Doc I have spent soil building up.
This was the mix i used:
5gal Promix
1gal humus
2.5 pounds worm cast
1/2 cup 6-5-3 CaC03,Soft Rock Phosphate,Gypsum
1/4 cup Azomite
1/2 cup Magic Chicken

I know the only right way is to get a soil sample and order amendments, but could a guy get a decent run by just recharging and cycle it again?

Doc I have spent soil building up.
This was the mix i used:
5gal Promix
1gal humus
2.5 pounds worm cast
1/2 cup 6-5-3 CaC03,Soft Rock Phosphate,Gypsum
1/4 cup Azomite
1/2 cup Magic Chicken

I know the only right way is to get a soil sample and order amendments, but could a guy get a decent run by just recharging and cycle it again?

You'll get a "decent" run for sure. It might even be really good.

But it won't be as good as following the instructions to a "T". Just get a bale of promix and do it right!

Bloomit is included in the kit, along with Amaze/pgr. They're in a slightly different form. I've got you covered, bro. You've got everything you need in the kit.

I'm experimenting with some different things, which will be included in the kit if they work.
Awesome :D I put 2 clones(fresh cuts) in the amended soil (cooked like 1 week) following the instructions with the root and conditioner and man they took off in a couple day's. I am going to start the DocBud's high brix kit journal this week sometime.

Here are some pics. You can see what the addition of K-mag has done....the plants aren't quite as healthy, but the buds are larger and lower brix.
Picture_03036.jpg
Picture_02552.jpg

No K-mag on these....but I did top dress with some worm castings to see how that works.

Picture_03137.jpg
Picture_02937.jpg
Picture_02841.jpg
Picture_02740.jpg
Picture_02644.jpg
Picture_02342.jpg
Picture_02444.jpg

And a shot of the clone dome. These all come from pruning of what I call "teen moms." I don't keep mother plants.
Picture_02242.jpg

Interesting about the k-mag wonder how the smokes will compare.

It wil be OK. But it won't be as nice as it should have been. Adding a magnesium source really screwed things up....or was it the potassium? Either way, it only re-inforced what I already knew to be true; the soil composition isn't really debateable. It's got to be just right...period.

I think the worm poop topping will help a ton doc, they still look stellar but they don't look like your plants.

You don't think the lower ones look good? I like 'em, and they're running about 17 brix. Densest buds ever...frightening stuff. It's a cross between Afghani and Herijuana, very stable pheno and from what I'm told pretty dangerous stuff. Crippling Indica's are not usually my thing, but I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hub bub is about with this strain.

I just re-charged these lower plants as described in the kit instructions, but I also added a cup of worm castings on tops and watered it in. We'll see how they like it!

I'll have to stick to the instructions next cycle, as I can't afford these screw ups like with the K-mag.

But it won't be as good as following the instructions to a "T". Just get a bale of promix and do it right!
I am going to do your kit by the book, I was just looking to get a little more life out of the used soil.

I did mix up your kit the other day...it seems a little dry to me....any harm in adding additional water while it cooks?

On a side note...just for fun, last time i sprouted seeds I put 2 in solo cups full of pure worm castings...they popped right along with the rest...they grew fine and filled those cups up with roots...the leaves were a dark dark green....borderline N toxic I would guess...I think it would be very hard to over due worm poop.

I am going to do your kit by the book, I was just looking to get a little more life out of the used soil.

I did mix up your kit the other day...it seems a little dry to me....any harm in adding additional water while it cooks?

On a side note...just for fun, last time i sprouted seeds I put 2 in solo cups full of pure worm castings...they popped right along with the rest...they grew fine and filled those cups up with roots...the leaves were a dark dark green....borderline N toxic I would guess...I think it would be very hard to over due worm poop.

You don't want the soil too wet when it cooks. In a week, if you want, dump it out and re-mix it. What I do now is just transfer from one can to the other, stirring with a shovel as I go. This way, the wet stuff on bottom is now on top. You can add a gallon at this stage if you wish.

Hey Doc I wanted to know your thoughts on a couple of things. I was thinking of doing a side by side of bio char added in the kit mix and not. My thoughts are since its a amendment that doesn't add any npk but really just fosters growth and makes good housing for soil microbes and mycorrhizal fungi that it might be something that could possibly be a benefit to the mix. Also I have been reusing soil for a long time and was thinking if I decide to totally change over that I would get my soil that has be used/leached of nutrients tested to see if I could get an amendment for that being as I have probably have like 4-600 gallons of the stuff and I would hate to toss it out.

Hey Doc I wanted to know your thoughts on a couple of things. I was thinking of doing a side by side of bio char added in the kit mix and not. My thoughts are since its a amendment that doesn't add any npk but really just fosters growth and makes good housing for soil microbes and mycorrhizal fungi that it might be something that could possibly be a benefit to the mix. Also I have been reusing soil for a long time and was thinking if I decide to totally change over that I would get my soil that has be used/leached of nutrients tested to see if I could get an amendment for that being as I have probably have like 4-600 gallons of the stuff and I would hate to toss it out.

I'm way ahead of you. The "conditioner" in the kit is loaded with biochar. Carbon is used as a humectant in the soil....in other words it helps the soil soak up moisture in the air.

It's already included at the very start, during the soil preparation! I got your back!

Please don't add anything to the kit. Resist the temptation.....I can't resist it and I screwed up a crop by adding K-mag.

So I had an interesting thing happen tonite.

I cut off a small, lower bud from this plant a couple days ago.
Picture_02740.jpg

I squeezed a bud and its leaves and took a brix reading: 17. Holding pretty steady there. 18 once.

Anyways, these plants are a good four weeks from harvest, so it's way, way early. Well, I didn't clean by press tool and the pulverized sample had dried out. So, the crazy stoner side of me came out and of course I picked that sample off the plates and smoked it.

Really nice! Hmmmm. I know! It's dark and really cold, but it makes perfect sense to get some paper towells and glass cleaner and clean the inside windows of my car. Then I did the dishes.

Wow! When mature, this plant should have a massive body stone/couch lock effect. But early harvested like this was like speed. And now, about 45 minutes later there's not much left of it.

So this could make some interesting blends, with a nice creeper weed perhaps.....:hookah:

What strain is that one Doc? It looks like a heavy weight all ready!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom