Help me - I think have roots problems or not?

update how they looking atm much better but think they still suffering abit from heat and air issue ithink from the portable aircon air and not enough fresh air coming in i think.

IMG_286515.JPG
IMG_286613.JPG
IMG_286715.JPG
IMG_286813.JPG
IMG_286916.JPG
IMG_287015.JPG
IMG_287112.JPG
IMG_28728.JPG
IMG_287310.JPG

Is your lights close to plant? what lights do you have? it looks like a heat issue too.

Looks like a heat/humidity issue to me. The leaves are curling inward and look dry. If this was calcium def, you would just see the spotting on the leaves not how dry they are. If your humidity is not set right, your plants could be drying out too quickly. Raise your lights, make sure your temp is around 70-75 and your humidity not above 60 at this stage. If you need to, you might need to add AC and a dehumidifier to adjust the temp. If you are unable, look into CO2 supplement. You can have higher humidity and temps while using CO2. CO2 is actually activated in the plants only during extreme light and at hotter temps. Hope this helps....

Up with hope, down with dope!

yea my humidity is kinda fuked best im getting 45-50% Rh lights on lowest is 38% rH my my temps seem better @ about 26c lights ON im just little lost on what the best thing to do my improve my setup i have no fans pulling fresh air in or out.... ive never growing ever in the past with using inlines etc to bring air in out my room but it also my 2nd time growing with 3400watts of hps the 1st time was in winter so it was in my favor but now im having some problems. i think my mag and calc isssue is fix i hit them with nice dose of calmag+ after i removed the LECA aka expanded clay from bottom of the pots i did that on sunday btw before i made this post so 1st pic i took was after the transplant i add more coco/perlite mix to replace the LECA i had used @ the bottom of the pots and since then they looking alot better they started growing again it seems

Looks like a heat/humidity issue to me. The leaves are curling inward and look dry. If this was calcium def, you would just see the spotting on the leaves not how dry they are. If your humidity is not set right, your plants could be drying out too quickly. Raise your lights, make sure your temp is around 70-75 and your humidity not above 60 at this stage. If you need to, you might need to add AC and a dehumidifier to adjust the temp. If you are unable, look into CO2 supplement. You can have higher humidity and temps while using CO2. CO2 is actually activated in the plants only during extreme light and at hotter temps. Hope this helps....

Up with hope, down with dope!

yea my humidity is kinda fuked best im getting 45-50% Rh lights on lowest is 38% rH my my temps seem better @ about 26c lights ON im just little lost on what the best thing to do my improve my setup i have no fans pulling fresh air in or out.... ive never growing ever in the past with using inlines etc to bring air in out my room but it also my 2nd time growing with 3400watts of hps the 1st time was in winter so it was in my favor but now im having some problems. i think my mag and calc isssue is fix i hit them with nice dose of calmag+ after i removed the LECA aka expanded clay from bottom of the pots i did that on sunday btw before i made this post so 1st pic i took was after the transplant i add more coco/perlite mix to replace the LECA i had used @ the bottom of the pots and since then they looking alot better they started growing again it seems

its definately a heat/humidity issue but there is evidence of some cal def also.

Id get a co2 generator, ac and dehumidfier. but your carbon filter and fan in the room so its recirculating the air and run a sealed room. Will cost you more money to set up but will be worth it because you can grow 365 days per year no matter what temp it is outside. You will have much better control of you environment.

I did not notice a fan in the room. Get some fans in there to move the air around.
You may have to mist them with water every few hours or so to bring the temps down on the leaves. Not sure if it will work, but you can try it on one or two plants first.

no dont mist the leaves it will burn them more. never mist your plants when under strong light.

the room needs air exchange not the recirculation of stale hot air. if you live in a house can you not cut a hole in the ceiling and extract into the attic? thats what i would do if i couldnt extract through a window or door. its easy to repair when you are finished. it also means if you dont build a sealed room that you are getting air exchange. this is important to pull fresh co2 into the room for the plants to breathe and it will help bring temps down also.

its definately a heat/humidity issue but there is evidence of some cal def also.

