Growing is way more fun,when I have at least 1 big plant to tend to

Re: growing is way more fun,when I have at least 1 big plant to tend to.

Hey you guys or gals have you ever seen this yaa I'll get a picture ,but my fan leave stem is shaped like a canoe or a U AND THE NEXT LITTLE BRANCH COMES (sorry) out of the u at the stem.:surf:
HPIM1827_640x480_.jpg

and many of the leaves the crack is open 11/2 back.normal? NEVER MIND
I looked at more and you see it on new growth but I dont think all the time ,my purple stems dont do it.

:byebye:It's funny we all, new growers, get obsessive with are babies. I was getting up at 6 am to put the lights on before I got my timer, if I was late I'de be worried I messed up their timing..
I have a feeling this obsession is here to stay.
Cat:yummy:

:byebye:It's funny we all, new growers, get obsessive with are babies. I was getting up at 6 am to put the lights on before I got my timer, if I was late I'de be worried I messed up their timing..
I have a feeling this obsession is here to stay.

I sooooooo relate to that... I check on the plants like 4-5 times a day...
We are going thru the light thing right now...

I sooooooo relate to that... I check on the plants like 4-5 times a day...
We are going thru the light thing right now...

Thats somthing you'll be doing for years and years..TRUST ME:cool:

damn gnats are so pissed off in the house they are coming after me and

indica lil as they have no dirt in the house to go to,just to make sure I did

every plant in the house,my palm tree thinks its back in cal. with all the

sand around him.In the dead of winter I'll put a sunlamp by the tree and

I'll think I'm at the beach again,like my surfing days.lol:surf:

the gnats are attracted to you cuz of your breathing, they are attracted to the carbondioxide in the air we exhale. try to dry out your containers more then what you're doing, it could be overwatering. thats the #1 problem why gnats show up in the first place, they cant re-produce if you have a good wet/dry cycle going, because the larvae gnats lay needs to be in moist areas all the time. so it will die if you aren't overwatering. and gnats only have a short life cycle, hence you could end the problem. thats the best way to get rid of them. soap/water in a spray bottle works for spraying gnats but DO NOT SPRAY YOUR PLANTS AT ALL! trust me! bad idea! will make them look terrible! also you can disinfect/clean your soil if you had a bad fungus gnat infestation, use a half cup to a cup of hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water. but again do not spray the plants with this, only water the soil. only use these methods if nothing else works. try drying out thoroughly first!

THX MI.:surf:

I just planted 2 germinated feminized widows and I am going to work my butt off to make theses my best yet.:surf::thanks::peace::surf:

new pics :surf:
widow nug
HPIM1829_.jpg

my smaller widow still filling in
HPIM1831_660x500_.jpg

this is for joe coffee 3 of my clones still going 1 down.

thx gnome,they are under control now,but now you taught me more.:thanks::surf:

It's just NUGalicious! I have seen the light on the benefits of cloning and I am moving on in that direction! My investment in cloning was nominal (a heated germination setup and cloning gel) and will also solve future seeding issues! Literally a home run! PS. I have posted new pics!

Is that one for me......... ;) I was reading about the" White Widow". I wanted to buy some seeds but were expensive so, I got Shanti but I wanted to learn before I plant them, no learning on investment.
I'm praying for my girls, it seems like I've been waiting for ever and ever.
By the way that's a nice shot, all these photographers here.

I looked Joe-- look good,,,they didn't look real wet though,once I got so some would live,I started to take just female clones the second I knew they were female I clipped and then put them back on long hrs.:surf:

Spike, we usually start with the lower branches as they probably won't amount to much when the plant grows. Better to save them as a clone, and therefore a new plant, than to have them struggle to produce very little. To begin with, have your materials ready, a very sharp knife or scapel, a small cup of isopropyl alcohol, cloning gel or rooting powder (we use Clonex gel) and rockwool cubes. First make sure the blade is clean and sterile by dipping it in the alcohol, then cut the branch at a 45 degree angle. Quickly dip the first 1 to 2 inches of stem in the cloning gel then gently insert it into the premoistened rockwool cube. I also mix a few drops of the cloning gel into the PH balanced water that I use to moisten the rockwool cubes. We use our germinating container with the clear plastic lid as our cloning box. I try to give them 24 hrs of dark, sometimes a little more, then slowly introduce them to light a few hours a day. Make sure they stay moist and after they take hold, transfer them to soil. We managed to get 5 out of 8 cuttings to take in our makeshift cloning box so far. Hope to buy a real cloning unit soon as our clones are now ready to be cut for additional clones.

Spike, I prefer to germinate directly into the soil/pot that I will be growing them in. However, in the past we have germinated in rockwool cubes and had very good success. The reason i don't like the rockwool is that once established, I then have to transplant to soil, which seems to slow them down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom