Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 47
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 41
Barney's Pineapple Express @ 5

Today I removed the glass over the Pineapple express. RH is hovering in the low 50s so I feel that the PE will live. It's about 2" tall. I always worry about the glass over the seeding with the lights....don't want to cook it.

The HK and BB are getting 500ml of CaMg water pH 6.2

The HK is going to take over the tent. It put another inch on last night. Lights are at 20" and I have about 6" more of up space so I can handle about 10" more out of the HK (scary thought). Lights are still at 155-160w.

The Pineapple Express best be a small cola plant...if it gets big like either of these I am in a pickle.

Right now, I guess the BB is going to be 35g, the HK 75-100g, and the PE 20g (swag on that one). Might actually hit a gram a watt on the BB and HK together.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 47
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 41
Barney's Pineapple Express @ 5

The HK is going to take over the tent. It put another inch on last night. Lights are at 20" and I have about 6" more of up space so I can handle about 10" more out of the HK (scary thought). Lights are still at 155-160w.

If you grow the HK again it looks like a serious candidate for some LST-love to keep it in line with whatever else you have in the tent!

Hi Nobody. Autos sound great. I might get some seeds. Pity about the boys but I know what you mean about learning stuff you wouldn't have without doing it. I learned that they count the flowering time from when they start to flower not from when you flip. No one tells you these things :thumb: Looking good :cheer:

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 49
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 43
Barney's Pineapple Express @ 7

Blueberry-A lot happened in 2 days, and I have some issues going on with the Blueberry. The Blueberry had some yellowing leaves, those were removed, but I noticed some stuff on other leaves (next two photos). Looks like Ca to me based on other web photos.

I thought I should check the calibration of my pH pen. I calibrated it during the first grow. Well, it was off on the 7.0 calibration by nearly 1.8. Shit. Re-cal pen, and gave 1.25l of correct pH RO water. I wanted to give more but the pot was still pretty heavy from previous feeding. Think I may skip a feeding and go with water only for a few days. I don't think it will need anything again till maybe wed/thurs.

I assume that will prevent things from getting worse, but if you think I missed something, chime in.

Hindu Kush-pot was light, this one is taking up fluid like crazy, I fed it according to the FF 7 week soil schedule. It got a 2liters with 7.5ml of Big bloom, 5ml of Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, and half a small scoop of the Beastie Blooms. Hopefully the phosphate will fill these blooms out! I see weight and size daily, but it's a slow plant (prob a good thing that I can get the BB out wayyyyy before). I think it will get another liter of the same on Wednesday.

I rearranged the fans in the tent so I could raise lights, right now there 23" off the Hindu Kush, and nearly 30" off the Blueberry. Still using both citi and osram at about 160w. Would like to raise the wattage up, but want to resolve the blueberry issue first. I still have about 2-3" in light upward movement, so I think I am good. 160w does not sound like much light but damn it's bright and still pretty high on the el cheapo light meter.

:Namaste:

Damaged leaves on Blueberry
IMG_230541.jpg
IMG_230633.jpg

The pineapple express is coming along. it got a couple ounces of pH RO.
IMG_231125.jpg

Blueberry
IMG_230730.jpg

Hindu Kush
IMG_230826.jpg
IMG_231028.jpg

Blueberry again
IMG_230923.jpg

The pair
IMG_231232.jpg

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 49
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 43
Barney's Pineapple Express @ 7

Blueberry-A lot happened in 2 days, and I have some issues going on with the Blueberry. The Blueberry had some yellowing leaves, those were removed, but I noticed some stuff on other leaves (next two photos). Looks like Ca to me based on other web photos.

I thought I should check the calibration of my pH pen. I calibrated it during the first grow. Well, it was off on the 7.0 calibration by nearly 1.8. Shit. Re-cal pen, and gave 1.25l of correct pH RO water. I wanted to give more but the pot was still pretty heavy from previous feeding. Think I may skip a feeding and go with water only for a few days. I don't think it will need anything again till maybe wed/thurs.

I assume that will prevent things from getting worse, but if you think I missed something, chime in.

That's a hell of a pH adjustment! I didn't realize those meters could stray that far. When was the last time you calibrated and did you use plain distilled water to dissolve your 7.0 in?

I think that flushing with the correct pH should go a long way in calming down those issues. 1.8 is yuge!

Hi Nobody. Autos sound great. I might get some seeds. Pity about the boys but I know what you mean about learning stuff you wouldn't have without doing it. I learned that they count the flowering time from when they start to flower not from when you flip. No one tells you these things :thumb: Looking good :cheer:

I think you will kill it this time!

That's a hell of a pH adjustment! I didn't realize those meters could stray that far. When was the last time you calibrated and did you use plain distilled water to dissolve your 7.0 in?

I think that flushing with the correct pH should go a long way in calming down those issues. 1.8 is yuge!

I should be really embarrassed about this.

I actually buy individual check solutions for other reasons, their always on hand (4, 7, 8, 10). I check other things monthly, but it did not cross my brain to check the pen. Dumbass me.

