How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hi Any2cards,

Glad you checked out the tutorials and studied. If you can put your concentrate in a smoothie I'm concerned. It shouldn't come off the spoon. Its not to late for a decarb and strongly recommend it to make sure all the iso is burned off. 91% has more water in it than say 99.8 % so the decarb will take somewhat longer. Sounds more like 'green dragon' you made only with iso. Do a decarb about 240 degree's. It might take a tad longer, be patient and when the oil stops moving (smooth on the surface, no bubbles) then its complete. Next time try Spirytus polish vodka (same thing as Everclear but 96 proof instead of 95 proof). Three quick rinses gets the job done and makes an excellent concentrate. If you make a boo boo its food grade and is safe if swallowed. Keep reading the post on the tutorials again and you will pick up a lot of do's and don'ts, strains and the whole nine yards. Any questions, ask away, here to help. Good think you didn't give it to pops yet. Once decarboxylated it will pass through the brain properly when dosed correctly. Keep up the knowledge to heal your pops correctly. :Namaste:
ps...91 iso is not a deal breaker, you pulled out everything you could leaving it soak that long :) decarb and it will be fine, next batch will be much better. Peace

420 Motoco
What is "green dragon"???
Ok.....decarbed good to go. Have it in syringes going to teach dosing soon.
Is soaking it long bad?
Seems ISO is the budget route for sure but what is the negative?

Thanks,

Any2

Hi Any,

Green dragon is basically a drinkable/tincture style preparation using food grade alcohol, soaking too long is much better than not long enough in this particular case (see note below), and ISO is not food grade so you definitely don't want to consume the trace elements left behind by an improper decarb + the less alcohol content and more water the longer the decarb process and less effective the extraction.

As for washing, you want a quick wash while alcohol and cannabis are still cold from freezer to extract the most goodies and the least amount of impurities possible

:peace: and happy 4th to ya

Here's my Concentrated oil that I made from the tincture I had. This is about 3/4 cup, maybe a bit more than that, of tincture that had been reduced to oil concentrate. It's thick like axle grease. I've been on my dosages since last Friday, increasing gradually on my daytime dose. I'm up to about two grains of short rice. I forgot to bring my oil with me yesterday to work and about 4:00 I could tell that I needed that "booster", because the pain in my mouth from a nasty dental visit on Tuesday was bothering me. And I got that nausea and lethargic feeling back. So no more missing doses. LOL
My nighttime doses are working very well. I sleep through the night, no waking up with pain and nausea and no dreaming of pain and nausea. ;-)
If this is what it's like after just shy of a week using this oil, I can only imagine what I will feel like after it's settled into a routine in my body.

Cannabis_Oil6.jpg

I forgot to say, there is no High on the daytime doses. That's what worried me the most, because I have to stay clear headed during working hours. No worries on that now. :thumb:

Indeed, the more of us that can shout and attest to its benefits the more our chances of success removing the barriers for everyone else who should benefit as well :peace:

Good morning budnoob and cannafan. I retired a couple of months ago and I have been dosing ever since except for a week that I went to
south dakota, Wow I sure wish I had taken my oil with me. I dose with Harlequin twice during the day and with an indica oil at night. I tack a rice grain sized dose on the lower gums and enjoy the relief. I enjoy toking and getting stoned but with rso done right you can get the benefits without being stoned. Sometimes if not tacked right I will get stoned especially with the night time indica which I don't mind at night. Too many thing to do to be stone all the time.

right there with ya beemer, hate to go without for even a day but sometimes it happens. haven't had a problem with euphoria with dosing probably because i tack more smaller applications instead of trying to do fewer larger tacks, and when I do want a little euphoria I just spark one up :)

hey Moto, did you ever happen to find the time to follow up on the oven decarb method? sorry if I missed it but all I remember is that you said it would be worth looking into if RS recommended it. I might give it a try for a subset of the next batch and report back if you still think it's worthwhile.

hey Moto, did you ever happen to find the time to follow up on the oven decarb method? sorry if I missed it but all I remember is that you said it would be worth looking into if RS recommended it. I might give it a try for a subset of the next batch and report back if you still think it's worthwhile.
BN, for what it's worth, I decarb in the oven usually.

