How long should flowering cycle be for? Also flushing

Do not starve your plant before you harvest, that can be the biggest bulking time of the buds, don't hinder that

Flushing at the end of growing is an old myth...debunked now

Flushing salts out if your medium occasionally during growing is a good thing

Can't really have a set schedule anyway as they are ready when they ready, some strains are ready in less than 7 weeks some can go 12 weeks or more, along with other variables that can affect how long it takes.

Do not starve your plant before you harvest, that can be the biggest bulking time of the buds, don't hinder that

Flushing at the end of growing is an old myth...debunked now

Flushing salts out if your medium occasionally during growing is a good thing
Exactly! Remind me again when mother nature flushes all the nutrients out of the soil??
If you have some beneficial microbes in your root zone they should help break down any excess salts.

Also, instead of flushing i reuse my coco for my outdoor tomatoes and they're more than happy to have any residual nutes!

Attachments

• 20200201_130620.jpg
    20200201_130620.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 100
So dont flush just keep flowering until harvest no flushing
flushing is defined as running 3x the container size of water through the medium to cleanse it (flush it) of any excess nutes and built up salts. If you are running synthetic nutes, salts do build up and they need to be flushed several times during the grow, especially near the end so that you can achieve full water uptake during that last two weeks without salt restrictions.

flushing as defined by giving nothing but water for the last period of growth, 1 week or 2, is not technically flushing, because we now know it is impossible to flush the plant. Don't starve your plant at the end, buying into this myth of flushing the plant for better taste. Feed the plant all the way to the end so that it will have what it needs to finish out the buds, and only then will you get the full flavor and power of that plant in your harvest.

So dont flush just keep flowering until harvest no flushing
Yes. Rock on. That’s what I do. I’m not married to any particular non-scientific methodology. I’ve read up on it. I’ve even tried it, but It just doesn’t make sense to me. I wash my buds when I harvest. That makes a big difference in taste and it’s hygienic.

Back
Top Bottom