In The Lab

I'm cooking mine inside and it's not a problem. Keep it off the floor, of course, and in the warmest environment you can manage, but mine does fine at 70+ degrees in 15 gallon and 30 gallon bins. The only problem is mixing it indoors. :cheesygrinsmiley: For that, a child's pool, blowup or collapseable, works great. It's still messy, though.

I just mixed mine Friday. I used Three 30 gallon Buckets Covered With Folded Tarp And Fit Them Stacked In An Unused Closet.

I used 2 large bins and mixed it with a hand trowel then stacked them in my grow room. Fact is, it's gonna take up some space, but it just needs a place to sit.

60_gal_worth.JPG

I used 2 large bins and mixed it with a hand trowel then stacked them in my grow room. Fact is, it's gonna take up some space, but it just needs a place to sit.

60_gal_worth.JPG

I use the bin to the left, I have four and have a rotation of dirt. right now I have 2 empty waiting for 2nd run soil for a 3rd cook then some 2nd run cooking waiting to be used and am about to order a new kit and bale for the 1st or starting bin. I keep it in my grow room that is about 78 degrees F and when I add leaf or root mass to the cooking soil, in 30 days later there is never a sign of such.

Thanks guys!

I was worried about 2 things specifically I should have mentioned:

-combustible gases being produced (sounds like your houses didn't blow up yet) (and i never said I was a scientist!)

-wife factor "you are cooking shit that smells like shit in the house...etc"

heheh can't wait!!!!!

Thanks guys!

I was worried about 2 things specifically I should have mentioned:

-combustible gases being produced (sounds like your houses didn't blow up yet) (and i never said I was a scientist!)

-wife factor "you are cooking shit that smells like shit in the house...etc"

heheh can't wait!!!!!

The soil won't have much smell at all, and the mild odor it does have will actually be pleasant! No gasses, combustible or otherwise. High Brix soil smells fresh. It's not at all unpleasant.

Doc,
I have been reading forums for 5 years and this is the first time I have ever been motivated to post. I am very interested in trying your kit. I have been a hydro guy for years but your plants look ridiculous so I have to move in that direction. Could you PM me so that I could purchase a kit? I don't have enough posts to do it directly. Thanks in advance.

Ditto

Doc, general question:

Before I start with your kit, I have another soil grow which is already underway (still in veg) and I need to see through to the end. I will eventually flower this grow in super-soil which will have been cooked nearly 5 months by the time I finally use it. OK.

Now, while reading your threads, I came across the 6-5-3 thing.

I was wondering what your thoughts are around possibly adding 6-5-3 to the super-soil (contents below) I have cooking.

If you think it is a good idea to add 6-5-3, then how much would you recommend? I have 10 gallons of super-soil cooking. How much 6-5-3 may possibly be good to use for 10 gal, for example?

Thanks Doc!

Soil recipe:

Base soil = Black Gold

• Bat Guano
• Bone Meal
• Blood Meal
• Epsom Salt
• Powdered Humic Acid
• Kelp Powder
• Alfalfa meal
• Azomite
• Dolomite lime
• Mycorrhizal Fungi-Endo Fungi(134sp per gram)
• Worm castings
• Extra Perlite

If you need proportions I can provide. They are in alignment with the sub-cool super soil recipe.

Doc, general question:

Before I start with your kit, I have another soil grow which is already underway (still in veg) and I need to see through to the end. I will eventually flower this grow in super-soil which will have been cooked nearly 5 months by the time I finally use it. OK.

Now, while reading your threads, I came across the 6-5-3 thing.

I was wondering what your thoughts are around possibly adding 6-5-3 to the super-soil (contents below) I have cooking.

If you think it is a good idea to add 6-5-3, then how much would you recommend? I have 10 gallons of super-soil cooking. How much 6-5-3 may possibly be good to use for 10 gal, for example?

Thanks Doc!

Soil recipe:

Base soil = Black Gold

• Bat Guano
• Bone Meal
• Blood Meal
• Epsom Salt
• Powdered Humic Acid
• Kelp Powder
• Alfalfa meal
• Azomite
• Dolomite lime
• Mycorrhizal Fungi-Endo Fungi(134sp per gram)
• Worm castings
• Extra Perlite

If you need proportions I can provide. They are in alignment with the sub-cool super soil recipe.

Are you going to be able to cook the 6-5-3 for a while? To ten gallons of soil, I'd add about 10 tblspn worth of it.

Thanks Doc!

Yes. Cooking for about another month or so.

Doc, What is the best way to store your kit while I'm waiting for it to cook and be used once this current Grow is finished? Would opening any folare sprays to use on this current grow (if they would be beneficial) expedite the expiration of the product?

Doc, What is the best way to store your kit while I'm waiting for it to cook and be used once this current Grow is finished? Would opening any folare sprays to use on this current grow (if they would be beneficial) expedite the expiration of the product?

Cool, dark place. Don't cross contaminate, don't pre-mix. They'll keep for a long time as long as they dont get too hot or too cold.

Wow......I knew about too hot Doc but I have stuff in a fridge. Is it toast? Nothing smells "off".

What would be the result if teas, brix, stress, energy and cat drenches were refrigerated?

Back
Top Bottom