Good morning budnoob and cannafan. I retired a couple of months ago and I have been dosing ever since except for a week that I went to
south dakota, Wow I sure wish I had taken my oil with me. I dose with Harlequin twice during the day and with an indica oil at night. I tack a rice grain sized dose on the lower gums and enjoy the relief. I enjoy toking and getting stoned but with rso done right you can get the benefits without being stoned. Sometimes if not tacked right I will get stoned especially with the night time indica which I don't mind at night. Too many thing to do to be stone all the time.

I totally agree Beemerbill, way too much to do. LOL

I have some Harlequin seeds on order this week. It seems to be a highly recommended strain for this, so I'm going to give it a go. :thumb:

When you forgot to take your oil with you, did you find when you got back to it that you had to work your way back up to your regular dosage again? Not sure how long you had gone without it.

I am still using that pain cream I made from your recipe. Love that stuff!
Have a great day.
:)

Canna RSO oil is such a great med. I didn't forget to take it with me. My wife and sweetie is a legal beagle and refuses to go across state lines that don't have MMJ. Just the way it is. We didn't have anything for 8 days. My wife used the period to see just how dependent she is to her capsules and night time toking for sleep. After 10 days she finally figured out she can't be without as of yet. I didn't have any problems resuming the dose that I was on. I have about a half a pound of Royal Medic that I going to do an oil with. I think it will be a really good day time med being 75% sativa and 25% indica with 10% thc and 12% cbds. Gathering materials for the extraction. Happy Days

Hey budnoob2,

Yes I have Brother! I have to do thorough test for safety precautions. I've done ten, maybe more in the oven. I've been taking notes as each oven decarb is done. First I learned you have to have a sturdy stable platform to put the container on. If you just use a thin cookie sheet for example it could warp and spill your oil. Use a heavy pizza pan, pizza stone or even a cast iron skillet to rest your container of concentrate (to clarify-stainless steel). No worries of an oven explosion as the oven is vented and on the norm has a range vent also. I want to mention also grain alcohol is so much safer to work with. I start off at about 180d. so any alcohol left over burns off. Then you notice the oil stops moving, then I crank up the temp to start the actual decarb to about 220d, then to 245d. Depending on how much oil to decarboxylate for me it only takes about 30 minutes to 40 minutes. When it stops moving, its done. What makes the oven so efficient is the constant ambient temperature surrounding the concentrate completely. I use my microwave timer in 10 minute intervals to keep a scheduled monitoring system in place. So far the results have been excellent as well as very efficient. You guys have been doing it on a regular basis and hear nothing of fires or permanent orange hair doo's. Contrary to what people think about an oven it is vented. Huge difference if not vented. Still doing more test runs, so it is still not endorsed to 420 Magazine standards to insure strict safety standards but looks very promising to be sure (meaning 420 cannot recommend this method until proven safe and reliable is proven). So your input is important as well.

If I cannot take my medication with me I don't go. Traveling abroad is out of the question for me as well as my wife. I'll be checking out America and there is a ton I haven't seen. I'm not driving stoned, in fact, pay more attention to the road. If I have to dose more before going into a illegal state so be it. Being without my med's is not going to happen. NO one knows I'm even using it when traveling, in fact, most peeps think I'm a cop or fireman, lol. Sure is nice at the end of the day to look forward to vaping some great tasting herb, sitting on the back patio relaxing and star gazing. Making your head right has amazing healing qualities in itself :)

What is up Brother canjuncelt! Hope all is well with the wife and you!

Thanks cajun, can you PM me link to details/howto if you have one?
Absolutely. Let me get back to my computer. The link is a YouTube video put out by Skunk Farms I think?

Love those guys Brother!

Absolutely. Let me get back to my computer. The link is a YouTube video put out by Skunk Farms I think?

Back
Top Bottom