HulkBerry By Bartydiggerman

They are looking pretty good! I’m not the best at diagnosing leaf issues.

to tag people on here you have to add @ with no space before their name. @Bartydiggerman
@Emilya would be the one I would ask about what your seeing on your leaves.

They are looking pretty good! I’m not the best at diagnosing leaf issues.

to tag people on here you have to add @ with no space before their name. @Bartydiggerman
@Emilya would be the one I would ask about what your seeing on your leaves.

Thanks man
I’ll try and tag @Emilya and see if she sees it?
I’ve ordered Cal-mag to be on the safe side
Appreciate the input man!

Thanks man
I’ll try and tag @Emilya and see if she sees it?
I’ve ordered Cal-mag to be on the safe side
Appreciate the input man!
No problem at all! Your plants will like the fabric pots, they will provide more oxygen to the root zone and will air prune the roots when they reach the edges of the pot spitting them into finer roots. The biggest thing to get figured out is watering properly and following Emilya’s method like you have been is a sure fire way to succeed!

No problem at all! Your plants will like the fabric pots, they will provide more oxygen to the root zone and will air prune the roots when they reach the edges of the pot spitting them into finer roots. The biggest thing to get figured out is watering properly and following Emilya’s method like you have been is a sure fire way to succeed!

Ye ye 100%
It’s all learning for me but it just makes perfect sense doing it the way she explains
I’ve dropped her a message but couldn’t attach photo of poorly leaf... technology an me don’t mix too well
Peace

it looks to me like a bit of magnesium deficiency creeping in... I would add some calmag. Also be sure you are using my method completely, and making sure to dry those containers down to them being as light as a feather before watering each time. I would rather see them droop due to lack of water than the droop I am seeing in your pictures... it looks to me like you are watering too early. They cant just be noticeably lighter... they need to be so light you are amazed they are still standing there.

it looks to me like a bit of magnesium deficiency creeping in... I would add some calmag. Also be sure you are using my method completely, and making sure to dry those containers down to them being as light as a feather before watering each time. I would rather see them droop due to lack of water than the droop I am seeing in your pictures... it looks to me like you are watering too early. They cant just be noticeably lighter... they need to be so light you are amazed they are still standing there.

I Will do @Emilya
Appreciate your input!
Mucho appreciated
They both felt super light today when I potted on,
I’m away for 3 days now so couldn’t risk leaving them 72 hrs without a drink rightly or wrongly
So potentially I could add my Cal-mag in with my next feed when pots feel super light or should I add a small dose with ph water soon as I can? Obviously I have the luxury of the fabric pots to not have to worry about over watering??
It’s thrown me a bit as first 3-4 weeks have seemilnly been problem free...

I Will do @Emilya
Appreciate your input!
Mucho appreciated
They both felt super light today when I potted on,
I’m away for 3 days now so couldn’t risk leaving them 72 hrs without a drink rightly or wrongly
So potentially I could add my Cal-mag in with my next feed when pots feel super light or should I add a small dose with ph water soon as I can? Obviously I have the luxury of the fabric pots to not have to worry about over watering??
It’s thrown me a bit as first 3-4 weeks have seemilnly been problem free...
no, it is not true that you can't overwater fabric pots... water can set in the bottom and the middle of the container just like it can in hard sided pots. Whomever told you that one was dead wrong... the only thing you can't overwater is coco. I guess I should make sure at this point that you are in soil?

I agree that you can't leave for 72 hours without watering but after that, experiment a bit and see just how dry you can get them before they start to actually wilt... but that is going to be hard to see if they are constantly drooping like this. Those upper leaves should all be reaching up toward the light, praying as they call it these days. This lack of lift means that the lower roots are not working at full strength, and the main reason for that to happen is watering too often.

A little mag deficiency isn't worth continuing to overwater. Wait till your next watering session and give it then, and then after that with each feeding... just always remember to add the calmag in first as you start adding nutes to your mix.

LST #HulkBerry Day #16

Only had time tonight to do one of the girls before lights off,

Bent main stem and tied down majority of side shoots bit unsure if to trim any larger leaves that are in the way, took off very bottom scraggly set of leaves and 1” long stem that had gotten very little light and remained under foilage after lst

First time so be gentle if I’ve totally messed it up!

Side profile and one from above
887C1450-C496-4C3F-85F3-C2E9F52B819A.jpeg
D2D1CE56-245D-44E4-8A99-B74755A6F7DD.jpeg

If it’s way off the mark please feel free to tell me cause the other ones gonna be getting bent over when she wakes up this afternoon

Peace

Day #17
#HulkBerry

LST #2 plant

All looking good after re-homing both girls, last nights LST on #1 seems to have gone well all stem/bud site that were splayed round edge of pot have perked towards this mornings light, so full steam ahead with #2
21E3979A-D016-4728-ABA1-862751611869.jpeg

Tied main stem with an anchor on opposite side and tied down 8/9 shoots
This mornings training seems to have been effective and smooth enough so hoping for same from this beauty

AFD833FD-1A2E-4E9F-AA9E-7C2039A48ABA.jpeg

Temps and humidity all sound

Any input welcome @Backflipside @Ganjagrandaddie

Peace
:thumb:

Quick check in before my lights out,
Tokin on a fattie Star Dawg that I missed out on cuttings from (DAMN)

#HulkBerry from seed (instead)
Before and after LST and only 6hrs light later :thumb:
65645BB1-B60D-4286-93B9-3FD5D2DB5E9F.jpeg

611BD9B5-A49C-4A59-95BF-7401FF987865.png

Buzzin with how they bounce back
672A5DEB-5440-4D35-88DD-F34A701C9BDF.jpeg

Sorry about the light on the grow room photo...
04C9FD5D-0F25-4AEC-8478-F28A24F385A8.jpeg

Seem to get a better picture off my grow room cam than my iPhone...

Peace :green_heart:

@Backflipside @Ganjagrandaddie
It’s actually lip. Lol gets people all the time. Back Side Lip Slide (skateboard trick) :headbanger:

and here I’ll fix that for ya, he goes by @Ganjagrandaddy :ciao:

@Bartydiggerman dont be afraid to remove a few of the big fan leaves that are blocking light from penetrating down under. Don’t remove them all, just a few of the most troubling areas. You can bend and tuck fan leaves under other branches, but they do eventually pop back up and if you find you’re fighting a losing battle. Just remove the bastards lol

with a nice pinch of you’re thumbs nail, going into the side of you’re pointer finger will kick them right off:thumb:

Day #17
#HulkBerry

LST #2 plant

All looking good after re-homing both girls, last nights LST on #1 seems to have gone well all stem/bud site that were splayed round edge of pot have perked towards this mornings light, so full steam ahead with #2
21E3979A-D016-4728-ABA1-862751611869.jpeg

Tied main stem with an anchor on opposite side and tied down 8/9 shoots
This mornings training seems to have been effective and smooth enough so hoping for same from this beauty

AFD833FD-1A2E-4E9F-AA9E-7C2039A48ABA.jpeg

Temps and humidity all sound

Any input welcome @Backflipside @Ganjagrandaddie

Peace
:thumb:
sorry bud missed this. Good choice on training them out. works wonders for most strains. It does feel damaging initially but once you see the amazing recovery , it helps push the next attempt..I do think pot size and lst have to be in synch for the flip piint to flowering . I use 30L min so they have a wide enough place to tie the horizontal growth to. I try to keep no less than a 20° uptick on them as they train so they all think they are going to be the mainstem , I missed this titbit for a while but it does help to fool the auxins into equal energy distribution if caught right and a great canopy. Snapped limbs can be sorted very quickly with tape and a little rooting hormone and if fail , the plant Will send another to fill the gap of equal size. Too explain a little better , I love quadlining photoperiods and have broken a limb off during the last leaving 3 for the mains . I carried on training the remainder ,a little pissed that i lost such a formed and trained arm. As I was long vegging and growing a few at the same time, I failed to notice the replaced limb until a defol pre flower flip. It had accelerated a lower limb and matched the missing one in girth and production of sites to flower at. See the same with major defol before flowering cycles. They always replace the stuff we take out if time is available. seems to be the natural way they do it and caused dilemmas when trying to defoliate initially and seeing them grow straight back. felt like a losing battle often.lol.
sorry for the ramble lol
looks like you are on track with it . The pot edges in a 30L for me , is my flip guide now. I let the stretch and vertical growth work together to help go for longer colas. tip spreading can help keep the long nodes strains from stretching too much for more sativa based growth characteristics. . Strain certainly helps. this auto is all natural and only bent over at her 5th node instead of topping. spikes are a natural for this strain nice think
20210307_131018.jpg
20210307_130923.jpg

Keep the faith and punish them .heehee. Will happily stroll along too. Good luck.

sorry bud missed this. Good choice on training them out. works wonders for most strains. It does feel damaging initially but once you see the amazing recovery , it helps push the next attempt..I do think pot size and lst have to be in synch for the flip piint to flowering . I use 30L min so they have a wide enough place to tie the horizontal growth to. I try to keep no less than a 20° uptick on them as they train so they all think they are going to be the mainstem , I missed this titbit for a while but it does help to fool the auxins into equal energy distribution if caught right and a great canopy. Snapped limbs can be sorted very quickly with tape and a little rooting hormone and if fail , the plant Will send another to fill the gap of equal size. Too explain a little better , I love quadlining photoperiods and have broken a limb off during the last leaving 3 for the mains . I carried on training the remainder ,a little pissed that i lost such a formed and trained arm. As I was long vegging and growing a few at the same time, I failed to notice the replaced limb until a defol pre flower flip. It had accelerated a lower limb and matched the missing one in girth and production of sites to flower at. See the same with major defol before flowering cycles. They always replace the stuff we take out if time is available. seems to be the natural way they do it and caused dilemmas when trying to defoliate initially and seeing them grow straight back. felt like a losing battle often.lol.
sorry for the ramble lol
looks like you are on track with it . The pot edges in a 30L for me , is my flip guide now. I let the stretch and vertical growth work together to help go for longer colas. tip spreading can help keep the long nodes strains from stretching too much for more sativa based growth characteristics. . Strain certainly helps. this auto is all natural and only bent over at her 5th node instead of topping. spikes are a natural for this strain nice think
20210307_131018.jpg
20210307_130923.jpg

Keep the faith and punish them .heehee. Will happily stroll along too. Good luck.

Sound
Nice one for those pointers pal...
Where ya at in UK?
I’m in Yorkshire!
Gods own county ;-)

Ye bit scary that first attempt at LST!

I’ll get there

Peace :thumb:

Sound
Nice one for those pointers pal...
Where ya at in UK?
I’m in Yorkshire!
Gods own county ;-)

Ye bit scary that first attempt at LST!

I’ll get there

I am Robin Hood County. bloody arrows everywhere and fat sheriffs. lol
my pleasure mate. can be a worry being told to cut bits and snap this and that off for more.lol no logic in seeing them tortured but wow do they behave and respond. Still learning to be cruel to autos at the moment and finding the same apprehension as you are experiencing lol. These things work fast and can beat us by hitting flower at the wrong time when a break or repair is needed. Photoperiods can be really compliant and throw energy where its needed if given time. The l.s.t is also a chemical signal trick . The loss of the main causes her to begin looking for the new one. with the angle upwards of the lower growth, she gets tricked into spreading the booster auxins and lots of mains. This makes the differences between donkey dicks and lots of unform medium bud sites I feel. With enough resources , they can work wonders despite our attempts to stunt their size . lol
Hulkberry can be a long flower too but if harvested at their sweet spot , they are head bangers and so kushy. heavy leaf makers but trim up to some solid , dirty looking buds. Nice choice. I did some breeding with mine and got a monster new strain from it called Hulklato. Donkey dick is the master of growing it now on here with some great examples of it. keep the faith brother. lol

Day #21

Had a light de-fol took away a couple of lower leafs an a problem fan leaf gettin in way,
On inspection later in the day before their bed time it seems a few of these beauty’s appearing now...

4DFE3524-86A5-4557-95BB-D99C034C692C.jpeg

262368C3-96BA-4EDE-929E-92D54585818D.jpeg

Starting to get the even canopy on one of the girls so need to push the other in the right direction aswell later today, just gonna re-arrange my tie downs an see if I can get them all a bit flatter

0EC45BB7-326A-4809-9FB9-487E3DA93B2B.png

Thinking another week of veg yet as I’ve a lowish roof height, still not watered from 6 days ago but starting to feel super light on lifting so I’ll keep waiting for them to tell me their ready @Emilya @Backlipslide @Ganjagrandaddy

Any input welcome

Have a MEGA weekend

Day #21

Had a light de-fol room away a couple of lower leafs an problem fan leaf gettin in way,
On inspection later in the day before their bed time it seems a few of these beauty’s appearing now...

4DFE3524-86A5-4557-95BB-D99C034C692C.jpeg

262368C3-96BA-4EDE-929E-92D54585818D.jpeg

Starting to get the even canopy on one of the girls so need to push the other in the right direction aswell later today, just gonna re-arrange my tie downs an see if I can get them all a bit flatter

0EC45BB7-326A-4809-9FB9-487E3DA93B2B.png

Thinking another week of veg yet as I’ve a lowish roof height, still not watered from 6 days ago but starting to feel super light on lifting so I’ll keep waiting for them to tell me their ready @Emilya @Backlipslide @Ganjagrandaddy

Any input welcome

Have a MEGA weekend

excellent job. wish i could hit the watering bang on as Emilya teaches but still fairly newish to l.o.s soil. I use somen60L too so lifting them to check is great if they are dry as a nuns crotch but any water around , makes them heavier than Mrs GG's handbags !!.
Good to see the female showing through before flip. shows a maturity in her that is waiting now for the timento pump those flowers out. I do have a journal with hulkberry on here that will hopefully be of some use in flower. I grew it and fell out with the strain bug time pre harvest. The buds formed like pasta spirals and I had a lot of leaf to bud too. being used to spongy/chubby buds , I saw these spirals and felt the genetics were awful and creating foxtails instead of buds. I had taken cuttings of the mother and was well into the cloning process at this point so felt gutted. I was hinging my next grow on these promised top notch killers and felt gutted!!!!. BOY DID I GET IT SO WRONG !!!. My dissapointment was a wasted emotion as the flowering period went on amd her frost and potency started to shownup . Still convinced it was a bit of a failure due to structure and the damn leaf coverage I was seeing I got harvest pissed that it had gone on a little longer in flower too , I decided to dry un-trimmed and considered just making hash from the crappie failure !!!!!! I also made the error of tasting the buds before the real dry and heat dried a few budlets with the obvious harsh tasting and cough inducing , leafy victim. Convinced even more after drying that they would be only usable as hash to save them, I left them in their jar with a boveda oatches and enjoyed smoking the other strains I had harvested. When I did finally hit the Hulkberry , my clone grow had progressed and I had been hit with soidermite on all but 1 surviving plant from 9 clones. 2 I gave away before mites hit them but I saw it as Karma for a crap strain still at this point. She had grown long and lanky but I had other strains running so it didn't faze me. During the run I had a hermit from a blue gelato from barneys farm and it spat some pollen into the flowering grow room !!!. Yet more panic and stress for the grow it seemed bit fortunately I caught it in time to stop a major disaster. Late flower I began to notice a few small patches on most of the strains had seed pods with mature seeds in them. On checking the result of the plants and their whole areas, I found on a few clusters on each plant I had running . It yielded crossed seeds from around 7 strains and had just caught the Hulkberry on one branch. It all seemed like fate was kicking my ass for something or other and I tooknthebhit amd stored the seeds. A few weeks on and i hit the hulkberry jars as I was doing a trim hash run. I gave the container they were in a really good battering before I bothered looking inside . I wanted to start the hash process off right with them and couldn't see the point of a trim up and manicure. When I opened the tub I was nearly knocked over with the potent kush aroma alone !!!. The buds had separated from the leaf and left really solid budlets that were covered in trichs and looked deadly. it took me many hours finding every last bud looking piece of trim from the tub and I hoarded them like Golum!!!. Holy cow this girl hit like a steam train being run on crack . The seeds that I was able to collect from her were carefully looked through and I removed the ones that looked pointless and "blind" like lemon seeds. I ended up with a good clutch of viable and sexy looking hulkberry/blue gelato42 seeds. I seriously underestimated the pheno of the Hulkberry I had and its potential due to its growing style amd appearance. Other grows of it had given a different pheno than mine with a chunkier bud set. I hope the above waffle is relevant to explain how different they can appear to grow and being unsure of the genetics , how it can be off putting to see something that doesn't mimic expected patterns of growing mj. Those spirals were natural and not foxtailing and boy were they special!!!!.

