Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

Last...my wife goes for surgery tomorrow....hip replacement (she needs both done and she's only 40!
PEACE:Namaste:

Sending good vibes to the wife! Only 40? That sucks! :smokin:

glad to hear your feeling better blue! i was concerned,

hey chopper i can relate the docs told me i needed my spine fused and double knee replacement when i was 37 been resisting the surgeries ever since,,good luck and godspeed to your wife! sending massive reiki healing/energy pulses your way!!

my state is almost ready i have been doing massive studying LOVE THE 420 CLAN!! and should be able to start my grow soon, but i am looking for recommendations for a seed source, blue i know you have a need to be a bit paranoid so are there any online sources you feel good about (price,quality,security options, ) and anyone with a recommendation please chime in also! so blu any new pics?, hey another thing i was wondering about is your bubble cloner how does that setup & work?
sorry to be so full of questions!?

I agree! Doc sold me on hempy... :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Yep, me too - I just worry the blackberry out there is not like the blackberry he grew.

I'm glad Doc wasn't the salesman when we went on condo resort tours years ago, I'd probably own 5 or 6!

I do like the seed finder, but while loo
king for the Single seeds I came accross a couple different ones, can you tell me which one you were talking about Blue?

Hey Q. Single Seed Company is the name and they are listed under the sponsors, can't miss them.

Morning Blue...and all
1st...."White Strain" is a derivative of the original "White Witch...or (White Widow") strains from the 80's in Amsterdam as far as I know
2nd....look at the top of the page and click on the US flag and the page automaticaly changes to dollars....Union Jack for pound sterling etc.
3rd....I disagree about Fox Farm nutes only because I have never had even a so so grow since I started using it. I find that it works out to less than a buck for each ounce of dried bud I end up with....about 60 cents or so. For the 60 cents, I ain't fucking with success....but I will try OC+ soon
4th...seed finder is AWESOME
5th....your vacation shed didn't wash away
6th....putting a Nirvana order together for next week. More Aurora for certain...regular, I want a seed plant...the rest I'll post after I order
7th...Attitude is great people and good source
Last...my wife goes for surgery tomorrow....hip replacement (she needs both done and she's only 40! AVN sux) Glad you're feeling better, I'll check in again soon bud. Feel gooder

Hey Chopper! I'd never try to talk someone out of using nutes they know and have success with. I've heard real good things about FF too. But I gotta say I love never worrying about nutes, hell I don't even think about them anymore.

That's my future retirement home bro! I'm keeping a close eye on it because if it gets hit by a tsunami or lava flow I'll probably reconsider my plans.

Best of luck to your wife, that sucks. Last I knew those only last about 10-15 years, has that changed? I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

ps what's ANV?

Sending good vibes your way as well as your wife's, Chopper.

Sending good vibes to the wife! Only 40? That sucks! :smokin:

Good 420 vibes to Mrs. Chopper.

glad to hear your feeling better blue! i was concerned,

hey chopper i can relate the docs told me i needed my spine fused and double knee replacement when i was 37 been resisting the surgeries ever since,,good luck and godspeed to your wife! sending massive reiki healing/energy pulses your way!!

my state is almost ready i have been doing massive studying LOVE THE 420 CLAN!! and should be able to start my grow soon, but i am looking for recommendations for a seed source, blue i know you have a need to be a bit paranoid so are there any online sources you feel good about (price,quality,security options, ) and anyone with a recommendation please chime in also! so blu any new pics?, hey another thing i was wondering about is your bubble cloner how does that setup & work?
sorry to be so full of questions!?

Hey Irish! Sorry to hear about your back and knee, I take my health for granted and some of you guys really have it rough. Hope it all works out as well as it can.

I've only used Single Seed Company and I would (and will) use them again in a heartbeat. They're listed under sponsors. I like them because you can buy single fem seeds and get fem freebies. On this last grow the Bubba Kush was a freebie, and so is the Super Lemon Haze I'm in the process of trying not to kill haha.

I used a prepaid credit card, it was very quick and discreet.

I've heard great things about Nirvana & Attitude too.

The bubbler works great imo. It's just a plastic tub you can get anywhere with an airstone. All I did was fill it with water ph 6, add a little superthrive and pondzyme.

Then I put the cuttings in their little boats, kept the room temp around 80, put cfls on them 18/6 and waited 2 weeks.

Go back in my journal to around 2/10 I took pics and described everything.

I bought the 2nd cheapest air pump from walmart's pet dept but I wish I'd bought the cheapest, you don't need much power to accomplish this and mine was almost too strong.

Ok a little update on my sog. It's a mess due to my poor planning. To do this right it's important to have all the clones at more or less the same size and stage of development because their size drives everything.

If you recall I put the clones in clear plastic cups and put them inside red beer cups. This way I can watch the roots develop. As soon as they have a decent root structure and are about 4-5" they have to go into flower or they'll end up too big.

