moved NL and 5 into flower room

420_Mag_00816.JPG

420_Mag_00915.JPG

Blue Mystic 3 now 39 inches tall

420_Mag_01014.JPG

BM # 4 now 43 inches tall

420_Mag_01114.JPG

BM #1 is so wide and bushy it is hard to tell where she starts and ends! Been in flower for a week.

420_Mag_01213.JPG

NL#2 been in flower for a week

420_Mag_01310.JPG

NL #5 moved into flower today at 19 inches tall

420_Mag_0148.JPG

NL #4 put into flower room today at 18 inches tall.

420_Mag_0155.JPG

BM #5

420_Mag_0164.JPG

NL #3 is now sandwiched in between my 2 last vegging Blue Mystics.

420_Mag_0173.JPG

BM #2 I put on the ground for the pic as it is hard to appreciate how well they are taking to LST when onthe table. Nice bush:)

420_Mag_0181.JPG

NL#1

420_Mag_0191.JPG

Aurora Indica # 2

420_Mag_0201.JPG

A I #1

I now have 6 plants in the flower room and 6 still in veg and am debating what to do next. I am thinking I will possibly move 1 of my Northern lights into the flower room next week, then wait another week to put 1 more Blue Mystic in and then 1 more week and introduce an Aurora Indica into the flower room. That way I will have 3 plants that I can take clones of in each strain. I really would like to speed up the process and growing from seed is taking a long time. I do want to start some from seed to raise some space friendly mothers however and figure I can do that if I get another card. My ultimate goal is to have a perpetual harvest and be able to take 1-2 plants a week to balance my med's and get a good flow to the room.

Thanks for all of you help!

Looking very nice Gr8ful, :tommy:
So about 6 plants into flowering, blue mystic and nlx, I've never grown either of them. They look nice.

To go back to that question about watering, and the answer someone gave you about not letting dry out in young stage, but let them get dry at least on time in adult stage, i agree i think.
In young stage it can be fatal to growth, specially root growth i think. I had 1 - 2 weeks old plants drying out two times in that period, very under developed root system, also due to lacking good soil balance.
In adult stage, as far as i found out, they bounce back very nicely after a dry period. like they make up for the dry period. And just for my own philosophy, plants with some "life experience" go better and taste better later. Plants that have the same every day taste dull.

Those showing flowers are in their accelerated growth stage so they should consume a lot of N. They will consume more of the rest when they will develop bigger flowers and node growth reduces or stagnates. that's the moment where you should reduce the N and increase the other. Add more flower nutrients or add only flower nutrients.
It's true they take up more phosphor and potassium in later phase, about indeed 3 to 4 weeks before harvest.
To add it in the beginning, depends on your base nutrients, you could also just add more or just only flowering nutrients, which does exactly the same, re balancing the nutrients for more flowering needs.
This also depends very much on strain and on a bit on plant type within one strain, specially broad crossings. Some seeds are more a like, some very different in the same genetics, depends on origins of the strain of course.

I wouldn't force them into flowering by adding different NPK balance, i think it's not a bad to let the plants have their ways. Some plants want to grow, some flower earlier, and finish quick, usually giving less per plant. Tall plants which keep asking for N, could flower for much longer time than expected, but give very nice yields.
It's a bit up to you. I often go in between, give them what they need, but if it takes to long for them to finish, I start shifting the balance of vegetative and flowering nutrients.

But look at this also, i reckon you didn't increase nutrients, but plants grew nicely, so they have about the correct dosage. Could get more later could get less for others, if they still have to much. Still watch out for those burned tips. In my experience when they had about half their flowering period, so really going to later adult ( after midlife crisis ) age, they can take more burned tips.

Nutrient dosage and balance in general varies some to a lot between kind of different strains. Bigger plants often want a bit more nutrients, often bit more nitrogen. If they have longer flower periods for example. Sometimes they don't need it in the beginning, but could take up more later on in their lives.
Foliage looks dense enough i think. Sometimes a bit to dense is not what's needed, this is 100% always a bit too much of N.
Remember, NPK's are most important. Second comes Ca+ and Mg+, in flowering also S+ ( sulfide ) plays a bit more role.

