Indoor Bagseed 2x2x60 Tent CFL & LED - First Time Grow!

Came home today and all of the plants matured! I was able to determine sex today which is day 7 of flower.

Out of pure luck 6/8 are female! I've removed the 2 males and plan to dissect and torture them to death...

I'll upload pics of the new configuration of 6 plants tomorrow I'm still working on it...

Here are some images of what I saw and if you disagree or have any questions let me know!

Males

518E7168-0F4B-49C6-A2F0-49E56E902AC6.jpeg

596AC744-FC0C-4875-8569-8105CC04D31A.jpeg

Females

0B33E44D-3E43-460E-A360-D11AA6655D3F.jpeg

13A4932E-E0B1-4514-ACD7-37CBBDFB5C5C.jpeg

B3A0CE49-496C-4046-B811-560646F33CDA.jpeg

DABA273A-2139-477B-981C-D34C99BCE70A.jpeg

FCD79207-4F50-4FC6-BEBB-B45262C99E30.jpeg

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing how they do under the SCROG as I may try one for my next grow.

Your smaller tent, are you using that for veg or flowering aswell?

The small tent is specifically for veg. After I harvest the flowering plants I’ll move those to the flower tent, SCROG them for 2-3 weeks before flipping to flower and in the meantime I’ll be starting up new seedlings in the veg tent.

Plan is the haves rotation of veg, flower, drying, curing, smoking always rotating :)

This is for personal consumption though so depending on how much these two batches make I may shut down for a while or just veg the hell out of 2 feminized plants for like 6-8 months!!

The small tent is specifically for veg. After I harvest the flowering plants I'll move those to the flower tent, SCROG them for 2-3 weeks before flipping to flower and in the meantime I'll be starting up new seedlings in the veg tent.

Plan is the haves rotation of veg, flower, drying, curing, smoking always rotating :)

This is for personal consumption though so depending on how much these two batches make I may shut down for a while or just veg the hell out of 2 feminized plants for like 6-8 months!!

Very kool setup. And good plan. Using ScrOG you should get a very decent yield.

The veg tent what size is it? You look like you have a lot of lighting in there. Might be worth making sure your not wasting electric. Just calculate your square footage (length and with in foot x them together. E.g 2x4 ft tent= 8 square foot).

In veg although you want a decent amount of light you don't need as much power as in flower.

Plus may help with any heat issues in a smaller tent.

This is a good guide on minimum wattage per square foot. Although it's actual wattage not what manufacture says. E.g my 300W mars led pulls 135W-+10%

420-magazine-mobile146590504.jpg

Very kool setup. And good plan. Using ScrOG you should get a very decent yield.

The veg tent what size is it? You look like you have a lot of lighting in there. Might be worth making sure your not wasting electric. Just calculate your square footage (length and with in foot x them together. E.g 2x4 ft tent= 8 square foot).

In veg although you want a decent amount of light you don’t need as much power as in flower.

Plus may help with any heat issues in a smaller tent.

This is a good guide on minimum wattage per square foot. Although it’s actual wattage not what manufacture says. E.g my 300W mars led pulls 135W-+10%

420-magazine-mobile146590504.jpg

In a 2x2x4 veg tent, i have a ViparSpectra 300w LED and 4 x 400watt CFL @ 7000 Lumens & 5000K each.

From what i understand, the watts determine yeild, and 5000k is the veg spectrum needed for best results.

With this setup, I'm pushing 1900 watts in a 2x2x4 veg tent.

It does get a little hot in this tent at times, like now, i have the small tent open to drop the temp. Once i drop it then it will stay between 76 and 82 the rest of the day...

In a 2x2x4 veg tent, i have a ViparSpectra 300w LED and 4 x 400watt CFL @ 7000 Lumens & 5000K each.

From what i understand, the watts determine yeild, and 5000k is the veg spectrum needed for best results.

With this setup, I'm pushing 1900 watts in a 2x2x4 veg tent.

It does get a little hot in this tent at times, like now, i have the small tent open to drop the temp. Once i drop it then it will stay between 76 and 82 the rest of the day...

According to the formula on your LED light alone you have 33.7 Watts per square foot in the veg (small tent). So just above the minimum required by just using the LED light alone.

You have 4 square foot in that tent.

33.7 Watts per square foot (LED) should be totally fine for vegging. You'd need more in flower.

With the CFL's on top you'd have 400 Watts per square foot (if there actual 400W per bulb not equivalent or equal). 400 wattage per square foot is way over the minimum for CFL's in veg is 42.25 per square foot.

