Help me - I think have roots problems or not?

isent a Dehumidifier ganna now control my RH even if its low ?

No. A dehuey will only lower the RH when it is already on the low side.
Right now, if anything, you need a humidifier.

even if it has thermostat on so u can set humidty of the room is not ganna work @ all ? i have small cool steam mist humidfier already in there misting no stop

even if it has thermostat on so u can set humidty of the room is not ganna work @ all ? i have small cool steam mist humidfier already in there misting no stop

It will never increase RH. It will lower RH, or do nothing. It should be measuring RH to turn on/off. If it has a thermostat (measures temperature), I'm not sure when it is doing what.

Hey I just thought of this as well. You should invest in a laser temp gun. I have one and it works wonders. You can then see the temp of your soil, leaves and environment. This way you can adjust the plants internal temp. Also, look at a lux/lumen reader. This is a great tool to help with your light distribution for your canopy. Believe it or not, plants can get too much intense light, so having the proper distance is key. CO2 tanks, regulator, controller, temp reader, lux reader, dehumidifier, ac can all be purchased from Amazon. Like mentioned above, you'll be spending some money (especially for a sealed room), but it will pay off in the end. If I can help, let me know. Trial and error my friend and reading lots and lots of grow books is also key. Good luck and stay up!

Up with hope, down with dope!

If you have an ac unit, that should suffice instead of a humidifier. An ac unit with be putting moisture back in the air and the dehumidifier will adjust to where you want (pulling the excess moisture out).

If you have an ac unit, that should suffice instead of a humidifier. An ac unit with be putting moisture back in the air and the dehumidifier will adjust to where you want (pulling the excess moisture out).

But the humid air from an A/C unit is the warm exhaust air. The cooled air has been dehumidified.

in a sealed room you need ac, dehumidifier and co2. yes the dehumidifier can only remove excess moisture like you say. But in a true sealed room the humidity would rise as theres no where for the moisure to go as the room isnt extracted and the air con cant cope with the humidty usually, depends on room size of course. sealed rooms are definately the best way to grow indoors but they are expensive to set up and you have the added costs of running extra equipment, however in a hot climate its the best way to go.

I'm surprised an A/C unit can't pull the RH down to 75% in a sealed room. I suppose it depends on how much cooling it needs to do. An A/C unit is a dehumidifier. Both work on the same principle.

i know mate but you really cant run a sealed room without one, at least ive never been able too. you could run at 75% but getting it down later in flower is essential, even more so in hydro when heads can be as thick as pineapples. constantly battling bud rot without getting humidty to 40-50rh.

i have fan in the room moving the air around but it the same air and do mist them now and again but only just before the lights go off i did mist them with abit of epson slats but like i said i only mist just as the lights are about to go off.

Man... wish I could help you more, but looks like Cultivator has more experience with HPS and is helping you out. All I know is you need to try to provide the ideal environment (or within the ideal range) for the plants to grow nicely no matter what type of light/medium you use.

i know mate but you really cant run a sealed room without one, at least ive never been able too. you could run at 75% but getting it down later in flower is essential, even more so in hydro when heads can be as thick as pineapples. constantly battling bud rot without getting humidty to 40-50rh.

For sure! I would get down to 40% or less once bloom is well under way. I only want high humidity in veg. I can see needing a dehuey for the final stage.

It sux: in veg we want humidity but small plants don't offer much. When the plants are big and transpiring like crazy, we need the room to dry out just when they keep things the most humid. It's always something! :rofl:

for sure mate but thats what keeps it interesting :)

IMG_288511.JPG
IMG_288410.JPG

Back
Top Bottom