Hello, my name is Jimmy

Hello ladies and gents,
my name is Jimmy and i'm interested to join the fantastic world of indoor growing. I've got to say that in terms of weed, i've done nothing more than smoking some black-market buds for the past years.

So, to get to the point, i want to do some grow but im not interested for the result as much as for the education, so one day i will be able to grow good flowers. Because of that, i thought of starting with 1 or 2 plants so i can have control of them and not panic if any bad condition appears. Although im trying to be humble, i believe i need to set some goals to achieve both for education and harvest results. The education goals is to study all the time and doing researches, that's one of the reasons im here now actually.

Now, getting deeper to the point, after research i've done, im interested to make organic grow. I've seen a kit of 120x120 tent, powered by 325+/-5 watt LED (PPFD=1145μmol/m2, luminosity 200lm/w) which the company saying it can give about 2.5g per wattage. Of course, i will get all the air vents systems, exhaust systems, as well as air condition machine and humidifier / dehumidifier for trying to create the perfect environment. I'm thinking to use 5 galon / 19 lt pots and the strains i want to grow are Strawberry Cough from dutch-passion and Pineapple Chunk from Barney's.
So the question now arises: how many photoperiod plants i can get into that tent for the best results?

And the other path i haven't enlightened yet: Soil.
I watched a lot of videos, read lots of reviews and journals but im still into deep dark. The reason is people i watch in youtube or reading here in the forum, use some brands that im not able to find in my country, at least from e-shops because we're in lockdown and shops are closed. Im mostly interested in some kind of soil that i will mix up in the start only using dry amendments, and use some top feeding afterwards, and, if needed, also use tea compost. I've seen that kind of organic grow in youtube (i don't know if i can say the name of the channel i saw organic growing) and it seems really natural growing without a lot of human intervention.

If anyone can help me get those things clear in my mind, i'd deeply apreciate it.

So that's all from me, thanks for reading and... stay safe, stay healthy, stay fly.

Hi Jimmy & welcome to :420:
There is lots of great growers here who will be more then able to answer your questions. I'd hold off on the light, if you haven't already bought it. Check our sponsors for discounts. Also, many LED manufacturers overstate the light capabilities.
I'm not a soil grower, I'll let the pros answer there!

Hi Jimmy & welcome to :420:
There is lots of great growers here who will be more then able to answer your questions. I'd hold off on the light, if you haven't already bought it. Check our sponsors for discounts. Also, many LED manufacturers overstate the light capabilities.
I'm not a soil grower, I'll let the pros answer there!
Hello and thank you, i didnt know that thing with sponsors and discounts. As for the Led, i havent bought it yet but looking at the budget led site, it's almost the same with the one i think to order.

Hi Jimmy, welcome! I'd go with 4 plants in pots ranging in size from 5 to 10 gallons. Maybe start in the smaller ones. As for soil, there's some choosing to do. I use a mix from True Living Organics by The Rev. Research Coots mix too. There's plenty to choose from. Maybe someone else can chime in for more. Edit: Here's another one from Kanda's award winning journal.

Welcome to the forum @AlbanianKush x GreekHaze !

Your choice of how to best do an organic grow depends entirely on what sorts of products you can find locally or have shipped to you. Definitely an organic soil is the best way for you to go, because it is sustainable, and once getting hold of all the ingredients, you shouldn't need much more for a while since you will be able to use that soil over and over again by amending it with the original ingredients after a few grows.

Check out some of the supersoil and living soil recipes, coots, subcool, TLO... there are several good ones, and see if you can source the materials needed. There are also some shortcuts available to you... @GeoFlora Nutrients (one of our sponsors) for example, is a dry topical application system that provides all the minerals and microbes needed for an organic grow in coco or any soil. That is my grow method of choice, and that allows me to use off the shelf commercial soils, such as Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog.

:welcome:

Hello ladies and gents,
my name is Jimmy and i'm interested to join the fantastic world of indoor growing. I've got to say that in terms of weed, i've done nothing more than smoking some black-market buds for the past years.

So, to get to the point, i want to do some grow but im not interested for the result as much as for the education, so one day i will be able to grow good flowers. Because of that, i thought of starting with 1 or 2 plants so i can have control of them and not panic if any bad condition appears. Although im trying to be humble, i believe i need to set some goals to achieve both for education and harvest results. The education goals is to study all the time and doing researches, that's one of the reasons im here now actually.