I have seen the bred seeds grown successfully by Donkey dick and he has mastered their growth patterns and style . We named them Hulklato and from his account, it seems she kicks ass like mommy did.
Enjoy this strain in a safe place to crash out while you adjust.lol
be well matey

excellent job. wish i could hit the watering bang on as Emilya teaches but still fairly newish to l.o.s soil. I use somen60L too so lifting them to check is great if they are dry as a nuns crotch but any water around , makes them heavier than Mrs GG's handbags !!.
Good to see the female showing through before flip. shows a maturity in her that is waiting now for the timento pump those flowers out. I do have a journal with hulkberry on here that will hopefully be of some use in flower. I grew it and fell out with the strain bug time pre harvest. The buds formed like pasta spirals and I had a lot of leaf to bud too. being used to spongy/chubby buds , I saw these spirals and felt the genetics were awful and creating foxtails instead of buds. I had taken cuttings of the mother and was well into the cloning process at this point so felt gutted. I was hinging my next grow on these promised top notch killers and felt gutted!!!!. BOY DID I GET IT SO WRONG !!!. My dissapointment was a wasted emotion as the flowering period went on amd her frost and potency started to shownup . Still convinced it was a bit of a failure due to structure and the damn leaf coverage I was seeing I got harvest pissed that it had gone on a little longer in flower too , I decided to dry un-trimmed and considered just making hash from the crappie failure !!!!!! I also made the error of tasting the buds before the real dry and heat dried a few budlets with the obvious harsh tasting and cough inducing , leafy victim. Convinced even more after drying that they would be only usable as hash to save them, I left them in their jar with a boveda oatches and enjoyed smoking the other strains I had harvested. When I did finally hit the Hulkberry , my clone grow had progressed and I had been hit with soidermite on all but 1 surviving plant from 9 clones. 2 I gave away before mites hit them but I saw it as Karma for a crap strain still at this point. She had grown long and lanky but I had other strains running so it didn't faze me. During the run I had a hermit from a blue gelato from barneys farm and it spat some pollen into the flowering grow room !!!. Yet more panic and stress for the grow it seemed bit fortunately I caught it in time to stop a major disaster. Late flower I began to notice a few small patches on most of the strains had seed pods with mature seeds in them. On checking the result of the plants and their whole areas, I found on a few clusters on each plant I had running . It yielded crossed seeds from around 7 strains and had just caught the Hulkberry on one branch. It all seemed like fate was kicking my ass for something or other and I tooknthebhit amd stored the seeds. A few weeks on and i hit the hulkberry jars as I was doing a trim hash run. I gave the container they were in a really good battering before I bothered looking inside . I wanted to start the hash process off right with them and couldn't see the point of a trim up and manicure. When I opened the tub I was nearly knocked over with the potent kush aroma alone !!!. The buds had separated from the leaf and left really solid budlets that were covered in trichs and looked deadly. it took me many hours finding every last bud looking piece of trim from the tub and I hoarded them like Golum!!!. Holy cow this girl hit like a steam train being run on crack . The seeds that I was able to collect from her were carefully looked through and I removed the ones that looked pointless and "blind" like lemon seeds. I ended up with a good clutch of viable and sexy looking hulkberry/blue gelato42 seeds. I seriously underestimated the pheno of the Hulkberry I had and its potential due to its growing style amd appearance. Other grows of it had given a different pheno than mine with a chunkier bud set. I hope the above waffle is relevant to explain how different they can appear to grow and being unsure of the genetics , how it can be off putting to see something that doesn't mimic expected patterns of growing mj. Those spirals were natural and not foxtailing and boy were they special!!!!.

I have seen the bred seeds grown successfully by Donkey dick and he has mastered their growth patterns and style . We named them Hulklato and from his account, it seems she kicks ass like mommy did.
Enjoy this strain in a safe place to crash out while you adjust.lol
be well matey
forgot to add that they grow very tall if allowed to. longer flowering is their sweet spot too. 11 weeks could be rhe end point but the extra is well worth it.

Back
Top Bottom