InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Only Canada Post will deliver to me, fed ex or ups will email then I have to pick up...
For example my hlg light was shipped by dhl it was $150 us for shipping due to the weight (200 Canadian) then I paid 57.50 for duty and 54.00 in fees in Canadian at the pick up location.

I don't mean to belabor the point, but I'm still confused about the shipping of seeds from Europe. They get to you via Canada Post. And they never declare what's actually in the padded envelope. They go as cheaply as possible. Anyway, you'll sort it out sooner or later, of that I'm sure!
how far can pidgeons fly ?? or will they eat the seeds?

I’ve emailed support at Seedsman to ask if they ship to a P.O. box in Canada and below is royal they give the typical answer and that’s a no lol

I’ve personally not ordered any seeds because my local hydro shop guy has an account and orders everything I have ever needed but he shops from TRUE NORTH SEEDBANK and has never has a problem. I also have a couple of close personal friends who have also used TNSB and have had great results! Big variety of seeds and inventory always changes!

I would start there and work down

Okay, finally caught up around here! Time for the Friday update :).

Everyone is outside today because the sun is mostly out and there's a good breeze blowing. But tonight is supposed to be chilly and last night the temp at soil level was 55º, so the big three will smooshed again. At least stretch is over :thumb:.

I got some pics of the Candidas this morning (day 100). They need a trim since they're not going to get flipped until at least two of the three in flower come down, which means it could be late April. I'l do a good leaf inspection tomorrow.

Candida CDWT:

Candida CDNT:

And the Bedroom Cookies 2.2 day 88:

And since the heat mat is about to get really crowded, here is what's happening on the desk @Amy Gardner...

Three really old cups of cuttings in water...these will probably get tossed. Sour G, AK, and PC:

Three cups of monstercrop cuttings from the trimming. I will probably do at least one cup each with two of each type. AK, PC, Sour G:

And last, the heat mat with 7 Peyote Critical clones. These will be moved somewhere else to make room for the planting this weekend:

I can get about seven cups on there, so with two stems in each that's 14 cuttings getting planted this weekend. Most will be Candida as gifts.

I hope you all have great weekends planned. I'll be thinning and planting...pics to follow. Enjoy the evening!
Saturday night update! I'm sure most of you are fast asleep except for those of you early risers across the pond, and @Amy Gardner, who is in the middle of Sunday dinner :).

The sun was out most of the day and so were the plants. I did a bit of cleaning of the big three, just taking off lower buds that would definitely be larf, and a few leaves. Separate bags, into the freezer.

The Candidas got a major cleanup, I topped nearly every branch, and I took loads of cuttings and leaves, with still more to do. Around 4pm the clouds rolled in and the air temps suddenly dropped 10º so everything went inside. Big three = smoosh and the Candidas are in the shed under the warm Samsung strips.

First, let's take a look at the yellowing leaves from the Candida CDNT:

I'm going with deficiency, which I hope has been handled by the increase in nutes.

Next up, the pretty purple on the underside of the Peyote Critical leaves:

How about some dead bugs on a Candida leaf? They got a round of neem today:

I went to plant cuttings and found roots on three of four AK-47 cuttings that had been sitting in a cup of tap water since Jan. 27th. Let's call these easy to clone! Two of them went into soil:

I did not have room for anywhere near everything I took off the Candida...this is what was left:

And finally, here is a peek at my cloning desk, which got just a wee-bit more crowded today:

That empty cup on the heat mat on bottom right has the temperature sensor in it (in case anyone is wondering!).

More rain coming over night so it will be an indoor day tomorrow, but if there's a break I'm sure the PC and the Candidas can use watering.

I hope your weekends are going well. Enjoy Sunday! :)
Just wondering when to expect more of these naughty grow pics, I will never be sated for pics of grows and your pics are tasty. :p

I’ve personally not ordered any seeds because my local hydro shop guy has an account and orders everything I have ever needed but he shops from TRUE NORTH SEEDBANK and has never has a problem. I also have a couple of close personal friends who have also used TNSB and have had great results! Big variety of seeds and inventory always changes!

I would start there and work down

Oh I have a full cart selected out from TNSB just that my 2 Barney’s picks are both out of stock for over a month now :( may just have to order them another day, but having them in my order gained me another 2 free seeds lol and I want them free seeds

Glad your weekend is rolling nicely shed - silly weather people and all :)
Clones? I've got 7 PC's in three cups, a Sour G, the CD-1 top, the PC top, and two AK-47s that rooted sitting in water. Those went into dirt today along with a bunch of other cuttings...update later :).
It’s a good problem to have! Multiplying life :slide:
three of four AK-47 cuttings that had been sitting in a cup of tap water since Jan. 27th. Let's call these easy to clone!
WOW! :D
empty cup on the heat mat on bottom right has the temperature sensor in it (in case anyone is wondering!).
:idea: :welldone:
I’ve emailed support at Seedsman to ask if they ship to a P.O. box in Canada and below is royal they give the typical answer and that’s a no lol
8CE8B9F3-A511-451A-9DC3-918193A1DA34.png

Hi Stu - I know you’re sorted now with Canadian seeds supply, but I get stuff sent from Seedsman to a PO Box all the time. Never a problem. Usually looks like any old package i might buy online.

The response you’ve shared is from Royal Queen Seeds not Seedsman. I think Seedsman will send to a PO Box :thumb:

Hey Shed... are those bugs thrips? (I know - they’re dead, but before they were dead...)

Hi Stu - I know you’re sorted now with Canadian seeds supply, but I get stuff sent from Seedsman to a PO Box all the time. Never a problem. Usually looks like any old package i might buy online.

The response you’ve shared is from Royal Queen Seeds not Seedsman. I think Seedsman will send to a PO Box :thumb:

I have emailed Seedsman support and asked if they mail to Canada and if so also asked if they will send to a P.O. box, I’ll update when I get a reply from them
Cheers Amy

Shed or anyone.... Do you know if any of the seed sponsors are located in Canada? If any are I’d be happy to browse there selection.
Due to having a remote Po box as an address I need to use Canada Post, dhl, fed ex etc will not drop at my po box :(
True northern seeds i think it’s called Canuk seeds to your local 420 magazine grower for some seeds ?

Glad your weekend is rolling nicely shed - silly weather people and all :)

It’s a good problem to have! Multiplying life :slide:

WOW! :D

:idea: :welldone:

Hey Shed... are those bugs thrips? (I know - they’re dead, but before they were dead...)
Seedsman and bonza seedbank or the vault which I’ve not ordered but hear about and seen good things from them.

I have emailed Seedsman support and asked if they mail to Canada and if so also asked if they will send to a P.O. box, I’ll update when I get a reply from them
Cheers Amy

I've never had an issue ordering from any European seed bank...Seedsman included...generally they have a greater selection than our Canadian counterparts, but that is changing...I'm on TNSB's mailing list, but find their prices a lil' high to be honest...good luck...cheerz...h00k... :hookah:...

Okay, finally caught up around here! Time for the Friday update :).

Everyone is outside today because the sun is mostly out and there's a good breeze blowing. But tonight is supposed to be chilly and last night the temp at soil level was 55º, so the big three will smooshed again. At least stretch is over :thumb:.

I got some pics of the Candidas this morning (day 100). They need a trim since they're not going to get flipped until at least two of the three in flower come down, which means it could be late April. I'l do a good leaf inspection tomorrow.

Candida CDWT:

Candida CDNT:

And the Bedroom Cookies 2.2 day 88:

And since the heat mat is about to get really crowded, here is what's happening on the desk @Amy Gardner...

Three really old cups of cuttings in water...these will probably get tossed. Sour G, AK, and PC:

Three cups of monstercrop cuttings from the trimming. I will probably do at least one cup each with two of each type. AK, PC, Sour G:

And last, the heat mat with 7 Peyote Critical clones. These will be moved somewhere else to make room for the planting this weekend:

I can get about seven cups on there, so with two stems in each that's 14 cuttings getting planted this weekend. Most will be Candida as gifts.

I hope you all have great weekends planned. I'll be thinning and planting...pics to follow. Enjoy the evening!
Saturday night update! I'm sure most of you are fast asleep except for those of you early risers across the pond, and @Amy Gardner, who is in the middle of Sunday dinner :).

The sun was out most of the day and so were the plants. I did a bit of cleaning of the big three, just taking off lower buds that would definitely be larf, and a few leaves. Separate bags, into the freezer.

The Candidas got a major cleanup, I topped nearly every branch, and I took loads of cuttings and leaves, with still more to do. Around 4pm the clouds rolled in and the air temps suddenly dropped 10º so everything went inside. Big three = smoosh and the Candidas are in the shed under the warm Samsung strips.

First, let's take a look at the yellowing leaves from the Candida CDNT:

I'm going with deficiency, which I hope has been handled by the increase in nutes.

Next up, the pretty purple on the underside of the Peyote Critical leaves:

How about some dead bugs on a Candida leaf? They got a round of neem today:

I went to plant cuttings and found roots on three of four AK-47 cuttings that had been sitting in a cup of tap water since Jan. 27th. Let's call these easy to clone! Two of them went into soil:

I did not have room for anywhere near everything I took off the Candida...this is what was left:

And finally, here is a peek at my cloning desk, which got just a wee-bit more crowded today:

That empty cup on the heat mat on bottom right has the temperature sensor in it (in case anyone is wondering!).

More rain coming over night so it will be an indoor day tomorrow, but if there's a break I'm sure the PC and the Candidas can use watering.

I hope your weekends are going well. Enjoy Sunday! :)

Beautiful mr.Shed and you most certainly have your arms full.....

Told ya we'd get you sorted Stu! And thanks Smeegol! I'm loaded with stuff here :).

If that's what was on my bug pic last year then yes, I believe they are. Too big for mites.

----------------------------------------------

Sunday update :).

Not much going on today, though that doesn't mean I don't have pics of what did happen!

Plant pics first. Here are the Candidas, though I'm no longer sure which is which, so name them yourself:

It's hard to see that I did any trimming to them at all yesterday but they might look a bit more airy underneath.

Everything got watered today, and I upped the cal-mag on the big three to 8ml for a bit more nitrogen. I'll check the ratios tomorrow. TDS was around 1000 on the meter.

Speaking of nutes, it was the perfect day to deal with the calcium balls in the bag of MegaCrop, so let's have a look...

Step 1 was to get a strainer and collect the balls:

Then I had to figure out how to make mince meat out of them. Double H mentioned a mortar and pestle. That would have taken forever:

So I thought what if I crushed them between two slabs of marble. Didn't work either:

What if I took a pliers and tried crushing them in ¼" square jaws? I didn't have that kind of time or patience:

So I figured...how about my grinder?

Perfect:

Here is the all the newly powdered calcium balls ready to mix in with the rest of the stinky brown powder:

After mixing it together and putting it back in the bag, I was ready to mix nutes for the Candidas, both of which needed water today. But here is the interesting thing. 5 grams of this evenly ground powder was more volume than it had been when the balls were whole. Either my scale is going screwy (better not be, I haven't had it that long) or something else is going on. Instead of just over ½ teaspoon it was nearly 3/4. And the TDS was a lot higher with that 5 grams than it was last time.

I don't have a standard to measure against so I don't know the answer, but it struck me as odd. Anyway, I watered them with this mixture and we'll see how they do.

The tent is smooshed again and the shed has the Candidas and the Bedroom Cookies 2.2, which I did not have a chance to transplant. The nights should be getting warmer so tomorrow the flowering plants will be in the shed, but I have the time change to deal with in terms of when 12/12 falls. Instead of lights on at 6am tomorrow, I'll have them come on at 7am (13 hours) and then I can go 7p-7a going forward. Sorted!

I hope your weekends went well. See you tomorrow :).

Back
Top Bottom