Haven't Killed It Yet

Good evening all. Happy that Wednesday is in the books and we are officially on the down hill ride into the weekend! :surf:

The previous 2 weeks have added another reason for y'all to ban me from cultivating. :confused: While trying to sneak a feeding in with my son here...in the dark of course, I royally screwed up the nutes...never got an actual reading on the resulting feed, but instant orange leaves are not going to get me POTM any time soon. :oops:

Interestingly enough, the Blue Dream and the greenish DDA weathered the storm amazingly well..I guess if one is prone to ham handed feedings, this would be worth noting.

So I guess I have delayed long enough...on to the photo journal...such as it is.

Bailey WWxBB at 96 days. Trics are still pretty much clear. I have a neat strap on lens for my phone on the way. Should be able to take some awesome pics with it.

Then we move on to Azaria the Blue Dream..cruising along at 69 days

Bagheera is slow...dark as hell, but slowwwwwww (61 days)

Her sister Cynthia is filling in a bit

And the greenish devil Mazikeen at 67 days

All in all, they dont look awful for what Ive done to them. Hopefully the next grow will be a tad more smoothish... My order from Ace seeds came in. I may finish these out, do a complete clean and wait for fall to start the next grow. Its getting hard to keep them happy over the weekends. Summer is just too busy. As always, suggestions, comments, or light chastisement (think LST) is welcome :)

:peacetwo:

They look great mouser.. Should change thread name to, I tried but they just won't die :rofl: looks like flush and plain water feeds till harvest?

Well, here we are with another update. Ive been able to devote a bit more time to the plants due to a somewhat less than insane work schedule and they are, for the most part coming around. I will have to declare my attempts at the Dark Devil a complete failure though. All 3 plants will have disappointing if any yield to speak of. :surrender: I may try again some day, but for now I think I will work with photos to get my technique down.

So....oooooooooooooon with the pics :D (Thats really the fun part anyway)

Bailey at 106 days....still not an amber trich to be seen...you will have to take my word for it, my photo skills are not yet up to trichome pics...sorry. I have clipped and hung a branch to do a taste test with my sister and brother in law on the 4th. At the very least it will be fun :D

DSCF54973.JPG
DSCF54982.JPG
DSCF54992.JPG

Azaria, my blue dream at 79 days is just starting to hit her stride. Oodles of rice noodles popping out everywhere. Her buds arent as dense as the WWxBB, but they are packing more on every day. Im really excited to see where she goes.

DSCF55022.JPG
DSCF55032.JPG

...And then we move on to the Dark Devils :p I apologize for what you are about to see, I know it isnt pretty.

Mazikeen at 77 days is looking the best out of them all. She at least is still drinking about a quart of nutes a day. Im hoping it will eventually go somewhere.

DSCF55043.JPG
DSCF55052.JPG

Cynthia has stalled....and Bagheera, while she is still growing, is creeping along at a snails pace and doesnt seem to be doing much of anything. Buds are thin, but the calyxes are huge. Maybe I'll get a bong rip or 2 out of them.

DSCF55073.JPG
DSCF55083.JPG
DSCF55093.JPG

On a more positive note, the next batch is starting out in my veg closet under some re-purposed aerogarden LED hoods. Left side in the back is Amaroq an ATA Tundra, Dorie, in front of her, is a CBD Shark Shock, and the other 4 plants on the left side are some free AK47 beans I tossed for practice...no names as of yet, though Im thinking one needs to be Rambette....not sure which will step up to take that name though. The other 4 plants sharing the light are some cherry tomato plants I should have started months ago. Underneath, bathed in the blurple glow of a cheap 45 watt panel are some assorted hot peppers. Gonna need a new tent for the vegies.

20160625_090713.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. I humbly apologize for the Dark Devil massacre. :oops:

Well, this grow is starting to wind down. The twin DDAs Cynthia and Bagheera just werent going anywhere, so they got the chop. Will browse for ideas on what to do with the little I got from them. Im not much into edibles, but always did like me a big dish of Rasta Pasta Pesto (Dried bud flakes in the spaghetti sauce) Add a touch of nutmeg and cinnamon and its delicious. :)

Here are the final pics before chopping. Didnt bother weighing them. :rip:

DSCF55191.JPG
DSCF55182.JPG

Bailey my WWxBB is still packing it on and foxtailing big time. Harvest for her is scheduled for a week from Monday after the runt leaves. Gonna be hell to trim out all that dead leaf left over from her lack of water a few weeks ago.

DSCF55101.JPG

Mazikeen my sole remaining Dark Devil is looking better and still building...I think. Im looking for some advice on harvest date. She's still sucking down at least a quart of water a day.

DSCF55151.JPG
DSCF55163.JPG
DSCF55172.JPG

And the last remaining girl in the tent is Azaria, my Blue Dream. She is just looking tastier every day. New pistles are forming every day, and Im starting to wonder if I will have to support the colas. They are getting fat.

DSCF55111.JPG
DSCF55124.JPG
DSCF55132.JPG
DSCF55142.JPG

I think she still has a way to go, and will probably be the last in the tent.

Anyhoo, will be wrapping this up over the next few weeks. Thanks for joining me on this learning adventure.

Good stuff mouser.. I like them a lot.. Congratulations on the harvest mate :high-five:

Good stuff mouser.. I like them a lot.. Congratulations on the harvest mate :high-five:

Thanks Grizz...though Im not sure harvest is the appropriate term. It was more a cut and run :/

Do you have any lessons learned to share?

Hello and welcome OldBear. Lessons learned: I like bigger pots...they are more forgiving when I cant get back to the garden for a day or 2. Im also not sure if 12/12 for the Autos was the best move. Next time I run them I will keep them on at least 16/8. I also need to pay more attention to pH. I just got me a NEULOG USB sensor, and once I figure out how it works I'll get on that. I also have to accept that with my son spending time here that there will be days that I cant get in to take care of the girls. I see some sort of auto watering feature in my future...Ive been looking at the Blumat systems. On the upside, I now have a couple varieties jarred and curing with a couple more on the way. Plenty to smoke on hand will make the next grow a bit more relaxed I think. I also have a jar of Canna's green pain rub in the freezer (Thanks Canna! :) )

Hey there mouser! How's it going? Things are looking quite impressive over here!! :passitleft:

Hey Canna, thanks for dropping in. Yours are looking awesome. Headed out for a weekend of July 4th festivities. :surf::slide::partyboy:
Learned a lot with this grow, and the next gen are already looking better.

....And the new girls are coming along nicely.

Dorie, the Shark Shock has moved over to the right, and Amaroq is still on the left. Still looking for Rambette...all 4 AK47s are doing well. I really dont have room for a 6 plant grow and would like to keep it to 3 or 4. Not sure if Im able to kill off the others though :( This can be a lonely endeavor when you have no one to share plants with. PM me if you are in the NH/MA area and would like an AK seedling or 2 :)

Dorie and Amaroq were both topped yesterday.

They share the room with myriad peppers and tomato plants.

20160702_161001.jpg

I'd be really interested in your solution for auto-watering. I'm on the road quite a bit as well and am trying to find a way to water regularly as well.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I will let you know what I come up with. Wont get a lot done this week with the boy here, but once he's off to camp there will be a complete overhaul done of the grow area. Those blumat stakes look promising. They hook up to a 5 gal reservoir and only feed when dry....the unclear part is 'how dry is dry' Would be interested to know if anyone else has used them.

Good evening all. Plants are doing well. No pics at the moment due to company for the week. Ive been able to keep up with feedings/waterings, but dragging them out for a photo shoot is right out. I will try to makke it up to you next week.

While I have been enjoying a wonderfully relaxing week off, I have been looking into building a custom light for my 2x4 tent. It should come in around 270W. I have purchased 5 Vero29 chips, 3500s and 5000s. I would like to drive them in seperate banks...The 3 5000k would be using a meanwell HLG-185H-C1400b, while the 2 3500k would be on an HLG-120H-C1400b.

Heat sinks and fans Im hoping to be able to source from work from the bin of discarded inverters. Drivers would be idealy mounted outside the tent with the switches and dimming knobs....and since Im not using them very efficiently I was thinking of mounting them on their own heat sinks as well.

Another idea I have been tossing about, it a sort of cool tube design with the assembly mounted into a cut out piece of 8in venting to remove most of the heat from the tent.

Any input on this would be helpful...especially from someone with a better grasp on available drivers. I know my choices arent the most efficient way of doing this, and any help would be welcome. I will document the build as I go, for better or worse :)

Well, the girls have been chopped and all but dried.

Bailey ended up providing 101g of some pretty ugly bud :( All those little crispy sugar leaves were impossible to remove entirely. It has a decent high, but is more than a little harsh.

Azaria, the Blue Dream weighed in at 84g, and Maze, the Dark Devil is still hanging. Im guessing somewhere around 60-70g for her when all is said and done.

Im going to chock this one up as a learning experiance, and hope the next round does much better. As soon as I get the dressed weight of the DDA I will close this journal and open a new one for the next grow.

Thanks for riding along!

I will leave you with a brief Season Two preview :)

Dory, My Shark Shock CBD (Dinafem)

DSCF5521.JPG
DSCF55221.JPG

Amaroq, My ATA Tundra (Seedsman)

DSCF55232.JPG
DSCF55241.JPG

and Rambette, My AK 47 (Female Seeds)

DSCF55254.JPG
DSCF55263.JPG

And then we have the 3 ho didnt make the cut...all AKs...though looking at that little dense on on the front left I may reconsider. The remaining ones are going to a friends bf who wants to try his hand at growing.

DSCF55271.JPG
DSCF55282.JPG

Cheers :thanks:

Congratulations Mouser and well done. Nice to have jars... Make sure you let me know when next journal begins....

Brock Lesnar beating Mark Hunt, that way??? Why didn't mark smash him every opportunity he had when Brock was stumbling in? Usually hit hit hard, and hit Brock twice and he won't come back for the third.. Conspiracy!! Lol... Sold it for billions, damn good investment for couple of mill....

Congratulations Mouser and well done. Nice to have jars... Make sure you let me know when next journal begins....

Brock Lesnar beating Mark Hunt, that way??? Why didn't mark smash him every opportunity he had when Brock was stumbling in? Usually hit hit hard, and hit Brock twice and he won't come back for the third.. Conspiracy!! Lol... Sold it for billions, damn good investment for couple of mill....

Thanks Grizz...yes it is nice to not have to worry about where the next hit is coming from. As for the UFC...for the most part the fights werent that exciting. Best matchup of the weekend was Friday nights title fight with Joanna Jędrzejczyk. Even the Dillashaw fight was unimpressive.

Back
Top Bottom