Now, getting deeper to the point, after research i've done, im interested to make organic grow. I've seen a kit of 120x120 tent, powered by 325+/-5 watt LED (PPFD=1145μmol/m2, luminosity 200lm/w) which the company saying it can give about 2.5g per wattage. Of course, i will get all the air vents systems, exhaust systems, as well as air condition machine and humidifier / dehumidifier for trying to create the perfect environment. I'm thinking to use 5 galon / 19 lt pots and the strains i want to grow are Strawberry Cough from dutch-passion and Pineapple Chunk from Barney's.
So the question now arises: how many photoperiod plants i can get into that tent for the best results?

And the other path i haven't enlightened yet: Soil.
I watched a lot of videos, read lots of reviews and journals but im still into deep dark. The reason is people i watch in youtube or reading here in the forum, use some brands that im not able to find in my country, at least from e-shops because we're in lockdown and shops are closed. Im mostly interested in some kind of soil that i will mix up in the start only using dry amendments, and use some top feeding afterwards, and, if needed, also use tea compost. I've seen that kind of organic grow in youtube (i don't know if i can say the name of the channel i saw organic growing) and it seems really natural growing without a lot of human intervention.

If anyone can help me get those things clear in my mind, i'd deeply apreciate it.

So that's all from me, thanks for reading and... stay safe, stay healthy, stay fly.
You have found your tribe. he grow journals will help answer all your questions and the community will be there when you have those pesky "I need an answer now" questions we all run across. My own experience here has been extraordinary! People are kind and supportive - and share all their secrets!

You have found your tribe. he grow journals will help answer all your questions and the community will be there when you have those pesky "I need an answer now" questions we all run across. My own experience here has been extraordinary! People are kind and supportive - and share all their secrets!
It's quite a relief finding this forum tbh, i dont feel alone :D

Its been mentioned on here, but let me please recommend a book to you. This one book got me over the fear of starting out in organic growing, after reading many books more complicated about the subject. The author shows you how to do organic growing from scratch and using all raw and natural ingredients for your compost teas and building your soils. TLO, True Living Organics, by The Rev. This book will give you organic confidence along with how to guides and recipes for soils and teas and how to build your containers. I would not be the organic grower I am today if I had not been gifted this book.

Hello, im really sorry for bothering you again, but i was searching for the whole day for recipes and if i can buy the ingredients to make a living soil or super soil and i came up with really nothing, only confusion. Searched on e-bay for amendments and saw a brand named Living Soils that ships here. Do you know the brand and it's products?
sohum, great lakes, purple cow... there are several smaller brands too. Which one are you looking at? You are trying to grow a fruiting plant, and that takes a bit extra, so your soil choice needs to be a good one.

:welcome:

Ok, so, there is a pack called Grow, comes up to 400ml, 1lt and 2lts, NPK 4/6/4, key ingredients are
  • Mycorrhizal fungi
  • Insect frass
  • Volcanic rockdust
  • Bokashi bran
Another pack with Insect Frass, NPK 2/2/2, frass comes entirely from herbivore insects (in this case the mealworm or Tenebrio Molitor)
Malted Barley Powder: Malted barley powder is barley that has been sprouted and then dried and powdered. The 2 row malted barley we use is certified organic and sourced from the UK.
Wormcasts NPK 2/2/3

and for bloom they got Bloom 1, NPK 2/4/6 with main ingredients:
  • Bat guano
  • Seaweed meal
  • Bone meal
and also Bloom 2, NPK 1/4/8 with the same ingredients like Bloom 1.

For mediums they got Plagron Promix, Plagron Light mix, biobizz lightmix and canna terra seed mix.
I think the company produces only fertilisers, the mediums they sell are other companies.

Hi Jimmy, welcome! I'd go with 4 plants in pots ranging in size from 5 to 10 gallons. Maybe start in the smaller ones. As for soil, there's some choosing to do. I use a mix from True Living Organics by The Rev. Research Coots mix too. There's plenty to choose from. Maybe someone else can chime in for more. Edit: Here's another one from Kanda's award winning journal.
Thank you so much for the journal, really helped me and encouraged me. So i searched for the Subcool soil mix but i cannot find promix organic for herb and vegetables because they dont ship where i live. Also i cant find ready nuts like: bone meal, blood meal, oyster shell, alfalfa. As for the fish bone meal, i can find only fish powder and idk if it's the same. The same goes for worm castings, i can only find worm humus but i guess humus its castings after some period of composting.

Back
Top Bottom