Temporal lock out, is actually the time when when having unbalance in soil, causes crappy nutrient up take, plant cant do much due to chemical attributes in the soil, too much P causes pH to keep dropping, doens't help for them, since they need higher pH to take more up, even to store the excesses in the leaves. Also some ions can be chemically bound, which just takes away your needed ions for the plant.
A good soil buffer definitely helps with that like big pots, also i think more clay and organic substance ( wood and stuff ) in soil also helps creating nutrients and water buffer.
In hydro case, you can easier re balance the plant.

I think you should go on like this, it is going to be very nice. :tokin:
now you can also see nutrient and water uptake difference for the other lamps compared to the veg room lamps.

Hey bro, its been a little while since Ivve been able to check up on your grow. Things are looking great, really healthy! Also, great job on spreading out he BM's, they will reward you with a much better yeild now. LSTing is a great way to creat a nice even canopy of tops. I recently harvested my plants, I LST'd the plant that I entered in yhe plant of the month contest and managed to get her to grow about 10 big chunkey tops. Your well on your way now, itsbeen great to watch you learn, keep it up, not too much longer till your first harvest! It mst be a great feeling for you to see your first buds starting to grow!
Peace,
NEPharmer

I wouldn't force them into flowering by adding different NPK balance...

Temporal lock out, is actually the time when when having unbalance in soil, causes crappy nutrient up take...

:scratchinghead:
I'm sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't force MJ into flowering with nutes!!! During vegetative stage, plants will show pre-flowers when they reach sexual maturity. They will start flowering with changes in the photoperiod, NOT NUTRIENTS!!!! Cannabis uses a photoreceptor protein to sense the changes in daylight length which triggest flowering.

There is NO SUCH THING as "temporal lock out". What you're actually talking about is pH lock-out.

I would suggest that you learn some things about growing plants before you state your OPINIONS as FACTS.

I'm sorry but if I don't know something, I don't pretend that I do.

How much are you yielding for each Blue Mystic plant Buju?

hey gr8 one LOL. i am averaging with good health on trees vegged for four months, between 4 and 6 ounces. :cheer: however the last batch of mystic, 4 ladies all got root rot and that got me just over a ounce between the four. my advice remains sted fast that if you top and fim the hell out of those things and also lst them as they grow you will end up with multiple tops and that = a great harvest.
Also i see you noted you may be bonzai'in the next batch not a bad Idea at all. the way i do it is by gently snapping the limbs so the plants grow more horizontale than verticle, but at the end of the day they still like to stretch. i was using a scrog method on my previous harvest but this time around i am trying a product called Bush Master by Hombolt Counties Own (previously on the market as Bonsai coincidence?). I have to say it is working! No stretch what so ever. The stuff isn't the healthiest stuff to put into your nute mix but i have only been using 2 1/2 ML per 5 gallon DWC during the switch from 24/7 to 12/12 with a very weak BC flowering solution under 600 PPM, and it is only used for 5 days then i gradually increase the nutes to 900 - 1100 depending on the individual plant. Blue mystic can handle nutes very well but is finicky about P.H so it is kept at 5.9 - 6.1 in veg and 6.0 - 6.4 in flower.
I know you didn't ask for the last bit of info but hpefully it helps. Keep up the good work, things are looking good in your grow and you will be happy with the results!! Peace.

P.S Can any of you nice folk explain to me how to follow a grow? is it like i think where i will be updated on new posts or do i have to manually look up the thread every time i log in?

Man you've come a LONG way since you started.
Thanks Hemp, had a lot of guidance from you and the other guy's!

now you can also see nutrient and water uptake difference for the other lamps compared to the veg room lamps.
phdtje, I can definitley see a difference in the water consumption with th eBlue Mystic and the Aurora Indica, the Northern Lights is a light drinker. Nutes are pretty much going like th emanufacture says, I know you can bump them up to a higher dose as it says on the bottle but I have stuck to the light side. Also when I did th e"Big Up" Powder to induce flowering I backed off to 1/2 nutes. I used that stuff as my grow shop guy told me it worked wonders for him. I prbably should have fed it to one and not the other but I was greedy I guess!

It mst be a great feeling for you to see your first buds starting to grow!
NEPharmer, it is a great feeling and I am really appreciating all of your help as well. I have been out of contact for a while as i have had to work a littlemore this week due to an employee having family issues. I will try to find photo's of your chunky LST tops, congrats on the award:)

I know you didn't ask for the last bit of info but hpefully it helps. Keep up the good work, things are looking good in your grow and you will be happy with the results!! Peace.
Buju, thanks for the info, I appreciate your experinence with th eBlue Mystic as I am going ot grow that for a while I believe. I chose the 3 strains I did due to lack of smell when growing and their short flower cycle, grow height, etc. Any and all info is appreciated!

P.S Can any of you nice folk explain to me how to follow a grow? is it like i think where i will be updated on new posts or do i have to manually look up the thread every time i log in?
Buju, when you first come to 420mag website in the upper right you will see your screen name. If you click on that it will take you to your "Home Page" (not the right term but you get the point) and if you click on "Statistics" you can click on the link that says "Find all posts by Buju" and that should show you all the posts you made on different peoples journals or commments. There is probably an easier way but I am just learning this website too! I hope that helps and thank you very much for following my grow!

420_Mag_00122.JPG

Last Blue Mystic in Veg room and 1 of my Aurora's.

420_Mag_00222.JPG

Northern lights and Aurora waiting for their day in the flower room.

420_Mag_00320.JPG

Pic of flower room from the veg room. Getting kind of tight to move around in there. Trying to keep the plants right under the lights but might start to spread them out a bit more to see how they do.

420_Mag_00419.JPG

This is one of the Blue Mystic tops from the 2 plants I did not LST. This lady is over 4 feet tall and is a big bushy plant.

420_Mag_00519.JPG

This is the other Blue Mystic, top is pretty filled up considering I moved her into the flower room 3 weeks ago toady!

420_Mag_00620.JPG

This is the top from the plant above, looking nice!!

420_Mag_00717.JPG

I love this picture, can not wait to smoke this bud!

420_Mag_00817.JPG

This is a top of Northern Lights plant that has been in Flower for 2 weeks, the buds are developing slower than the Blue Mystics.

420_Mag_00916.JPG

This is one of the topos of the blue mystic below that I LST'd and she has been in the flowr room for 2 weeks.

420_Mag_01015.JPG

Full shot of Blue Mystic, 3 or 4 can not remember but she has been flowering for 3 weeks.

420_Mag_01115.JPG

This is the 2 week old Blue Mystic that has the little buds on her tops shown in the photo 2 shots above this one.

Well things are looking better everyday, Blue Mystic 3 and 4 which are 3 weeks into flower room are very exciting to see every morning and night when I check on them. I love seeing the progress. I still have some issues with one of my NL and 1 Aurora, have squiggly leaves on top kind of curling. I will try to take a pic of it soon to post but all of the other ones are looking pretty good. The one Blue Mystic that is 2 weeks in that you can see in the pick above is a little lighter green than the 3 week old BM's that I did not LST. Not sure why, stress? Supposed to be low stress training but who knows?

Thanks again for all the help and comments, advice etc. I really appreciate it, could not have gottent this far with out you all:)

420_Mag_00123.JPG

Flower room picture

420_Mag_00223.JPG

I can not remember who mentioned this, Hemp or NEPharmer I think but I wish I had the numbers to be able to have cloned all these ladies as this Blue Mystic plant has a much fuller cola than the one below, I would imagine it will be a bigger yielder. All of the bud sites are bigger than little sis with same number of days in the flower room.

