HSO Dedoverde Haze Sativa In Small Tent Under COBs - Start At Day 65 Veg

It may be too late if the stems are brittle. If you were able to pull down the high branches, and bend them around the tent somehow, the flatter canopy would allow you to lower the light.

This would provide stronger light to more bud sites.

everytime I look in the tent I kick myself for not taking a handful of clones.

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

Some of the bud weight is starting to sag some branches a little, need to get in there with green tape asap.

Don't say I didn't warn ya!

IntheShed-I wrote you a note on how I adjust with baking soda. I also use some lime juice if I need to go the other way. I am tossing out the orange and blue liquid crap. This grow has not had any of that stuff, I don't think it can be good for taste.

I did see that, thanks! I'll reply both places: I looked up sodium bicarbonate (spa pH up/baking soda) and the consensus seems to be that the sodium aspect is not good for the plants, and to use potassium hydroxide/potassium carbonate as in GH's pH Up. I only need the orange stuff in veg bc of the acidity of the Tiger Bloom, so I don't think it would affect the taste.

Intheshed - it makes sense that the sodium is left off in the soil, however, the amount I use is so darn nebulous that I doubt it's even measurable in 5 gallons of soil. Your going to have more leftover salt from the non-organic fert....maybe in a hydro grow using all non-organics...but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Oldbear-i have about light nearly 3' off the canopy...I have been upping the wattage (started with 90w in veg to 127w now in flower)....should I lower it as well?

jgrow-thanks for the info, I want to try the 707, maybe just veg like i did this plant and not get it to three feet....

Almost time to fire up the grill and burn one....

Hi nobodyhere ... I'm wondering if there is some way reduce the vertical spacing between all your bud sites?

Indoor lights do have limited penetration power, and the strength of the light drops a lot over short distances. That's the science behind lst, topping, scrogs and all that.

I don't know enough about your light to recommend a specific distance, but I know the more buds you can get closer to the light the better.

Good luck - that's a lot of pretty flowers you have there. :thumb:

ok, I think I have a gameplan.

As mentioned earlier my lights are variable, the 3500K that is on now set at 127w out of 222w, I started in veg at 90. The previous grows likely ran around 120, but those plants looked like hell. They were crispy, over nuted probably and stressed. I don't want to go that route again. I have 60 or so watts of reds that are off.

Maker of the lights says 12-18" off top. I am going to get in there today and see if I can lower the light to something in that level. I am also guessing where the buds start to thin off on the underside of the plant, take a measurement from there to soil base. I bet that is what I need to adjust light by give or take. If I can keep it to over 18 off top I will up wattages to 135 or so.

Just measured, plant is between 42 and 44" tall, I have between 20-22 inches to lights.

So rather than lower lights 4", I will keep lights at max height and up wattage, I went to 136w today.

While in there I noticed even the lowest branches have buds, granted their smaller than the uppers. The plant was topped, so there is no clear main cola, it's shaped more like an empty bowl at the top.

Damn it smells great too....also found a few more yellowing leaves, most of them where only 3 point (older) leaves. I really don't feel good about specifically targeting N 38 days into flower...thoughts?

HSO Dedoverde Haze @ day 112, Flippola Day 39

Gave a liter of water, pH to 7ish, teaspoon of budda bloom and grow + a dash of big bloom. the budda grow has a slight more .5 vs .3 for the bloom for water soluble N. On the instructions it says you can give it through bloom, its been a couple weeks so it got some...would rather give vs the tiger bloom.

lucky I have such a small tent....it keeps branches from leaning.

I smoked a joint and upped the whites to 145w....call me crazy. long as temps stay good and there is no stress on the plant I will keep raising the wattage.

might have to start watering more volume or more often....plant is taking up like crazy...at this point in my previous grows I was not getting much water weight loss.

Buds are getting larger....all the leaves near the buds are showing crystals....the trim on this will be excellent for hash.

IMG_0020243.jpg
IMG_0019241.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze @ day 114, Flippola Day 41

Lights are at 155w as of this morning. Pot is lighter in weight, plant looks like it could use a drink. No nutes, just water pH to around 7, prob a couple liters. I can't remember when the last time I just gave water...I will at least use my dirty mixing pail.

