Hello From So. California

In looking for help to a question, I stumbled upon this forum and it sounds peaceful and seems to have many helpful and knowledgeable people.
I grow and make my own FECO to be made into several other products for myself that I find helpful and effective.
Hey Jam!
Welcome to :420:

Greatest place to get your plant questions answered! You can drop it in here, but the FAQ is a great spot for questions as well.
Any grows on the go?

Thank you. No grows yet, as I only grow outside. I'm gearing up for that, however. It's almost time...yay!
Well then, you made a smart move joining when you did!
There's a lot of marketing hype on certain products- many of which are simply overwhelming, and overpriced.

Ask lots of questions here- from lights, tents, fans, etc. And you'll save yourself a lot of headaches and $$.
Also our sponsors provide discount codes for members, so be sure to look up the codes.

In looking for help to a question, I stumbled upon this forum and it sounds peaceful and seems to have many helpful and knowledgeable people.
I grow and make my own FECO to be made into several other products for myself that I find helpful and effective.
Hello @JAM Hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:
Hope we can help with your question.

Stay safe
Bill

Well then, you made a smart move joining when you did!
There's a lot of marketing hype on certain products- many of which are simply overwhelming, and overpriced.

Ask lots of questions here- from lights, tents, fans, etc. And you'll save yourself a lot of headaches and $$.
Also our sponsors provide discount codes for members, so be sure to look up the codes.
Thank you. I looked in earlier posts and didn't quite see an answer. I use a water distiller to reclaim the ethanol. The only thing that I can figure out to do to avoid burning in the center (the center of the distiller container is higher in the center) is to turn off the distiller before all the alcohol is purged and finish purging on a hot plate. Will it help to put extract in a smaller pyrex container within the distiller container and will it recover the alcohol properly and prevent burning?

Thank you. I looked in earlier posts and didn't quite see an answer. I use a water distiller to reclaim the ethanol. The only thing that I can figure out to do to avoid burning in the center (the center of the distiller container is higher in the center) is to turn off the distiller before all the alcohol is purged and finish purging on a hot plate. Will it help to put extract in a smaller pyrex container within the distiller container and will it recover the alcohol properly and prevent burning?
Great questions! Wish I could answer, but hopefully @InTheShed can answer, or know of someone who can.

Great questions! Wish I could answer, but hopefully @InTheShed can answer, or know of someone who can.
Thanks for the tag Rex!
From all of my research on the topic, the best way to use the distiller is to capture ~80% of the ethanol mix, and use a Pyrex dish on a hotplate to evaporate the rest. Besides avoiding burning, it's a lot easier to scrape the tar from a flat glass container than it is the bottom of a tall metal cylinder.

Also, remember that ethanol boils around 173ºF, so make sure the water distiller has a variable setting for temps.

Thanks for the tag Rex!

From all of my research on the topic, the best way to use the distiller is to capture ~80% of the ethanol mix, and use a Pyrex dish on a hotplate to evaporate the rest. Besides avoiding burning, it's a lot easier to scrape the tar from a flat glass container than it is the bottom of a tall metal cylinder.

Also, remember that ethanol boils around 173ºF, so make sure the water distiller has a variable setting for temps.
Ok, thank you for that. So it sounds like the same thing that I have been doing. As far as the variable temp function, mine doesn't have one and it is a concern. The oil that I recover seems fine, but I don't test since it's for my own use. I think I will take your advice and purchase a variable temperature distiller. Thank you, again.

Ok, thank you for that. So it sounds like the same thing that I have been doing. As far as the variable temp function, mine doesn't have one and it is a concern. The oil that I recover seems fine, but I don't test since it's for my own use. I think I will take your advice and purchase a variable temperature distiller. Thank you, again.
I got mine from Amazon and it was pretty inexpensive. It was a Mophorn Countertop Water Distiller, 1.1 Gallon/4L, 750W Stainless Steel Distilled Water Making Machine, Purifier Filter w/Glass Collection, Distilling Alcohol Whiskey for Home Use, CE Listed, Silver (sorry we're not supposed to post amazon links here!) and it runs around $120.

Welcome from SoCal as well!! I just joined recently. Iv been to a few forums. So far. This one is bar the most welcoming. I like to grow outside myself during the season. Do you grow monsters or multiple plant of size?

I got mine from Amazon and it was pretty inexpensive. It was a Mophorn Countertop Water Distiller, 1.1 Gallon/4L, 750W Stainless Steel Distilled Water Making Machine, Purifier Filter w/Glass Collection, Distilling Alcohol Whiskey for Home Use, CE Listed, Silver (sorry we're not supposed to post amazon links here!) and it runs around $120.
OK. I bought mine from Amazon as well. Mine is also a Mophorn but it's the cheap one I will check out the one you have. Thanks!

Welcome from SoCal as well!! I just joined recently. Iv been to a few forums. So far. This one is bar the most welcoming. I like to grow outside myself during the season. Do you grow monsters or multiple plant of size?
Thank you. I'm in the high desert. Nothing too crazy. I only grow the legal number of plants that California allows and I mainly grow indica or indica dominant strains for relaxation and sleep or making topical creams and other things.

Thank you. I'm in the high desert. Nothing too crazy. I only grow the legal number of plants that California allows and I mainly grow indica or indica dominant strains for relaxation and sleep or making topical creams and other things.
Lol. Not anywhere near cal city are you ? Lol. That’s where I’m at. I stay legal as well. Gotta be safe. Rather than sorry.

I'm in Apple Valley, near Victorville; drove through California City a few months ago. It's grown some since I was there last, which was in the 70's.
Lol. Yeah. I’m in the desert desert. Left right fwd back. All dirt.
All bushes. And less than 15000 people. Has its ups and downs. Like everywhere I’m sure. Makes outdoor growing a bit more peaceful. And less worrysum of non males cullers.

Back
Top Bottom