420_Mag_00321.JPG

This is a beautiful cola as well but not as full or mature as the one above. Hard to tell from this picture though.

420_Mag_00420.JPG

Norther Lights getting some love from the gods, looking better and bud sites forming.

420_Mag_00520.JPG

Blue Mystic with beaucoup tops and a huge foot print due to LST.

420_Mag_00621.JPG

NL #1 in Veg

420_Mag_00718.JPG

Big Blue Mystic and bushy Aurora Indica in Veg room

420_Mag_00818.JPG

This vegging Blue Mystic is so big I had to lower the table height by a foot and give her her own 2x4 table and 8 bulb T-5 all to her self!

420_Mag_00917.JPG

This Aurora is getting big too, over 3 foot tall including bucket. Lowered the other table so she could fit under the 4 bulb t5 with the NL#1

420_Mag_01016.JPG

This Aurora has been curly and yellow tips for a while. Anyone know what is wrong with her?

420_Mag_01116.JPG

Lowered table by a foot, this is NL#1 and AI in veg, will hopefully be able to make them last until I start to harvest so I can take some clones and stay at 12 plants or under.

420_Mag_01311.JPG

This Blue Mystic pretty much takes up the whole table under an 8 tube T-5.

I think I can manage a nice steady supply of meds for myself with just 12 plants but if the wife gets her card we will defintley be able to manage a better garden. I like the idea of vegging for a while and having bigger plants that yiled a little more. If I could have 8 in flower, 3 for mothers and split the other 13 between clones and vegging and my room would be full. Right now I started them all basically at the same time and the plants are huge, need to figure out the best way to manage the room. Things are looking good so I am not complaining, just trying to figure this whole thing out. I am also thinking of using like graph paper or maybe excel spreadsheet to try to accurately follow how much / oftent they drink and follow the stats beeter. Right now I have this journal and a written one that i use and it is ok but not able to look at something and see each plant and follow it in an orderly manner. I think my anal retentiveness is probably a good thing for this hobby, need to know how to harness this annoying characteristic that I posses. My wife hates it but I think my plants will appreciate it!

looking very nice still Medhead.:party:
The vegging plants are getting quite big indeed. You can make some clones out of them or just cut them to smaller size if needed.

For watering weighing buckets also works nice.

Usually in your 4th and 5th week before harvest, when big flower production starts they could take a bit more nutrients in my experience, specially flowering nutrients.
But pay attention, we cant see it from HPS lightning pics, but there could still be some excess left in the soil. If you think they'll need it, raise slowly, and drop back if too much.

Maybe you should lower or adjust nutrients for veg plants a bit to have the top yellowed leaves disappear. It's definitely too much of something. For me looks like potassium, often some other element ( due to complete fertilizer ) slightly less causes excesses too, hardly noticeable due to one element causing the most discoloring.
But plants grow well, some growing maybe a bit less than their potential. I'm having ups and downs here also, bit too less, bit too much. Best way is too keep it stable, plant uses more when getting bigger. Cant have it right all the time, and first time is a lot of experiencing.
For me the first time with empty soil, except for potassium, clearly enough.
I think reusing, it's good do some fertilizing in advanced before planting, maybe even a month before planting.

You now also know about the amounts of nutrient differences between strains. I think it's often very important in the beginning stage of growing to have that in OK balance, OK is enough, it's not rocket science. After plants get in their adult middle flowering period, which can be quick for indica, and can take a long time for sativa, the consumption of nutrient amounts is not too different. Balance in elements can still differ a lot. Generally but not exact, for indica's get take more P and K, sativa's generally more N.
One 100% sativa, didn't take much flowering nutrients at all.
Remember, there isn't much difference in flowering and growing nutrients among various elements, the most important re-balancing is done by, changing N, P and K amounts. A thing that can be easily done by a medium experienced grower.

Back
Top Bottom