Tent temps are 68-73, bigger swing for hopefully a few days since the cold front came in. RH 45%

Buds look a little larger, and I am starting to see the first traces of pistols turning brown. It's nowhere near ready of course.

I guess more light --needs more water to uptake---more nute uptake....blah-bigger buds.

Other than more fluid uptake, there is really no issues with the lights. Might go 160-165 this weekend....need to see how much of the 2 liters gets taken up. I plan on a pretty mild only organic feeding this weekend.

the little top buds are starting to resemble little colas. I think this plant might outyield the hindu kush.

HSO Dedoverde Haze @ day 117, Flippola Day 44

Today I noticed some upper leaves getting pale around the veins. Maybe one or two mid leaves yellowing. Plant took up the water, it's warmer today and tomorrow. I gave 1.25 l ph 7 with about .5ml of Tiger Bloom and 3ml of Budda Bloom.

My thoughts are it's the lights or I missed a feeding...the observation on the leaves happened after I upped the lights and gave just water. Anyway, I cut the lights back to 140w. Temps have been mostly 69-73, with yesterday getting briefly to 75.

I am going to get some photos tomorrow. Look at some photos on the diagnosis page, and think a bit about whats going on.

I have also noticed I am getting darker pistols during the same time. Nowhere near ready, but wonder if it's the plant just being plant.

HSO Dedoverde Haze @ day 118, Flippola Day 45

Welp today we are into 45 of an estimated 75, so another month. I recently cut lights from 155-140 yesterday. When I did 2l of water and the light change I started to notice some upper leave changes. I looked at the plant guide. It's either Copper and Nitrogen and/or light. We are always correct diagnosing stuff from web photos right?-ha.

Anyway, today I am giving another liter of 7pH rodi with a ml of Tiger Bloom (less than a 1/4 of their dosage), with 3ml of big bloom and a ml of the Budda Bloom.

This should cover the N, Cu...

Photos....or am i freaking out over nothing?

IMG_0024208.jpg
IMG_0023210.jpg
IMG_0022226.jpg

HSO Dedoverde Haze @ day 119, Flippola Day 46

Few more leaves looking like that...there mostly fan leaves. I am thinking of removing them, maybe upping nutes some as long as take up stays good. The bad leaves are fans that might let some light down. I see the buds getting structure now...almost overnight...instead of fluffs their looking thicker....I tied up a few more branches...they are heavier....

Temps are cooler outside, so it looks like a few days of dryer weather and lower temps for the tent, it's currently 70, but I see some swings around 67-72 coming. Lights are at 145w.

Plant is still slightly heavy from the feeding + the water yesterday, it will be due tomorrow....I am thinking tomorrow I give 2l with 5ml of Tiger Bloom, 10ml of Big Bloom and 5ml of the Budda Grow and Bloom.

It should not be iron...their is iron listed in everything I give. I think this plant is a hog for N.

Smelling pretty damn good in that tent. Buds are getting more 'shiny' to the naked eye.

HSO Dedoverde Haze @ day 120, Flippola Day 47

Lifted plant this morning, it's feeling dry. Time for the 1.75l. Mixed in 15ml of Big Bloom or whatever three caps is, 3ml Tiger Bloom, .5ml CaMg (have not gave this since plant was ugly in veg stage). I adjusted the pH a little lower than usual...my thought is that I have been riding the high side on the ph with nutes, so slightly acidifying might open up some stuff in the soil. Slightly over 6.5 pH. 850ppm. There is plenty of iron and copper in what I gave, the CaMg has a touch of N and Fe as well.

Lights are at 145w (might go back to 140 tomorrow), temps 67-70, plant looks to be putting on weight and I may have slowed the ugly leaves issue. This is a pretty heavy feeding for me so we will call it day by day. It's nice to be 50 days in and not have the plant look like shit. Size-wise it's a little larger than my Hindu Kush, but the buds are smaller (for now). I think the next 7-10 days will be interesting...colder temps, if plant is still taking up well, I should have bigger buds. This feeding hopefully goes till friday morning.

Back
Top Bottom