Id get a co2 generator, ac and dehumidfier. but your carbon filter and fan in the room so its recirculating the air and run a sealed room. Will cost you more money to set up but will be worth it because you can grow 365 days per year no matter what temp it is outside. You will have much better control of you environment.

i dont have a carbon filter or a inline fan in there i have normal big roatating house fan and portable AC in there atm that all i think the portable ac is messing up the RH big time cuz if switch it off i get 60% rh but then my temps are 30-31c. they are looking way better they are growing again. Im just very lost on what to do for venterlation? the room is not sealed i leave the door open of grow room like i said i convert a spare room in my house into the grow room so there is no new air coming in beside when the door of the room is open i guess i had to seal the window in the room so light doesnt come out it my temps seems fine now tho getting 25-26c lights ON but rh is stting on 35-40% lights ON when the AC is on lights OFF rh is 70-80%. The thing im not understanding u saying i get co2 and dehumidfier i already have a AC will that slove my problem then by also not having any air coming in or out the room just the AC keeping the temps cool and dehumidfier controlling RH and the co2 would i not need still exchanged air with inline fan or will be able to get away with it ? im very lost when it comes to the air part of things so sorry if im not understanding could i maybe u give full details of my room and setup for a better idea on what i can do for situation and my environment issue to improve them

I did not notice a fan in the room. Get some fans in there to move the air around.
You may have to mist them with water every few hours or so to bring the temps down on the leaves. Not sure if it will work, but you can try it on one or two plants first.

i have fan in the room moving the air around but it the same air and do mist them now and again but only just before the lights go off i did mist them with abit of epson slats but like i said i only mist just as the lights are about to go off.

Ok so by doing the sealed room you dont need air exchange in the typical sense. When you ventilate a grow room via extraction and passive intake you are basically providing fresh co2 for the plants constantly, plants 'breathe' co2. imagine if you sat in a cardboard box for weeks on end and had no fresh air passing through the box you would eventually suffocate, its the same for plants.

They will be getting some co2 from the door being open and closed but that is not enough for healthy plants, add to it that its hot and RH is up and down, the plants will be stressed to the max.

The aircon will lower room temps but as you say it makes the air dry and it doesnt provide any co2 for the plants.

In a sealed room environment, which by the way is the best way to grow indoors for several reasons, you control the temperature with the AC, the RH with a dehumidifier and by adding CO2 you provide the air the plants need to breathe. Now in this scenario your room should never be too hot or too cold, RH should always be in the correct range and you can super charge grow with using optimal CO2 levels. Boosting CO2 is like putting the plants on steroids, they explode with growth. However its a pointless endeavour when running extraction as all the CO2 that is added is pulled out of the grow room before it can be used.

You need to have some sort of odour filter of it wont be long into flower that you will have the street stinking of weed. In a sealed room you hang your filter from the ceiling with a fan attached and pull air through the filter but it blows back into the grow room. This recirculates the CO2 in the grow room and addresses the odour issues.

If you dont go with a sealed room, cut a hole in your ceiling and place the duct work through the hole and extract to there via a carbon filter first.

Either way you need to find a way to exchange more air or add co2. You already have aircon and dehumidifier, a co2 generator would almost complete the room. You could buy large co2 bottles and place a regulator on it which will operate on a timer to release CO2 but you will go through a couple big bottles per week. so its cheaper to start off using bottles but more expensive in the long run over buying a CO2 generator.

If you have a CO2 fire extinguisher lying around you could manually spray the room couple times per day ad a last resort.

Ok so by doing the sealed room you dont need air exchange in the typical sense. When you ventilate a grow room via extraction and passive intake you are basically providing fresh co2 for the plants constantly, plants 'breathe' co2. imagine if you sat in a cardboard box for weeks on end and had no fresh air passing through the box you would eventually suffocate, its the same for plants.

They will be getting some co2 from the door being open and closed but that is not enough for healthy plants, add to it that its hot and RH is up and down, the plants will be stressed to the max.

The aircon will lower room temps but as you say it makes the air dry and it doesnt provide any co2 for the plants.

In a sealed room environment, which by the way is the best way to grow indoors for several reasons, you control the temperature with the AC, the RH with a dehumidifier and by adding CO2 you provide the air the plants need to breathe. Now in this scenario your room should never be too hot or too cold, RH should always be in the correct range and you can super charge grow with using optimal CO2 levels. Boosting CO2 is like putting the plants on steroids, they explode with growth. However its a pointless endeavour when running extraction as all the CO2 that is added is pulled out of the grow room before it can be used.

You need to have some sort of odour filter of it wont be long into flower that you will have the street stinking of weed. In a sealed room you hang your filter from the ceiling with a fan attached and pull air through the filter but it blows back into the grow room. This recirculates the CO2 in the grow room and addresses the odour issues.