Ideally they'll all be the same size with the same good roots at the same time. But I didn't wait to take all the clones at the same time so I've got clones 2 weeks different in age. I'm feeding them piecemeal into the flower room as they develop.

Also I have no clue how far up to have the CMH bulb, I know I've asked before but I am very confused on it. Probably 18"-24" from the canopy right now.

I started out with 9 strains. Lucy's clone never revegged, and the ultra haze clones have all died. I have a few red diesel and slh clones that probably won't make it either. And the acapulco gold clones have been really slow to take.

So now I have 6 WW clones that are all about the same size, 6" or so. I have 4 Bubblicious that are from 6" to 4". I have 3 ak48's and 1 acapulco gold, all around 4". They are all in the flower room now. I also have the red diesel & slh mothers in there and the bubba kush & ak48 clones from months ago.

This is the whole grow so far from the front. It consists of 2 plastic tubs that can each hold 12 2-liters, but I'll grow no more than 20 plants and probably less.

IMAG1351.jpg

front tub has 3 ak's, 3 bubblicious & 6 ww

IMAG1354.jpg

back tub has my 1 a.gold, the 2 mothers and 2 older clones

IMAG1355.jpg

This is the nursery, I'm hoping out of this I can get 3 more a. golds. Many of these still have no root development at all that I can tell. I should have left them in the bubbler they loved that thing.

IMAG1353.jpg

Not very exciting but that will change soon. This is day 4 of 12/12. :peace:

Blue, yeah, I think in a SOG you ideally want all the same strains, if possible all clones from the same mother, taken all at the same time. That way, you know the size, development, nutes and time to finish should all be about the same. None-the-less, we've all seen many growers here get great harvests doing things in a "non-traditional" way, so don't get too bummed cuz you may be surprised!

As I understand, part of your objective is to maximize yield in your space, and I believe it will be a great learning experience either way. You'll be able to compare whatever yield you get on this grow to other grows while also looking at what could have been done to improve this one.

Best wishes for a healthy harvest! :cheer:

Shit man! I suppose after a grow or three you start to build confidence, but I Get all tense just looking at your strain list! I hope after I get this first one under my belt Ill be less intimidated, and have some of your knowledge to build with!!

Blue, yeah, I think in a SOG you ideally want all the same strains, if possible all clones from the same mother, taken all at the same time. That way, you know the size, development, nutes and time to finish should all be about the same. None-the-less, we've all seen many growers here get great harvests doing things in a "non-traditional" way, so don't get too bummed cuz you may be surprised!

As I understand, part of your objective is to maximize yield in your space, and I believe it will be a great learning experience either way. You'll be able to compare whatever yield you get on this grow to other grows while also looking at what could have been done to improve this one.

Best wishes for a healthy harvest! :cheer:

Thanks Mr. Krip! I'm not too worried about the varying sizes of these plants because I'll be supplementing heavily with cfl's. I originally conceived of this grow because I think cfl's would be most effective this way. So I can hit the shorter ones with extra light until they catch up. The idea is 18-24" plants, mostly colas.

Shit man! I suppose after a grow or three you start to build confidence, but I Get all tense just looking at your strain list! I hope after I get this first one under my belt Ill be less intimidated, and have some of your knowledge to build with!!

Honestly I wouldn't recommend this but it will be my last grow for a while and I decided to just grow them all. And once you get a successful grow under your belt it does wonders for your confidence.

I spent $70 for those 9 seeds. That works out to about $10 per z and that doesn't count this upcoming grow so that's definitely a great deal... especially when I don't think about all the other costs involved :)

Your garden is getting bigger and bigger. Maybe you should build a big greenhouse outside your house!

I'm trying to make it smaller! More plants but less space, but you know how it goes. It's so hard to pitch any of those cute little sprouts once they start doing their thing.

My dream is a cabin in the country with a greenhouse or big sun room, but first I need to win the lottery!

hmmm i wonder how hooking up my oxygen concentrator to an airstone on 5 liters per min would do in a bubble cloner? it worked amazing for oxygenating the wort when i was brewing beer! roots like yeast love o2!

That would probably work great but that seems like a lot of flow. You really just need some bubbles to keep the water from being oxygen depleted, I don't think a lot is needed but it would be a good test. If you have too much flow it's like a mini-geyser in your tub.

Hey, Blue. The garden sure is growing. Hope to see mine following suit soon. I think your SOG will work just fine with all the different point sources of light you've got. I kind of wish I had gone with less watts and more lights. That can really work to your advantage, as you've shown us.

Thanks airavata! I hope you're right. I love the nice clean look of a single light but there's no doubt that with a functional frame you have a ton of flexibility with cfl's, especially if you can keep the plants smaller.

Watching with great interest Blue! You may revolutionize growing! :thumb:

Haha morning OMM! I don't think I'll be revolutionizing anything especially since I'm just following in some big footsteps. I'm constantly looking for simpler but better.

What I'm doing now would really lend itself to a perpetual grow which I'm not doing right now, othewise it's pretty inefficient with the lost 5-6 weeks taking and maturing the clones. I'm not in a good situation right now for a perpetual, I have a lot of travel coming up later this year and my housing situation is in flux. Take care ami!

it does "roll" pretty good in a 5 gallon bucket but the thing about the o2 machine is it seems to put out the same volume of air regardless of how much o2 it mixes in, but funny story here ,, the 1st time i oxygenated a 5 gallon batch of my favorite india pale ale, (back when i was still allowed to have a beer) i ran the o2 for a few hours put it in the fermenter put the airlock valve on and went to bed at 4 am that morning i awoke to a loud "explosion" i ran out of my bedroom to find that the fermenter had gone berserk! the entire kitchen was drenched in sticky yellow/green foam!! and embedded in the ceiling was my airlock!! lesson learned lol!

i had lost a gallon of wort!! and a big mess to clean up, i laughed and went back to bed from then on i would divide the wort into 2 fermenters!

BTW your new project looks like it will be fun and productive!, i love cfl versatility and control i have used then for years to get my veggie garden ready for outdoors, but some plants do great staying indoors till the end like my habeneros,bell peppers,and some varieties of tomato do very well inside under cfl!

grow on BLUEDOG badass!!

Morning Blue...and all
1st...."White Strain" is a derivative of the original "White Witch...or (White Widow") strains from the 80's in Amsterdam as far as I know
2nd....look at the top of the page and click on the US flag and the page automaticaly changes to dollars....Union Jack for pound sterling etc.
3rd....I disagree about Fox Farm nutes only because I have never had even a so so grow since I started using it. I find that it works out to less than a buck for each ounce of dried bud I end up with....about 60 cents or so. For the 60 cents, I ain't fucking with success....but I will try OC+ soon
4th...seed finder is AWESOME
5th....your vacation shed didn't wash away
6th....putting a Nirvana order together for next week. More Aurora for certain...regular, I want a seed plant...the rest I'll post after I order
7th...Attitude is great people and good source
Last...my wife goes for surgery tomorrow....hip replacement (she needs both done and she's only 40! AVN sux) Glad you're feeling better, I'll check in again soon bud. Feel gooder

Also wanting to send good vibes to you and your wife, Chopper. :goodluck:

Also wanting to send good vibes to you and your wife, Chopper. :goodluck:

Same here Chopper! How'd the surgery go?

Hey Blue, I'm interested in how your AG's turn out.

Hey ganjasism so am I! They're not off to a good start, I only have one lady in flower so far. I have a second that has rooted and will go in there tomorrow, and 3-4 others that I'm watching and hoping for. I'd love to get 4 of them. Take care!

Glad your feeling better Blue! :wood: I did not get a flu shot this year!! Trying to avoid catching it now!! Ducking and bobbing......:tokin:

it does "roll" pretty good in a 5 gallon bucket but the thing about the o2 machine is it seems to put out the same volume of air regardless of how much o2 it mixes in, but funny story here ,, the 1st time i oxygenated a 5 gallon batch of my favorite india pale ale, (back when i was still allowed to have a beer) i ran the o2 for a few hours put it in the fermenter put the airlock valve on and went to bed at 4 am that morning i awoke to a loud "explosion" i ran out of my bedroom to find that the fermenter had gone berserk! the entire kitchen was drenched in sticky yellow/green foam!! and embedded in the ceiling was my airlock!! lesson learned lol!

i had lost a gallon of wort!! and a big mess to clean up, i laughed and went back to bed from then on i would divide the wort into 2 fermenters!

BTW your new project looks like it will be fun and productive!, i love cfl versatility and control i have used then for years to get my veggie garden ready for outdoors, but some plants do great staying indoors till the end like my habeneros,bell peppers,and some varieties of tomato do very well inside under cfl!

grow on BLUEDOG badass!!

So from your experience, I can see that growing MJ is MUCH safer than brewing your own beer, LOL:thumb: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a pint of Smithwick's with some good fish and chips DRENCHED with vinegar. But for my own safety I'll leave the brewing up to others. Although I have given it some serious thought. Kudos to you for brewing AND growing your own.

Hey ganjasism so am I! They're not off to a good start, I only have one lady in flower so far. I have a second that has rooted and will go in there tomorrow, and 3-4 others that I'm watching and hoping for. I'd love to get 4 of them. Take care!

I've got some fem AG seeds on the way as we speak! Thinking of crossing them with an Indica??? Any suggestions? Maybe some Afghan Kush??? The AG I ordered are Sativa dominant; so crossing them with an almost pure Afgan would be great IMO.

Back
Top Bottom