I Need to Ask This

Stargazer32862

I know there has to be at least one person on this forum who might have dealt with this. For those of you who have grown your own and lived in the country. Have you ever had a problem with the local wildlife or domestic livestock eating your crop?

Deer would definitely eat them if I were growing outside, but I grow inside so not a problem...

Do cats count? Also, when I was growing outside I had bunnies chomp a few, and my daughters grow got eaten by a deer. Mice will eat seedlings.
I'm really surprised that cats would. My daughter has four and those little troublemakers are always into the plants. I'm sure if you had some catnip growing next to it, they would go for that instead. The reason why I asked is because I saw a picture of a cow eating a crop that was almost ready to harvest. They were going for the leaves.

I know there has to be at least one person on this forum who might have dealt with this. For those of you who have grown your own and lived in the country. Have you ever had a problem with the local wildlife or domestic livestock eating your crop?
Yes had rabbits ,deer, kangaroos and other critters eat my plants. The most successful plant grown in the bush that hasn't been ravaged at all is this grow in the link and when you look you will see why 🤣

Yes had rabbits ,deer, kangaroos and other critters eat my plants. The most successful plant grown in the bush that hasn't been ravaged at all is this grow in the link and when you look you will see why 🤣
You don't have flying Roo's? Ya better watch out the Koalas might climb up there and get it...

Koala.jpg

I'm really surprised that cats would. My daughter has four and those little troublemakers are always into the plants. I'm sure if you had some catnip growing next to it, they would go for that instead. The reason why I asked is because I saw a picture of a cow eating a crop that was almost ready to harvest. They were going for the leaves.
Actually, I DO have catnip growing next to it. They all love the catnip, but one of my girls prefers the weed leaves hands down if it is a choice. She will accept nip if I absolutely refuse leaves, but not happily. Her father was the same before we lost him. They both ONLY care/d about the outer 50ish percent of the leaves, and had zero interest in any leaf with trichomes on it.

I also have three who couldn't care less about any of my plants (live catnip included, tho they like it dried). And then one who will eat or sleep on every/any live catnip plant she can find and does not care for any other plants.

Actually, I DO have catnip growing next to it. They all love the catnip, but one of my girls prefers the weed leaves hands down if it is a choice. She will accept nip if I absolutely refuse leaves, but not happily. Her father was the same before we lost him. They both ONLY care/d about the outer 50ish percent of the leaves, and had zero interest in any leaf with trichomes on it.

I also have three who couldn't care less about any of my plants (live catnip included, tho they like it dried). And then one who will eat or sleep on every/any live catnip plant she can find and does not care for any other plants.
Lol! My daughter has a king-size bed. And in between her, her hubby, and four cats, I don't see how she can sleep at night.

I don't sleep at night very much anyway, so it works out :D

Your daughter sounds like my kind of people <3
Yeah, we always had pets. But we had a German shepherd that got jealous when the kids brought home a new kitten. At least with cats, she doesn't have to worry about rodents. As soon as her new house was ready we moved in. That winter a mouse took up residence in a hole under the drain spout. But he must have caught wind that there were cats in the house cause he left.

Back
Top Bottom