Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

re: Icemud's Intelligent Gro 2 LED Grow With V-Scrog - Going for 1lb & Beyond!

Thank you B A R !!
You're welcomed...

even had my 30x magnifier I held in front of the camera to get some close ups of the trichomes...LOL not as easy as it may seem...
Tell me about it Ice but I have a new appointed photographer so I might be having some decent Trich Pics soon.

Shouldn't be too long from now :) I am guessing 1-2 weeks
That's whats up!

Looks Great Ice :bravo:

Looking great! Pretty soon 'till you harvest, no?

Did a trichome check yesterday, mostly still clear with some cloudy so they probably have another week, maybe 2 to go.

Hey everyone...

Today makes day 57 of flowering and the ladies continue to fatten up and get larger as they get closer to harvest. I pulled out my 30x lupe and looked at the trichomes and they are still mostly clear with a little bit of cloudy so I know I still have another week to 2 weeks to go.

Not much else to report on :)

Here are today's photos.

IMG_0001213.JPG
IMG_0003232.JPG
IMG_0004224.JPG
IMG_0005218.JPG
IMG_0006206.JPG
IMG_0007189.JPG
IMG_0008189.JPG
IMG_0009184.JPG
IMG_0010181.JPG
IMG_0011163.JPG
IMG_0012145.JPG
IMG_0013147.JPG
IMG_0014139.JPG

Hey Icemud question for you. How do you do a flush on your plants when they are in a Vscrog and you can't remove them from your tent? Just trying to think ahead for when I do a Vscrog on the next go around in the cabinet. Thx

Hey Icemud question for you. How do you do a flush on your plants when they are in a Vscrog and you can't remove them from your tent? Just trying to think ahead for when I do a Vscrog on the next go around in the cabinet. Thx

Hey SBG!

I don't really "flush" my plants for any reason unless there is a issue with the soil, and in the case I do, then I just run water though them, and unfortnately the only way to remove it from the drip trays is with a turkey baster currently. I have heard of people using shop vacs..but personally I just use a turkey baster....its a long tedious process though...would be nice to have them on some sort of tray where they could just drain...maybe in future setups..

Aaah the good ole multi-purpose turkey baster. I was thinking of some kind of large plastic tray and put a drain tube into it. Can I assume you use organic's nutes for the reason of no flush at end of flowering.

Aaah the good ole multi-purpose turkey baster. I was thinking of some kind of large plastic tray and put a drain tube into it. Can I assume you use organic's nutes for the reason of no flush at end of flowering.

One thing that could make life a little easier for you guys is Sierra Tools Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Pump
you can find it on amazon for about 14 bucks including shipping. It works a hell of a lot faster than a turkey baster ( up to 1.5gpm) and can be used for many other liquids which make it an economical purchase. ( i try not to buy anything unless it has more than one use)

hope someone else finds it helpful o/

One thing that could make life a little easier for you guys is Sierra Tools Battery-Operated Liquid Transfer Pump
you can find it on amazon for about 14 bucks including shipping. It works a hell of a lot faster than a turkey baster ( up to 1.5gpm) and can be used for many other liquids which make it an economical purchase. ( i try not to buy anything unless it has more than one use)

hope someone else finds it helpful o/

Hey Jinn...thanks for the recommendation.

Hey Jinn...thanks for the recommendation.

no problem man, I can't wait to see how your beautiful girls finish!! keep it up man.

Couple of questions, why are you vscrogging? is it necessary with 3 lamps? Also that is a lot of light in the area you are covering, is it overkill or do you think the plants are using all the light available?

Cheers

Hey donbronzi!!! Good questins...

The reason I am v-scroggin is that it works best in my sized space to get the most out of my plants as far as yield. It also helps support the canopy quite nicely and overall is just fun to do. :)

Its not necessary with 3 lamps but for optimal conditions for my grow, the 3x 180w LED's are the perfect fit for my size growing area. The thing with LED's is they can be very bright and intense, but the light doesn't spread as nicely as HID bulbs, so the coverage area of LED's for Optimal lighting is typically right under the panel and maybe 1' outside of that area. So in order to have great results in my tent, the lighting I am using is almost optimal for my size grow (for the best buds, dense and good yield) My last grow I did with just 2 of the same size lights, and it nowhere was near what I am used to harvesting...so I mean it did grow in the same sized tent with only 2 lights, but the results were not up to my standards to be happy as far as yield. I actually could put more lights in the tent because they are not receiving the full 600-700 uMol across the tent and only in the middle of the tent the plants are getting intense light...I probably could put 2 more of the same size LED'ss in there to get even better results. Really you can't go overkill unless your plants are receiving over 1600 uMol of light across the entire canopy...

Good answers, i particularly like the line "overall is just fun to do" that is what its about. Your room is 4' x 2'? I would have hoped that 3 was perfect for that space or 4 would have worked in an area 120cm x 120cm? You are totally correct in that LEDs should be used as many small units as opposed to 1 big unit. Do you think these units are as efficient as a similar wattage HID setup? are the plants liking the spectrums in that unit?

Good answers, i particularly like the line "overall is just fun to do" that is what its about. Your room is 4' x 2'? I would have hoped that 3 was perfect for that space or 4 would have worked in an area 120cm x 120cm? You are totally correct in that LEDs should be used as many small units as opposed to 1 big unit. Do you think these units are as efficient as a similar wattage HID setup? are the plants liking the spectrums in that unit?

If you go back I think like 1-3 pages in my journal, I posted photos of all my past grows under 1000w of HID.... visually at this time I have to say that the LED grow is keeping up with and possibly even producing more than the HID setup...

My tent is considered a 2x4 tent however it actually is bigger than that... its 2.5x5'x7' so it is slightly larger than a regular 2x4 tent. I have to say that the 3 lights is perfect for the space, but more light is better :) lol Its not like nutrients where more is not better, with light, up until the "light saturation point" plants can use as much as you will give them (temp and CO2 allowing).

I think LED technology as of today is as efficient as HID technology and in some cases even better. What I do know is that it usually takes about 60-80% LED watts to eqaul HID watts, meaning that if you have a 1000w HID system, you should be replacing it with at least 600 LED watts or more to get similar results (depending on the actual LED and chips used). I definitely think these LED's are MORE efficient that HID systems and do not plan on using HID again.... LED not only is effiecent, but it produces more terpenes, resin, trichomes and higher thc content as far as test results I have reviewed. So not only can you grow equal crop yields with slightly less energy, the overall product is better IMO.

As far as the plants liking the spectrum...its seems that they do :) I have huge chunky frosty buds just gleeming back at me when I open my grow tent, so I think the spectrum is good according to what I am seeing.... is it optimal...nobody can answer that question, not even scientists...because each plant, species, even phenotype uses light differently so I don't believe we will ever reach the "perfect" spectrum, but I think these Intelligent Gro's offer a great spectrum that covers the full blue region, as well as a pretty broad red area as well, so it does cover all the key points for photosynthesis and other carotenoids.

I think if LED is used correctly, and given at least 60% the watts of the HID you are replacing, then the results should be very similar if not better.

If you go back I think like 1-3 pages in my journal, I posted photos of all my past grows under 1000w of HID.... visually at this time I have to say that the LED grow is keeping up with and possibly even producing more than the HID setup...

My tent is considered a 2x4 tent however it actually is bigger than that... its 2.5x5'x7' so it is slightly larger than a regular 2x4 tent. I have to say that the 3 lights is perfect for the space, but more light is better :) lol Its not like nutrients where more is not better, with light, up until the "light saturation point" plants can use as much as you will give them (temp and CO2 allowing).

I think LED technology as of today is as efficient as HID technology and in some cases even better. What I do know is that it usually takes about 60-80% LED watts to eqaul HID watts, meaning that if you have a 1000w HID system, you should be replacing it with at least 600 LED watts or more to get similar results (depending on the actual LED and chips used). I definitely think these LED's are MORE efficient that HID systems and do not plan on using HID again.... LED not only is effiecent, but it produces more terpenes, resin, trichomes and higher thc content as far as test results I have reviewed. So not only can you grow equal crop yields with slightly less energy, the overall product is better IMO.

As far as the plants liking the spectrum...its seems that they do :) I have huge chunky frosty buds just gleeming back at me when I open my grow tent, so I think the spectrum is good according to what I am seeing.... is it optimal...nobody can answer that question, not even scientists...because each plant, species, even phenotype uses light differently so I don't believe we will ever reach the "perfect" spectrum, but I think these Intelligent Gro's offer a great spectrum that covers the full blue region, as well as a pretty broad red area as well, so it does cover all the key points for photosynthesis and other carotenoids.

I think if LED is used correctly, and given at least 60% the watts of the HID you are replacing, then the results should be very similar if not better.

Hie Icemude, nice grow.
From your case, I would rather to say, good LED grow light watt save more than 50% power of HID.
You are using 3 units of 180W (balster included), means 540W totally if you don't use the Controller. with the controller 20% more power is saved.
HID bulb 1000W with balaster efficiency around 80% means total wattage is 1250W.
Comparing 540W LED vs 1250W HID, power saved 56.8%.
Comparing 540x80% LED Vs 1250W HID, power saved 65%.

LED technology is developing more and more, spectrum and lens are the key issue to have more efficiency.

Damn ice coming along very nicely!!! Is it me or do these plants grow significantly faster with these gen 2's I just flipped 2 weeks ago and I am startin to see budding I mean nothing major but he'll of a lot quicker than my last attempt with the gen 1's!!! I gotta get pics up haha. Awesome so far can't wait to see the final product!!!

I would agree, i think the key with LEDs is to understand how they emit the light. With HID you can put a light in and let 4 plants grow (within reason), LEDs are def suited to efficient growing technics like VSCROG, SCROG and SOG. I have 4 hans panels and will purchase 3 of these panels too i think. I love the 'no heat issue', my plants look greener and stockier than under any other light. The node spacing is less making for more compact plants.

Good work on your grow, looks great so far.

Damn ice coming along very nicely!!! Is it me or do these plants grow significantly faster with these gen 2's I just flipped 2 weeks ago and I am startin to see budding I mean nothing major but he'll of a lot quicker than my last attempt with the gen 1's!!! I gotta get pics up haha. Awesome so far can't wait to see the final product!!!

I just looked back at my gen 1 journal and they seem to be about the same as far as maturity, however huge significant difference in bud size as the gen 2 buds are much much larger and fuller. Now to be fair I do have 3 lights instead of 2 so that is part of the difference I am seeing. I did notice with LED in general they do seem to finish faster than HID.... for some reason I remember more of my HID grows going into the 75 day range where LED seems to be ready about a week sooner... which is a nice perk :)

I would agree, i think the key with LEDs is to understand how they emit the light. With HID you can put a light in and let 4 plants grow (within reason), LEDs are def suited to efficient growing technics like VSCROG, SCROG and SOG. I have 4 hans panels and will purchase 3 of these panels too i think. I love the 'no heat issue', my plants look greener and stockier than under any other light. The node spacing is less making for more compact plants.

Good work on your grow, looks great so far.

Thanks for the compliments Donbronzi! Yea really any light for that matter.... I've seen some phenominal plants grown with just CFL, I mean huge colas and large plants, but I've seen crappy results too...its really understanding the light source and how the light is emitted like you said... and when lights are used properly...the results follow :) I agree, LED makes my plants thrive, I mean they grow faster, seem healthier and seem to definitely taste better :)

I definitely see no turning back to HID for me.. :)

Back
Top Bottom