Grow Journal

Definitely man just buy a couple boards when you have the $ and they are in stock.. if you go with the 120's all you need is a couple 15$ drivers from ebay I can link you when/if you need and just any old two prong cords from an old appliance just make sure its long enough. Then you can find everything you'd need to hang it for dollars at walmart... all in all you could have you a 120-140W from the wall QB light for 100-105$ I believe they say these lights put off 10,000 lumens each which is very good you definitely arent getting near 10,000 lumens with 60-70W of CFL. 60W of CFL would be around 4800 lumens.
We have a plan. Altho I was eyeing the 288 or 304 qb. We'll see

Thanks and Ill let you know how I like the bags.. they are a bit to big for my grow as the bastards can hold 7 gallons of soil so I probably wont be using them again... however they are only 50 cents each and they are appearing to do the job.

Yep that's fucking awesome! I love a thrifty diy:)

Thanks . ive been a bit lazy but I am flipping tomorrow.. got the light yesterday and prolonged hanging it as I didnt have anything I needed to hang it and didnt want to spend money... ended up using string... Its just a small sheet lol its light im by no means worried as to if itll hold up or not as im sure it will... ive hung plenty of CFL's much heavier than this light with nothing more than string... (though I did once have a bulb fall and burn the shit out of my plant that was a faulty tacks fault dammit it shouldnt of came out the wall .or I shouldnt of been so careless yet I still do it... im a creature of habit I guess... though im positive plenty would never agree with how I choose to hang stuff lmao...
420-magazine-mobile2100232235.jpg
420-magazine-mobile140729580.jpg
420-magazine-mobile520636174.jpg

Again as ive mentioned pictures dont quiet do these lights justice as it focuses and dims it but it really is impressive for what it is... as mentioned before wiring was a breeze... one side directly into the boards molex connectors on the board and the other into an old 2 prong cord im not using.. I just used electrical tape to keep it together... does the job fine just be careful and use plenty of tape to keep the wires apart and the whole thing connected...

We have a plan. Altho I was eyeing the 288 or 304 qb. We'll see

Yeah just get whatever you decide... do take note that you will without a doubt need a heatsink for either the 288 or 304... none the less all of them are excellent lights...

Check out my pics above to see my god awful hanging and all the risks of heavy objects potentially falling on my plants lol.

Health wise they are all doing good... the one plant has a good bit of discolored leaves but ive already corrected that issue and shes growing fine she'll look like new in a week or two. Got some more soil so I can fill in the pots a bit more since some are lacking a bit more than others.

Lookin good man! That light is gorgeous! I'm gonna have to look into one of those lol

We shall see how they preform on my mini grow... since they are the main lighting in such a small area im hoping for decent results... though I do know they are rather small plants so im not expecting anything crazy im just specifically looking for quality from that grow. I used way to much soil which is a regret since the shits so expensive lol but originally I did have three plants in the garbage can so it was justified at the time... Ill still reuse the soil though ill just amend it some before reusing it. But anyhow as I was saying in another 4-6 weeks they will be ready.. and the tent grow should be ready to harvest early December.

Yeah just get whatever you decide... do take note that you will without a doubt need a heatsink for either the 288 or 304... none the less all of them are excellent lights...

Check out my pics above to see my god awful hanging and all the risks of heavy objects potentially falling on my plants lol.
Heat sink is the least of my worries. I'm just excited that you have the light now and trust that you will give ur honest review when the time comes. Really looking forward to see some great results with this thing.

Heat sink is the least of my worries. I'm just excited that you have the light now and trust that you will give ur honest review when the time comes. Really looking forward to see some great results with this thing.

Yeah ill definitely give honest insight. Quantum boards in general get good reviews but these QB120's are pretty new and the 3k models are even newer so you dont really see anything harvest wise with them yet... im tempted to take out the led bulbs from my garbage can to see what the QB120 can do by itself and I may actually do just that...

*One of the big reasons I think the diy QB's have potential is because you can mount the drivers outside the tent place and place a small fan on the panels and easily keep the tent cool since the drivers are easily 75-85% of the heat on those panels if not more... thats not something im interested with right now as winter is coming but the next summer grow if I decide to swap over to entirely QB I will definitely mount my drivers outside of the tent on a wall.

Im not too fond of the prebuilt kits but if you got the money go for it as the money aspect is the big factor for me.. the qb120 65 kit is 99$ and its only offered in the 4k... but my 3k board cost 60$ built and it minds well be the same thing.. just a different driver of your choice. I also do understand that not everyone is a place that offers cheap shipping which can also be a factor when buying multiple items compared to a single item.

That's what I'm gonna have to make sure I keep in mind. Is the shipping and possible customs charges. And I'm thinking like u about the heat. Summer time is gonna have to be a qb for me I think. This time of year I'd like to have something that helps me maintain a bit of heat in the tent. It's not even cold here yet and some days the tent dips to 17 or 19 degrees. Humidity can be up in the 70's when the lights are out. Lights on is never an issue. Quick little fan adjustment and the temp n rh are in check. I'll have to wait and see how I can keep everything dialed in when the snow drops

Hey man can you pm me have a question

Hey you can message me on this thread if you want but you havent unlocked private messaging yet. Gotta hit 50 posts and wait a day or so to get private messaging.

Or if youd rather wait it doesnt take long to unlock private messaging.

Yeah boy . wanted to document when I flipped since my dumbass forgot to mark the day I flipped my other plants... no big deal anyway theyll be finished when they are finished around 55-65 days 12/12.

I'm pumped to see that scrog fill out! I feel like it won't be long until pretty much the whole thing is quite literally a screen of green .

Ok cool man its all good just was wondering how you get that massive collection of unique seeds

That wasnt me lol that was pennywise I was just commenting on it... I personally have no seeds whatsoever haha... which I had mentioned in the other thread I was the one saying ive been cloning the same bean I popped a year ago.. I originally purchased three and sadly the two shark widows I bought never germinated but thankfully my freebie special queen did..

One thing I recommend is if you cant afford to buy beans online just germinate 5-10 bag seeds and clone the females be sure to label them though so you only keep the good genetics as some may hermie or whatever... but slowly but surely youll find plenty of plants you like and just keep cloning them... just pop another bean or two every month or so and be careful to toss males... now If you have 30-40$ you can buy a handful of fem seeds photos and autos from the right seed bank during the right promotions... I know seedsman offers good promos that people brag about... single seed centre is good if you want to purchase a few cheap seeds.. I love my special queen and she is only around 3$ a seed maybe less in packs plus the 10-15$ shipping or so they charge. There are tons of fem beans that go for 3-6$ a bean that are fine genetics and lovely smoke.

Also once you hit 50 posts PM me and ill give you some more advice when it comes to cheap/free beans.. like I mentioned earlier it can take 24 hours after the 50th post. But yeah I have no problem giving you some insight.. you dont need as many beans as him you just need one good one to start ideally and you clone that strain master it get the yields and quality down pact then move on... every plant grows differently so it really is best to pace yourself and stick with a nice beginner strain or two at first atleast for a couple grows

Back
Top Bottom