I prefer to go by wattage calculations although lumens are important too, Wattage becomes even more important when in veg.

My 2-cents of advice would be to move a couple of those CFL's to your big tent. The more wattage you have in flower the more bud you'll get.

If you left 1x 400W CFL+Your LED light you'd have above minimum on the LED front and over double the minimum with 1 400W CFL.

400 Watts per square foot even CFL's is overkill in my opinion.

You may not even need it in your larger tent but personally I wouldn't using that much electric with plants in veg.

According to the formula on your LED light alone you have 33.7 Watts per square foot in the veg (small tent). So just above the minimum required by just using the LED light alone.

You have 4 square foot in that tent.

33.7 Watts per square foot (LED) should be totally fine for vegging. You’d need more in flower.

With the CFL’s on top you’d have 400 Watts per square foot (if there actual 400W per bulb not equivalent or equal). 400 wattage per square foot is way over the minimum for CFL’s in veg is 42.25 per square foot.

I prefer to go by wattage calculations although lumens are important too, Wattage becomes even more important when in veg.

My 2-cents of advice would be to move a couple of those CFL’s to your big tent. The more wattage you have in flower the more bud you’ll get.

If you left 1x 400W CFL+Your LED light you’d have above minimum on the LED front and over double the minimum with 1 400W CFL.

400 Watts per square foot even CFL’s is overkill in my opinion.

You may not even need it in your larger tent but personally I wouldn’t using that much electric with plants in veg.

I’ll take your advice on that.

In my Flower tent I have a 4x4 tent
ViparSpectra 1200 watt LED
4 x 55 Watt (200 equiv.) CFL @ 3860 Lumen & 2700k

If I move 3 of these to the flower tent I’d want to go with the 2700k spectrum but it does make sense having more wattage during Flower!

You think adding all 7 CFL would help increase yield?

I'll take your advice on that.

In my Flower tent I have a 4x4 tent
ViparSpectra 1200 watt LED
4 x 55 Watt (200 equiv.) CFL @ 3860 Lumen & 2700k

If I move 3 of these to the flower tent I'd want to go with the 2700k spectrum but it does make sense having more wattage during Flower!

You think adding all 7 CFL would help increase yield?

So in your big tent you have 16 square foot.

The VIPARSPECTRA 1200W pulls 524 actual wattage. So this would give you 32.7 Watts per square foot which is a bit under the recommended minimum for flowering (35Watts per square foot is recommended).

Your CFLS combined actual wattage is 220 Watts. 4x 55-Watts, go by actual wattage not equivalent. So that would give you 13.75 per square foot.

If you move the other 3x in there this would give you 24.06 per square foot.

With those+your led your over the minimum and should get you a decent yield.

Remember CFL's can be kept 2-4 inches away. Just keep a eye on the heat that they don't burn the plants.

You'd defiantly be better using that extra wattage in your flower tent than in your veg tent. In flower more wattage=more bud!

When you move the lights just keep a eye on things make sure the led in the veg tent is at the correct height so it doesn't make the plants stretch. If you notice any stretching or dropping leafs then move a cfl back.

I wanted to share my soil recipe, for me it has been very beneficial. I feed or water every third day and follow the feeding schedule and it works out perfect for my plants. I also use 5 Gallon Fabric Pots.

Perfect Soil Recipe for Indoor Cannabis:
- 39 Quarts of FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil
- 8 Quarts of 100% Natural Sphagnum Peat Moss
- 8 Quarts Horticultural Grade Premium Perlite
- 2 Lbs of Leca Clay Hydropinic Grow Media (Clay Balls)

I went through tons of different variations of Grow media and this recipe has seemed to be the perfect mix and super easy to transplant when ready without causing damage to the plants. Also it doesn’t hold moister for more than 2 days so less likely to get mold or overwater.

You do have to make sure you water or feed every 3 days minimum but for me after each feeding my plants grow 2-3”!

Here are some pics, you can find all this stuff pretty cheap on Amazon!

08F2B5D1-C244-4734-B4D4-3C4C57DB939A.jpeg

5AE694D4-BD4E-4178-8506-6311A97B5C12.jpeg

CA4A8E86-CE7F-4778-8B4F-85BE02BF0B89.jpeg

D7F050B5-CBB0-493C-8186-F1C19A75826F.jpeg

637DAD54-0164-4E6C-A1E3-B9ACF6CBD9AC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom