HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

Wait..what? :nomo:

I know I know lol I dont PH water anymore, mostly because I use bottled water. I'm sure the ph is stable enough. Obviously not recommended for everyone.

I know I know lol I dont PH water anymore, mostly because I use bottled water. I'm sure the ph is stable enough. Obviously not recommended for everyone.

I was referring to the ProMix in a hempy bucket...

Please tell us more about that!

:nomo:

Lmao.. ok. Well, not much to tell really.
I take a bag of HP PROMIX and

Lmao. Ok. Well not much to tell but.
I use this method below;

Soil:
1bag HP Pro mix with Mycorrhizae 70%
1 bag of regular soil 30%
Mix soils 70/30%

Nutrients; ( per 4 liters/1gal )
Gaia green 444 all purpose (2 tbsp)
Gaia green 284 Flowering (2 tbsp)
Gaia Green Worm Castings (2 tbsp)

Mixed all together and placed inside a pale, bucket, container ect. Drill 1 hole roughly 1 inch from the bottom in the container. That's it. Water it like crazy lol

I even do this with the party cups when the plant is first starting out.
20200802_113938.jpg

Now the reason behind why I do this.
#1) When your watering the plants, water will suck air down deep into the root = Good.
#2) You get consistent Wet/Dry cycle = Good.
#3) The medium "Soil" wont stay super wet and drown out your roots = Good.
Been doing this for a while and never have a problem with it.

Soil:
1bag HP Pro mix with Mycorrhizae 70%
1 bag of regular soil 30%
Mix soils 70/30%

What is “regular soil”?
Have you tried mixing ProMix with perlite?

Drill 1 hole roughly 1 inch from the bottom in the container. That's it. Water it like crazy lol

Okay, so a smaller reservoir than standard hempy (hole ~2” up)

The medium "Soil" wont stay super wet and drown out your roots

This is what I would be concerned about. I would probably mix perlite into the ProMix.

Been doing this for a while and never have a problem with it.

Well then, I’m just going to have to try it! :ganjamon:

What is “regular soil”?
Have you tried mixing ProMix with perlite?

Okay, so a smaller reservoir than standard hempy (hole ~2” up)

This is what I would be concerned about. I would probably mix perlite into the ProMix.

Well then, I’m just going to have to try it! :ganjamon:

This may helps some.

Regular soil = Pre bagged Potting Mixture indregents.
Humus
Peatmoss
Sand
Perlite

Seeds went into water today for 24 hours.

CB Dutch Treat Seed Glass.jpg

CB Dutch Treat Seeds.jpeg

GSC Glass_Fotor.jpg

GSC Seeds.jpeg

I have 4 CB Dutch Treat seeds in water because they're not feminized.

This may helps some.

No, sorry - that didn’t help me. In the post on May 30 (of this year), I see that you mention a new method of growing, but I couldn’t find any reference to hempy - even going back to the first post in the thread.

How long have you been using a soil/hempy hybrid?

No, sorry - that didn’t help me. In the post on May 30 (of this year), I see that you mention a new method of growing, but I couldn’t find any reference to hempy - even going back to the first post in the thread.

How long have you been using a soil/hempy hybrid?

Been doing "hempy" mostly in all my grows, even if it's not specifically mentioned. It complements my growing style.
Any bucket or container can be hempy, just need a hole roughly 1" from bottom and a medium that will not retain water well, like coco coir or pearlite ect. I've tryed other mediums myself but prefer the HP Promix and nautural nutrients... I end up watering daily as the medium is bone dry in 24hrs. Constant water also equals constant air reaching the roots, which makes our plants grow.

I've tryed other mediums myself but prefer the HP Promix and nautural nutrients

Ya, I prefer hempy myself - just didn’t think a peat-based mix + a regular potting soil would dry out very quickly, which is what I like about perlite. But 100% perlite dries out a bit too fast outdoors in the summer here, so I was looking into adding in some vermiculite. But I hadn’t considered a ProMix hempy...

Ya, I prefer hempy myself - just didn’t think a peat-based mix + a regular potting soil would dry out very quickly, which is what I like about perlite. But 100% perlite dries out a bit too fast outdoors in the summer here, so I was looking into adding in some vermiculite. But I hadn’t considered a ProMix hempy...

Works great for me, try it. You may like it.

The seeds moved from the glasses of water to damp paper towels last night and these are them:

Seeds in Damp Paper Towel.jpeg

Dutch Treat Seeds in Damp Paper Towel.jpeg

If you can magnify the next photo on your device, you might be able to see the wee bit of shell popping open on the front seed (the one that looks like I'm pointing at it):

GSC Seeds in Damp Paper Towel.jpeg

I planted 4 of the seeds in ProMix this morning. CBDutch1 grew through the paper towel but Felonious was able to wiggle it out safely. And, GSC1's root broke in two just below the seed casing but the whole root and seed casing stayed together so we planted it, too but just to be on the safe side, I have another GSC seed in water. The worst that can happen is I'll have 3 GSCs instead of 2. And, to me, that would be a win having 3 but I have to take into consideration how many pots I'll be able to fit in the 3x3 tent. After all, it's not a hempy grow this time. :laughtwo:

Anyhow, here are some photos:

Photo 1 - CBDutch & GSC.jpeg

CBDutch (we planted the 2 seeds on the right). The other two are still in paper towel until the root is a little longer.

Photo 2 - CBDutch.jpeg

Girl Scout Cookies:

Photo 3 - GSC Seeds.jpeg

Planted:

Photo 4 - Planted Seeds.jpeg

CBDutch1:

Photo 5 - CBDutch1.jpeg

CBDutch2:

Photo 6 - CBDutch2.jpeg

GSC1:

Photo 7 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2:

Photo 9 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 10 - GSC2.jpeg

I planted 4 of the seeds in ProMix this morning. CBDutch1 grew through the paper towel but Felonious was able to wiggle it out safely. And, GSC1's root broke in two just below the seed casing but the whole root and seed casing stayed together so we planted it, too but just to be on the safe side, I have another GSC seed in water. The worst that can happen is I'll have 3 GSCs instead of 2. And, to me, that would be a win having 3 but I have to take into consideration how many pots I'll be able to fit in the 3x3 tent. After all, it's not a hempy grow this time. :laughtwo:

Anyhow, here are some photos:

Photo 1 - CBDutch & GSC.jpeg

CBDutch (we planted the 2 seeds on the right). The other two are still in paper towel until the root is a little longer.

Photo 2 - CBDutch.jpeg

Girl Scout Cookies:

Photo 3 - GSC Seeds.jpeg

Planted:

Photo 4 - Planted Seeds.jpeg

CBDutch1:

Photo 5 - CBDutch1.jpeg

CBDutch2:

Photo 6 - CBDutch2.jpeg

GSC1:

Photo 7 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC1.jpeg