Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

That is cool. I watched the video earlier today...... can't buy a press, I would never stop squeezing.

Cool, that it may improve your yield. Are you going to do further testing, or are you going with this being a definitive result?

That is cool. I watched the video earlier today...... can't buy a press, I would never stop squeezing.

Cool, that it may improve your yield. Are you going to do further testing, or are you going with this being a definitive result?

I’m sold. It takes a little longer to fill the pouch, but it’s a decent amount of increase. I’m pretty high at the moment.

Okay! Thanks to @Rich Farmer for giving me a heads-up on the “Bottle Tech” yesterday. Naturally, I had to try it to see if there’s much of a difference.

I tried to make it as even as possible. I measured out as close to 5 grams as possible for each. Once again, I’m using my very own GG4...it’s good weed!

The “bottle tech” bag ended up with 5.04 grams and the “flat tech” (I just made that up) got 5.08 grams:

I did a pre-press on both bags:

I then smashed both bags the way I normally do, with my PID set to 225F (again, not sure how accurate Both of them had nice Ooze colors, but even with my calibrated eye, I could not tell a difference in product weight just by looking at it.

My first observations were...the bottle tech bag had a blowout. I’m very scientific like that...
However, not too much in the way of contaminants so all is good.

Then, it was simply a matter of gathering each and weighing them out:

Conclusions: Even with the blowout, the bottle tech achieved the higher yield. I’ll take a 1.66 gram return on 5.04 grams (33%) all day long. The “flat tech” isn’t bad, but if I can “squeeze” a tiny bit more then why not...right?

Nice work GT! Very thorough! Wow you got more from less flower using bottle tech. I don't think I'll try any other way. They did say blow out is possible and gave some tips. I'll try to find the video again. Obviously dont over pack and second one i remember is when u squish if it starts to bulge on one side to release pressure and realign. Cant wait to try Thanks GT

:passitleft:

I think I'll be going to harbor freight tomorrow for a press assuming I get shipping confirmation tonight

Learning something new everyday. Thanks GT.

Thanks! I’m still drooling over that bubble you made bud. I do miss the taste of some good bubble hash. I may have to do run for old times sake. Yummy!

That squish oil looks great gramps!!!! Absolutely killin it!!! :goodjob:

Thanks Scottay!

Nice job GT. Always enjoy the tutorials. Got to get me a press going

Thanks @Derbybud I started with a hair straightener just squeezing small buds in parchment.

Nice work GT! Very thorough! Wow you got more from less flower using bottle tech. I don't think I'll try any other way. They did say blow out is possible and gave some tips. I'll try to find the video again. Obviously dont over pack and second one i remember is when u squish if it starts to bulge on one side to release pressure and realign. Cant wait to try Thanks GT

:passitleft:

I think I'll be going to harbor freight tomorrow for a press assuming I get shipping confirmation tonight

Thank you! If you need any help just let me know. You’re going to love it.

Manure-powered of course :).
I got that covered

Hahaha!

Site sponsor DABPRESS is sending out a pair of their 3x5 plates. Should be in either tomorrow or early next week. Have to go pick up that 6 ton press soon. I'm low on product but today should have some deals. I'll try to buy some moist stuff for squish trials. More to come. Thanks for starting this informative thread Gramps!

DIY Rosin Cube Kit , Rosin Presses , Magnet Load Rack For Sale!

Site sponsor DABPRESS is sending out a pair of their 3x5 plates. Should be in either tomorrow or early next week. Have to go pick up that 6 ton press soon. I'm low on product but today should have some deals. I'll try to buy some moist stuff for squish trials. More to come. Thanks for starting this informative thread Gramps! DIY Rosin Cube Kit , Rosin Presses , Magnet Load Rack For Sale!
I've read the the 20 ton press is a much better value if you can spring for the $100 or so.

Thanks ITS, I have a coupon so the 6 ton comes to around $60+ from $77. I would much prefer a 12 or 20 ton press but I live in a tiny apt and even this table top 6 ton is pushing it in size. Here is what Roger at DABPRESS has to say.

"6 ton press is 12000 pound;
3x5" is 15 squre inch
So PSI=800

However a pressed puck is smaller than the plates, Usually it is 1-2 square inch.
Final PSI=2000-4000PSI, It is pefect pressure for best yield."

Hope it works!

Thanks ITS, I have a coupon so the 6 ton comes to around $60+ from $77. I would much prefer a 12 or 20 ton press but I live in a tiny apt and even this table top 6 ton is pushing it in size. Here is what Roger at DABPRESS has to say.
"6 ton press is 12000 pound;
3x5" is 15 squre inch
So PSI=800
However a pressed puck is smaller than the plates, Usually it is 1-2 square inch.
Final PSI=2000-4000PSI, It is pefect pressure for best yield."
Hope it works!
Thanks Rich, I'm sure it will. Post pics!

Site sponsor DABPRESS is sending out a pair of their 3x5 plates. Should be in either tomorrow or early next week. Have to go pick up that 6 ton press soon. I'm low on product but today should have some deals. I'll try to buy some moist stuff for squish trials. More to come. Thanks for starting this informative thread Gramps!

DIY Rosin Cube Kit , Rosin Presses , Magnet Load Rack For Sale!
How dare you give me more to add to the toy list.....I've never even smoked rosin. What a sad excuse for a dabber :rolleyes:

Thanks Rich, I'm sure it will. Post pics!

I will for sure. They have this really cool 3x7 caged plates, Roger highly recommends those but they work best on the 12 or 20 H frame press. No alignment needed, they look so nice. If you can fit a shop press in your place then those are the way to go. I know they have bench top 12 and 20 but the prices! o_O Maybe one day.

How dare you give me more to add to the toy list.....I've never even smoked rosin. What a sad excuse for a dabber :rolleyes:

I can't say I have either but it's seems a lot better then any other method. I'll probably continue Etoh washes for the pucks and trim but This should make dabbing a whole lot easier and perhaps tastier?? I plan to use the rosin to make ejuice and dabs and I'll use my washes for edible or something.

Start creating the story about why you need a press so you can convince Mrs Dab! Mashing baby food probably won't work any more...
LOL!

I can't say I have either but it's seems a lot better then any other method. I'll probably continue Etoh washes for the pucks and trim but This should make dabbing a whole lot easier and perhaps tastier?? I plan to use the rosin to make ejuice and dabs and I'll use my washes for edible or something.

That’s pretty much what I do. I fresh freeze my trim for the alcohol extract. Squeezing buds is just too easy.

Not so easy on the pocket book to get started.... there's a few dudes around here with presses. I just need to make some friends.....

Back
Top Bottom