If you dont go with a sealed room, cut a hole in your ceiling and place the duct work through the hole and extract to there via a carbon filter first.

Either way you need to find a way to exchange more air or add co2. You already have aircon and dehumidifier, a co2 generator would almost complete the room. You could buy large co2 bottles and place a regulator on it which will operate on a timer to release CO2 but you will go through a couple big bottles per week. so its cheaper to start off using bottles but more expensive in the long run over buying a CO2 generator.

If you have a CO2 fire extinguisher lying around you could manually spray the room couple times per day ad a last resort.

man thanks for these videos the 2nd one really gave me way better understanding of what ur were talking about. i think maybe sealing the room and getting co2 tank and regulator and dehumidifier i dont have dehumidifier atm only small mist humidifier so il have to buy a proper dehumidifier. would this dehumidifier work for me DELONGHI DES 16W, Damp Control | Dehumidifiers, Humidifiers & Air Purifiers | South Africa would it ideal for my room or not ? how often do u think if i get 5kg co2 tank how often would i have to full it up is there way to tell work that out i dont mind filling up on co2 once a week or maybe getting two 5kg tanks and keep cycyling them or something ? i do have carbon filter and inline lying here cuz i dont wanna cut whole ducting so i can put into room like have on the video

I don't get the dehumidifier. You might want one at some point, but from what I'm reading, your RH is low if anything. I'd be shooting for RH of 70% - 75%.

The photos your posted don't show plants with too much moisture/humidity. You can add CO2 to help the plants take advantage of all the light and heat, but I don't think it is going to address or fix the original problem. You are adding the last piece I would add to an already perfect environment. If you plants aren't perfectly healthy, adding CO2 is a waste of $$$.

I don't get the dehumidifier. You might want one at some point, but from what I'm reading, your RH is low if anything.
The photos your posted don't show plants with too much moisture/humidity. You can add CO2 to help the plants take advantage of all the light and heat, but I don't think it is going to address or fix the original problem. You are adding the last piece I would add to an already perfect environment. If you plants aren't perfectly healthy, adding CO2 is a waste of $$$.

isent a Dehumidifier ganna now control my RH even if its low ?

thats not what im saying mate. im saying change the environment so everything is controlled. co2 alone wont fix anything apart from allowing higher temps to run. The room is set up wrong so issues will continue to arise if its not addressed. 70-75% RH is cool for veg but not late in flower, the dehumidifier is there to keep RH in perfect range. There is no better way to grow indoors than using a sealed room as it gives control over every aspect of the environment and nothing is left to chance.

man thanks for these videos the 2nd one really gave me way better understanding of what ur were talking about. i think maybe sealing the room and getting co2 tank and regulator and dehumidifier i dont have dehumidifier atm only small mist humidifier so il have to buy a proper dehumidifier. would this dehumidifier work for me DELONGHI DES 16W, Damp Control | Dehumidifiers, Humidifiers & Air Purifiers | South Africa would it ideal for my room or not ? how often do u think if i get 5kg co2 tank how often would i have to full it up is there way to tell work that out i dont mind filling up on co2 once a week or maybe getting two 5kg tanks and keep cycyling them or something ? i do have carbon filter and inline lying here cuz i dont wanna cut whole ducting so i can put into room like have on the video

I cant open the link. a 5 kg tank wouldnt be enough for a week, you'd want double or more.

hi please could anyone please help with problem i am having i think it related to the roots but im not sure im about 4weeks into veg from clones and my growth has stoped my plants are stilll green but im not sure whats going on as never encouter this before my idea is i did add LECA pellets Aka expanded clay to soil but i never mixed it with soil i put layer at the botton of pot and then fulled the pot up with soil the only thing i can think is this have some cuased me big problems are my plants started grow and roots system started to full pot up.
I have just removed to LECA and added soil like always have in the past for many years of success no clue why i did this time around... here are some pic any HELP WOULD BE GREAT as what u think my problems is

IMG_282814.JPG
IMG_282715.JPG
IMG_282613.JPG
IMG_282515.JPG
IMG_282412.JPG
IMG_282313.JPG
IMG_282215.JPG
IMG_282116.JPG
IMG_282015.JPG
IMG_281915.JPG

420-magazine-mobile318254651.jpg
maybe this will help