Grozone's Multitent Adventures - The Story Of A Perpetual Harvest

Re: Critical Kush In Coco & Perlite Under Perfect Sun 500!

Usually clawing is an indication of nitrogen toxicity. Are you still feeding heavy with some kind of Grow nutes? If so I would start backing off for that a bit with the transition into flower. If you are sure you are not over/under watering and your ph is good. That would be my guess, if the leaves are a real dark green that's usually an indicator too
I've actually already fully switched to flower nutes but I just noticed this morning some small brown spots on the leaves and it looks to me like calcium deficiency so I'm not sure if I need more or less. I'm feeding 8ml per gal of advanced nutrients sensi bloom a and b and 4 ml calmag (as my two sources of calcium)

If you can post a pic with natural light so we can see the problem that would help. I have heard and experienced myself plants growing under LED like some extra cal/mag some LED companies even say so on their websites. I have never grown in coco (only soil) so maybe someone with experience with that can help out more.

I've actually already fully switched to flower nutes but I just noticed this morning some small brown spots on the leaves and it looks to me like calcium deficiency so I'm not sure if I need more or less. I'm feeding 8ml per gal of advanced nutrients sensi bloom a and b and 4 ml calmag (as my two sources of calcium)
Sounds like a lot to me. Are you using ro water?
As an example- I feed daily in coco with AN bloom coco a&b and I never feed more than 4ml per gal.
I have not yet had to supplement with cal mag in multiple completed grows since using AN ph perfect coco.
And never feed more than 1ml per gal of AN big bud.
No issues. When I feed higher than those dosages I have issues.

Sounds like a lot to me. Are you using ro water?
As an example- I feed daily in coco with AN bloom coco a&b and I never feed more than 4ml per gal.
I have not yet had to supplement with cal mag in multiple completed grows since using AN ph perfect coco.
And never feed more than 1ml per gal of AN big bud.
No issues. When I feed higher than those dosages I have issues.
Oh really? I just figured doing half of what they recommend on the bottle would be good (2ml per liter = roughly 8ml per gallon) but I'll definitely back it off to your suggested feed and see how they react. Thanks!

Can I get a photo of the clawing / Cupping, also a photo of your brown spots.

That would be great thanks.
Will definitely post pics when lights on, I was out hiking all day so I didn't get a chance to snap any pictures this morning.

I never come close to 8ml per gallon with my Sensi A&B right now im probably half that.
What business do they have telling people to use 4ml per liter then I appreciate the heads up though from you and Jay. Are you in the same boat as Jay no need to use calmag with AN sensi?

Should be plenty of cal or mag. If you are using the coco blend. I grow under only led and in coco. No cal or mag deficiencies with the AN coco.

Sounds like it is most likely a lockout. Less is always more in this case.
Are you phing your nute solution?
I know AN sensi is ph perfect but ....
Better results by adjusting ph with the ph perfect. Not just me but other seasoned growers as well. Just asking to rule that option out.
Trying the 4ml per gal max....I would go even less this watering is a good start.
I would stay around 400-500 ppm.

Should be plenty of cal or mag. If you are using the coco blend. I grow under only led and in coco. No cal or mag deficiencies with the AN coco.

Sounds like it is most likely a lockout. Less is always more in this case.
Are you phing your nute solution?
I know AN sensi is ph perfect but ....
Better results by adjusting ph with the ph perfect. Not just me but other seasoned growers as well. Just asking to rule that option out.
Trying the 4ml per gal max....I would go even less this watering is a good start.
I would stay around 400-500 ppm.
I haven't been ph ing since I switched to the sensi, was part of the reason I switched to it lol but if I must ph still I gladly will. Do you ph down to 6.0 like most coco growers or do you let it run a little higher using the sensi?

I haven't been ph ing since I switched to the sensi, was part of the reason I switched to it lol but if I must ph still I gladly will. Do you ph down to 6.0 like most coco growers or do you let it run a little higher using the sensi?
I have found I get the best results when I ph to 5.7. That is what I do everyday. But keep in mind 5.7 is not nessessarally the perfect #. Just perfect for me. The ph pen, how long before checking, method of mixing, ect are all factors so it can vary. Some good experienced growers swear by 5.5, some 5.8 in coco with AN sensi and so forth. I'd stay consistent in the 5.5-5.8 range and see what I most effective for you based on your mix methods.

I have found I get the best results when I ph to 5.7. That is what I do everyday. But keep in mind 5.7 is not nessessarally the perfect #. Just perfect for me. The ph pen, how long before checking, method of mixing, ect are all factors so it can vary. Some good experienced growers swear by 5.5, some 5.8 in coco with AN sensi and so forth. I'd stay consistent in the 5.5-5.8 range and see what I most effective for you based on your mix methods.

well the past 50 days (before I switched to AN) I had been PHing to 5.9-6.0 consistently with good results so I will start with that and also lowering the feed amounts and see how they react, I'm thinking they'll be back to being happy ladies again. Thanks guys, i'll update with some pics here pretty soon and later tonight too.

well the past 50 days (before I switched to AN) I had been PHing to 5.9-6.0 consistently with good results so I will start with that and also lowering the feed amounts and see how they react, I'm thinking they'll be back to being happy ladies again. Thanks guys, i'll update with some pics here pretty soon and later tonight too.
Sounds like a good plan .

Back
Top Bottom