Grow Journal

Man the bugs are taking over there's never been so many good breeding grounds.

Man its the large spiders and any caterpillars that get me... I dont mind the small ones infact I know where a few are at any given time in my home lol usually let them chill on my outdoor plants too... Its the big ones that I dont like and I do find one every week or two lol

Heres my garbage can grow pics just to keep it going... the plants are doing great... EXTREMELY FRUITY... maybe im going crazy but it just smells more fruity then I remember it usually has a pretty even fruit/kush smell but idk im sure the kush smell will gradually increase as they age... couple small issues with the leaves but im not worried. the bulk are doing great and the soil has plenty of nutes in it to last them until harvest on top of everything so they wont be getting any bottled nutes... maybe some protekt but thats it most likely.
420-magazine-mobile723235636.jpg
420-magazine-mobile731624188.jpg
420-magazine-mobile797722288.jpg
slight tacoing on some leaves and im going to assume that has to do with how close my QB120 is as its not even a foot away... Im sure she will adapt though cause im going as low as possible... I did decide to still use the bulb LED's as well.. Im seeing qb120 journals pop up so im not to worried im just looking for the best quantity/quality for the size plants im working with.

They are going to fatten up nicely at the rate they are going though im sure of it .

Im not looking for a gram per watt this small grow... not sure what to expect due to the small space and even smaller plants but id like somewhere around 40-60G of quality smoke... not sure if thats going to be realistic or not but ill see.

Looks good to me it's my favorite stage trichs are fresh and shiny and pistils bright white standing up like puff balls

Definitely agree, this is when the plants look the best overall... as they get older the plants themselves dont look so good just the buds lol.

Can you give me a little rundown of this garbage can grow...guessing sorta like a spa ce bucket only deeper? Sry if this seems like a stupid question...regardles of what its in looks awesome

Can you give me a little rundown of this garbage can grow...guessing sorta like a spa ce bucket only deeper? Sry if this seems like a stupid question...regardles of what its in looks awesome

Its just a cheap 10$ 32gal trashcan with idk around 7-10 gallons of soil (fox farms happy frog with lots of perlite) maybe more maybe less I didnt measure.... Once smell starts becoming a problem im going to be cutting a hole in the side of the bucket and venting it to my main tent via ducting for smell control.

It was originally three plants thats the only reason I dont have more growth inside it... the 3rd plant was a bit stressed from the defoliation and transplant and ended up flowering about a week later than the other clones so I had ripped her up and went with the two... which were both a good bit smaller than the one I tossed unfortunately.

Heck yeah thats new to me never seen it before but hey..i can say i learn something new everyday on here

You can do tons of things with trashcans.. you could mount a QB120 fixture ontop of the lid and use a computer fan to vent the heat of the driver and whatnot at the very top...

Then on the upper sides you could mount light fixtures for CFL's and use all kinds of spectrums... Cut an intake and outtake and you are straight... gonna get some quality bud for sure and you dont need anymore than 5-7 gallons of soil though..

All in all a bucket grow like that could easily have 150-200W in it with the right exhaust. I like them enough though you cant yield much out of it but still you can yield enough if you dont smoke much or just want it as a cheap side grow to just supplement. Or great for people paranoid to purchase anything online with their personal info...

I grew once with cfls got maybe under 20 gs off 1 plant but it was so fluffy maybe not enough light intensity lol...peace man happy growing

I grew once with cfls got maybe under 20 gs off 1 plant but it was so fluffy maybe not enough light intensity lol...peace man happy growing

Yeah I had helped a friend set up a garbage can grow a while back just 4 cfl bulbs... they refused to add anymore for some reason... they yielded 20 grams of fluffy frosty bud... not bad but if they would of added 4-6 more CFL like I said it would of been a lot more dense and larger over all and yielded at minimum twice as much. Ive never personally flowered with only CFL thankfully but I have seem people do decent enough grows with them... its all about technique.. they are not very efficient compared to other lights though so they obviously wont compare.

anyhow peace .

Here are some better pictures of my 4x2 scrog.... as youlll see one plant is a bit smaller than the rest but the others are very bushy and should reach up to the scrog beautifully...
420-magazine-mobile1802764035.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1936937913.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1501375495.jpg
420-magazine-mobile18706519.jpg
420-magazine-mobile639044840.jpg
420-magazine-mobile241572341.jpg
420-magazine-mobile259888812.jpg
The plant that had the nute issues is doing great in my opinion... you can see all the new green growth going full speed.

Oh yeah looking good! The new growth looks bright green.