Welp that is fixed hopefully...the big mystery factor is can I get the weight of fluid out of the pot to replace with correct fluid by waiting or should I just soak the bitch. I really don't want to soak till I get run off, that would be a lot of water and the plant probably would not need water for another week...lol.

I think the best course of action is to just let evap take place then replace with proper water. I would agree to flush, but the symptoms are only on a few leaves, their symptoms, and it's not systemic yet, so to go drastic might be more harm than is necessary.

Slower changes, watch more.

I should be really embarrassed about this.

I actually buy individual check solutions for other reasons, their always on hand (4, 7, 8, 10). I check other things monthly, but it did not cross my brain to check the pen. Dumbass me.

Welp that is fixed hopefully...the big mystery factor is can I get the weight of fluid out of the pot to replace with correct fluid by waiting or should I just soak the bitch. I really don't want to soak till I get run off, that would be a lot of water and the plant probably would not need water for another week...lol.

I think the best course of action is to just let evap take place then replace with proper water. I would agree to flush, but the symptoms are only on a few leaves, their symptoms, and it's not systemic yet, so to go drastic might be more harm than is necessary.

If you want to train a fan on the fabric pots and the top of the soil you could prob get faster evaporation going to make you more comfortable about a good soaking. You will have to keep an eye on the tent RH as well so you don't add mold issues to the mix!

If you want to train a fan on the fabric pots and the top of the soil you could prob get faster evaporation going to make you more comfortable about a good soaking. You will have to keep an eye on the tent RH as well so you don't add mold issues to the mix!

I have two lower fans, two upper fans, and the filter.

RH goes high after watering, but I have a small dehumidifier in closet (not tent) I could put it in the tent. RH settles around 45, as high as 60 after watering. House is at 55.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 50
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 44
Barney's Pineapple Express @ 8

Happy 4th. Hope it's safe.

Thinking of cracking another pineapple express in about 20 days followed by HSO Auto Colorado Cookies. I am thinking of a single or double cree 4000K setup for a veg area...prob a double and setup so I can run them at around 50w total. Need to think of fabricating a space large enough for a clone tray + a couple 1 gallon buckets. In my quest to have a steady supply of green available...I really need a veg space to keep the queue going. I looked at small veg tents and they are all too large.

looking at
Model 1CL

Blueberry-pot is still heavy, think it needs 3-4 days of no nute/water. The main cola looks beefier so it has put on a little weight. Everything still looks clear through a loop.

Hindu Kush-The buds look a little bigger each day. The pot feels lighter today considerably so take up is still there. Very pretty and healthy plant. I am tempted to defoil a little bit, but most of the sites are still getting decent light.

Since the lights are raised a bit, I upped the wattage by 5w to 165w. Plan to raise by 5w daily to 180w but don't want burn or heat issues. Trying to ease up to help evap while keeping tent temps below 77-78. Tent has been running below 78 pretty much all the time, I realize this is optimal and am trying to get as much light on the plants while not getting temps up there. I realize hour long departures above 78 are probably ok as long as I am not 83-85.

Hope the US group has time to watch some fireworks and :roorrip:.

I think I have what I need to set up a veg area. I have a 2x2 tub, a couple 65w cfls, clamp lights on the side of the tub.

I just need something to 'shield' the tent from light bleed from the veg area. hmmm...

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 51
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 45
Barney's Pineapple Express @ 9

General-lights are now 20" from the Hindu Kush at 185w, so it's still growing up, but slowly. Temps are under 78 for most of the 24 hr period except for maybe an hour in the 78-79 range.

I was in the tent this morning and supercropped the pineapple express with my watering can by accident. I am going to give it a day or two and if it does not recover, start two more of the PE seeds. Actually they might get soaked today.

Member Buck has sprouted a BOG seed, so I am thinking of trying Bogglegum (unsexed photo) again-I have never tried BOG stuff, but heard of it's strength and uniqueness many times. I have a small unenclosed area, a 2x2 hydro tray, 2 clamp lights with 6500K true 65w bulbs. I am thinking that is enough light to veg with and I can use those bulbs for something productive....when they crap I will just order a couple 50w cobs. Hopefully I can keep stuff in flower all the time. I just need to figure out some sort of draping mechanism to keep light from the tray bleeding into the tent when I use the tent for 12/12, but that is 2 months off.

Hindu Kush-pretty dry this morning, I gave it the same mix as two days ago-the FF 7 week soil schedule. It got a 1.25 liters with 7.5ml of Big bloom, 5ml of Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, and half a small scoop of the Beastie Blooms.pH 6.2, 1450ppm. The buds are growing, but slow. I sure hope this does not turn into a plant where all the buds are just larf-it's a freebie seed and I generally expect the worst (lol).