Yeah itll darken up as time goes... I know she has plenty of nutrients as she just received all that soil lol... They were a tad light today so I gave them a small watering. Im really excited to see how I do this grow compared to last grow..

I would also like to add just for anyone interested in the QB120's that my ELN-24-60 driver feels as if it runs much warmer than my LPV-60-24 driver.. sadly I have no killawatt meter to test power from the wall... however someone told me their LPV pulled 70W from the wall with their board... havent heard from anyone testong the ELN... Both definitely do the job I just feel as if the ELN ran warmer... plus I had got it for 4$ leas than the other.

Hey just for FYI I've looked over specs and tested a 12 v laptop charger and a 36v printer power supply they ran 50 watt cob chips and you can hook up single diodes in series or parallel to get to the appropriate voltage just throwing it out there for ya Goodwill is full of potential LED drivers and they are all continuous duty drivers

Hey just for FYI I've looked over specs and tested a 12 v laptop charger and a 36v printer power supply they ran 50 watt cob chips and you can hook up single diodes in series or parallel to get to the appropriate voltage just throwing it out there for ya Goodwill is full of potential LED drivers and they are all continuous duty drivers

Does it matter what voltage the chips run at? I know with the QB120 its specifically 24V and other models I believe run at much higher volts but ive never messed with cob yet so idk how they work quiet yet no hands on (I will one day im not scared to try to build them)

Heres an update on my garbage can grow.. they are starting to frost up and I took pictures to show which plants which and how small they are lol. One plants showing a few deficiencies but I think its just from not watering frequent enough as Its hard to measure when to water that massive amount of soil.
420-magazine-mobile1726440794.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2038112618.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1414751336.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1502972575.jpg
420-magazine-mobile811119745.jpg
420-magazine-mobile68915234.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1537514335.jpg

Not the best pictures but its a tight squeeze to take them.. didnt feel like moving the lights... Once they get a bit more developed and are quality worthy ill worry about quality.. Idk the one thing I dont quiet like about the app is the auto res. . makes my pics look not nearly as sexy as originally taken. Not sure if its like that on the website and its just to save on space or if its in my settings but idk seems like you'd want the clearest pictures possible lol... or maybe im just going crazy.

Im sure the girls in the tent are probably thirsty so im going to give them a nice heavy watering tonight. Excited to see how well they fill the scrog after stretch. Im sure they wont fill it as much as I originally hoped but im not looking at spending anymore time vegging.. Maybe my next grow ill spend more time on it.

Also here is my 6 cuttings... they are doing fine so far looking healthy.. still waiting on roots though this strain can take at least 3 weeks most of the time. One was drooping from the start so I wrapped it around a tooth pick and shes starting to do better... leaves are still up right.
420-magazine-mobile899439283.jpg

Waiting till tomorrow to water plants in tent... they still seem to be unphased from the light pots so ill wait till morning.

Yeah you have to get close but can't go over, the volts create the intensity most cobs are 12v increments but they run them in series and parallel to kinda standardize the voltage and amp draw of cob chips, when it comes out of the driver it is dc current at whatever voltage stated with a certain amount of amps available so to match a chip to a driver if you have a 12 volt chip that draws 270mah and you have a driver that is 12 volt and is rated for 1000mah you can run 3 of them in parallel if you ad the fourth one you would overdrive the driver and burn it out run to many volts through the cob and it burns out. If you have a 36 volt driver and it is rated for 1000mah and you have the same 3, 12 volt cob chips you can hook them together in series positve to negative and run them the same as the straight 12 volt driver

Yeah you have to get close but can't go over, the volts create the intensity most cobs are 12v increments but they run them in series and parallel to kinda standardize the voltage and amp draw of cob chips, when it comes out of the driver it is dc current at whatever voltage stated with a certain amount of amps available so to match a chip to a driver if you have a 12 volt chip that draws 270mah and you have a driver that is 12 volt and is rated for 1000mah you can run 3 of them in parallel if you ad the fourth one you would overdrive the driver and burn it out run to many volts through the cob and it burns out. If you have a 36 volt driver and it is rated for 1000mah and you have the same 3, 12 volt cob chips you can hook them together in series positve to negative and run them the same as the straight 12 volt driver

Ill definitely pm you if I ever build my own cob light lol

Also works the same for drivers and single LEDs. A single .5 volt LED can be put together with 23 other LEDs in series to get to 12 volts then you can put together another 24 .5 volt LED's in series then connect the 12 volt banks in parallel to get the max amp draw.

If you find an 8 volt driver you can connect 16 x .5 volt to get 8 volts in series then as many 8 volt banks together in parallel to use as many amps as possible for that specific driver it's all pretty simple once you learn it.

Back
Top Bottom