Blueberry-I probed the soil yesterday and today to hopefully improve some circulation. The pot is getting lighter. It was heavy and is slightly under the weight of the Hindu Kush after feeding. The leaves are ugly, but progression has slowed. Hopefully tomorrow I can hit it with some correctly pH'ed water or maybe 200 ppm nutes-CaMg/big bloom. It looks like the buds are still gaining mass, but slowing. I guess this is the stage where metabolism slows, uptake is slowing, etc.

Tent Shot-blueberry on right
IMG_231425.jpg

Blueberry trichomes-no amber, maybe starting to cloud slightly.
IMG_231523.jpg
IMG_231623.jpg

Continuation of today...I fed the HK the remaining 750ml of nutes, so it received a total of 2 liters of nutes.

Tomorrow morning I have time...I think I am going to pull the blueberry and put about 6 liters of pH'ed RO. I want to add something to it so I am not just hitting the roots with nada. Thinking either Flawless finish or CaMg/big bloom. Will probably go with the BB and CaMg mixture...seems tamer.

Damage to the Pineapple Express-it turned up to the light, so we will see what this hot mess does vs 2 other PE I am sprouting.
IMG_231721.jpg

clutz me. I have 2 other Pineapple Express seeds in water at the moment. Tents not crowded enough...ha. I am going to start these in my temp veg area.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 52
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 46
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ 10
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ soaking

Next on deck is another pair of bogglegum plants, I plan to start these in about 25-30 days, also plan to give them a good 8-10 weeks veg like I did last time. Plan on cloning both plants before they go in the flower tent...that way if I get a female, I will have a couple clones to follow up that grow.

PE-the supercropped one still looks decent in the leaves. I assume in the next week we will either see new leaf growth or nada. The pair of seeds soaking have cracked, barely see a tap root.

Hindu Kush-today she got 1 liter of RODI water, pH of 7, I added 3.5ml of Big Bloom and 1ml of CaMg. She is taking water nutes still and figured this would be a great followup on the nutes I gave her yesterday. The buds are very immature at the moment. Trichomes are just appearing. Bud size is either going to be on the smaller side, or this plant is going to take 40 more days...
IMG_232422.jpg

Blueberry-Houston we have a problem. Moved to tub, looked at trichomes and they are still pretty glassy looking and maybe one or two looks opaque, it's still early. I gave 2 gallons of pH7.-7.2 RODI water with only Big Bloom added at a rate of 3tsp per gallon. I got about 500ml of run off and it pH to 4.8. Ugh. No wonder the leaves look like crap. I cut out a few leaves that were fugly. I am going to give another half gallon of the solution today to hopefully get the plant going in the right direction. I would like to give one more feeding maybe this weekend, then just proceed to flush or feed depending on the outcome of that feeding. I will go less on the nutes and higher on the pH for this feeding...maybe just 600ppm or so. I think this plant is going to be very close to it's 70 quoted days. When I look at the volume of the plant, it looks like a good ounce and almost to two...but I still have drying to factor...who knows. Might pinch some to try next week....lol

I would appreciate any input on what I am doing/plan to do.
IMG_232024.jpg
IMG_232219.jpg

Came home from work, gave the blueberry another liter of the big bloom solution, let it run out in the tub some more, did not test pH.

Also gave the HK 250ml of the solution.

I think a big part of the ugly leaves is basically just the plant nearing it's useful life. I need to start reading about drying...I feel like I could have amber as soon as next week. Thinking about cutting when it's cloudy with just about 25% amber.

Thoughts?

I think a big part of the ugly leaves is basically just the plant nearing it's useful life. I need to start reading about drying...I feel like I could have amber as soon as next week. Thinking about cutting when it's cloudy with just about 25% amber.
Thoughts?

Hard to tell from the last pic how orange the pistils are but I'm not seeing a lot of darkening. Still mostly clear trichomes? That top cola looks really nice.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 53
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 47
Barney's Pineapple Express (supercrop oops) @ 11
Barney's Pineapple Express x2 @ soaking

Blueberry-still heavy from the 2.5gallons it got yesterday. I think this plant might have questionable bud quality thanks to me not paying attention to the pH meter. Some of the lower buds have put on more weight in the past few days. Intheshed, i see pistols starting, it's early still, but I think it will be quicker than 2 more weeks. We will see. Don't want to rush it, but also it's not looking too thrilled with the past weeks happenings.
HK-dry pot. Gave a liter of nutes, pH 6.6, 1100ppm~3.5ml Big Bloom, 2ml Grow Big, 3ml Tiger Bloom and a touch of Beastie Blooms. This plant is still in good uptake, so will keep giving nutes and hoping the bud size improves.
PE-Back upright, new leaves look normal, just going to have a kink in her back.
PE Soakers-their in a wet napkin, there will be enough tap root to plant them tomorrow.

More photos tomorrow when I am digging in the tent making room for two new containers-ha.

Tent is staying under 78, range 73-78, have lights at 185w total, I could still crank it more, but I don't think it will do anything other than punish the blueberry (think the HK could take more).

I really want to grow an HK outdoor....too bad I live in a dense urban city.

Back
Top Bottom