InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Damn Shed, trying to keep up with some of these threads and being in Trim Jail Solitary, is tough.

As much as I have a great potential harvest this year, between you, Sauga and a few others, you guys make me envious of the selection you guys have. After this harvest dries, I am going to have to do multiple strain grows so I have multiple strains to smoke. Variety is the Spice of Life after all :)

Hay Shed I know that decarbing does change things so far as edibles go. So it will not matter which strain/strains I use the buzz is going to be the same because you have stripped the tenpins/Cannabinoids so will I get the same buzz no matter which strain I use ???? If anyone can answer I would appreciate it

If anyone can answer I would appreciate it

I get different effects from my edibles.

I make my oils wIth the decarb’ followed by infusion method and the decarb doesn’t kill all the terps.

My bubba hash ‘chocolates’ absolutely have bubba hash flavours and effects.

so I think it depends how you make the oil. I think if it’s w RSO or alcohol/ethanol extracted then you lose terps, I think.

YMMV. :ciao:

Thanks Amy. It seems when I take my caps the Buzz is the same no matter which strain I made it from. Does anyone else experience this ? Any info ?

Nice take on the harvest Shed. Next generation looking fantastic as always.
Thank you J3!
Nice work, Brother!
Thanks Mr. K!
Man that is great 11+ oz,s in 5 months Ur green thumb was kicking LOL Only 3 out of 18 months of testing on PO and i will be clear to smoke up and i can't wait ,,, can't even have CBD smoke and thats legit here GeZZZ
Counting the days sb! Thanks.
I got myself rendered pretty catatonic here.
Well you can still read and write!!
Catatonic for flytie is only posting here 3x/hr!
Say, can this stuff be mixed with a bit of baccy and smoked? That would be efficient use of it if possible.
Yes, it's done a lot by folks who haven't been able to kick the nicotine habit.
Stopping by to say hey shed. Hope you’re having a great weekend so far.
Thanks Roost!
What He ^^^ said
You too PCa. :)
Great harvest on the Chocolope, Shed! Half an ounce of rot doesn't hurt as much with a yield like that!
IKR! Ya don't miss it at all. :thumb:
Just pokin in to say "way to go on the harvest" good job as always ITS. Thanks for all you do and share with us here brother, it is greatly appreciated.
Thank you oops! Nice to see you around. :high-five:
Damn Shed, trying to keep up with some of these threads and being in Trim Jail Solitary, is tough.
As much as I have a great potential harvest this year, between you, Sauga and a few others, you guys make me envious of the selection you guys have. After this harvest dries, I am going to have to do multiple strain grows so I have multiple strains to smoke. Variety is the Spice of Life after all
Variety is a good thing to have when it comes to weed. Everyone in my house got so tired of smoking the AK-47 I kept growing that now no one smokes it! It's going to be the next batch of topical pain oil. Hope Trim Jail is done for you by now.
Mornin’ shed!
Morning Afternoon Roost! I didn't get here much this weekend obv. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hay Shed I know that decarbing does change things so far as edibles go. So it will not matter which strain/strains I use the buzz is going to be the same because you have stripped the tenpins/Cannabinoids so will I get the same buzz no matter which strain I use ???? If anyone can answer I would appreciate it
I'd say many of the terpenes are stripped by the open-air decarb process, but some do remain as you can usually tell some differences between one decarbed strain and another. It probably does volatilize most of them. Whether that's the reason you're not feeling a big difference in the effect is hard to say. I would think that the effect of the Haze oil will be different from the oil made from last spring's harvests.
Thanks Amy! I don't think that QWET removes many terpenes as my single attempt at it left me with some very smelly shatter. Everything is hard to tell in my "it gets me high" house!
I use the instapot method to decarb and infuse. I get different effects from different strains.
Decarbing in oil will retain the terpenes, but it's a much less efficient process because of the buffering effect of the oil on the THC. Nova did tests that showed much lower THC content of buds decarbed in oil vs oil made from already decarbed buds.

Obviously decarbing in oil under pressure changes those numbers, but I am yet to see anyone have their oil tested after doing it both ways.

Monday morning update!

I trimmed all the mother plants this weekend, as well as the Candida plant that was supposed to be the pollen recipient from the GA3 reversal that didn't happen. I kept ten cuttings from that one, and here they are:

I need three to root so I can try three different dilutions of GA3 to see if I can find the sweet spot for PPM.

This was the much less crowded tent this morning:

Also this weekend was the beginning of the oil-making process for two different small batches.

This is 30g of ground Candida in 8 ounces of grapeseed oil. It works out to about 15mg/ml CBD, and I'm planning on trying it out on pains I normally use my THC topical oil for:

This is 35g of ground Berry Bomb in 8 ounces of coconut oil, which turned out not to be enough to really soak into all the bud, so I had to add another 2 ounces. At 10% THC rough estimate for the buds, that will give me around 9.5mg/ml THC. This is for capsules:

The oil was in the oven at 170ºF for 8 hours on Saturday, left in the cooling oven overnight, run another 8 hours on Sunday, refrigerated overnight, and will be in the oven another 8 hours today. The jars get shaken whenever anyone remembers.

Tonight I will squeeze as much out as I can!

I hope everyone's weekend went well...I'll catch up soon. :ciao:

I need to dry some CB Dutch Treat that a fellow 420 member hooked me up with and make some more oil out of that one so I can make up some more caps of that. Not a very strong buzz but the CBD makes it just a little relaxing , enough to dull the pain. There are 2 people who I give those to and They say It helps BIG time, They don't want any psychoactive buzz, or just a slight buzz . Just a nice relaxing soothing pain management strain, Its a 1:2 THC/CBD 4 % THC and 8% CBD so it only has a slight buzz. Not enough for most people to say they got a Buzz. I Love to help when and where I can.

Monday morning update!

I trimmed all the mother plants this weekend, as well as the Candida plant that was supposed to be the pollen recipient from the GA3 reversal that didn't happen. I kept ten cuttings from that one, and here they are:

I need three to root so I can try three different dilutions of GA3 to see if I can find the sweet spot for PPM.

This was the much less crowded tent this morning:

Also this weekend was the beginning of the oil-making process for two different small batches.

This is 30g of ground Candida in 8 ounces of grapeseed oil. It works out to about 15mg/ml CBD, and I'm planning on trying it out on pains I normally use my THC topical oil for:

This is 35g of ground Berry Bomb in 8 ounces of coconut oil, which turned out not to be enough to really soak into all the bud, so I had to add another 2 ounces. At 10% THC rough estimate for the buds, that will give me around 9.5mg/ml THC. This is for capsules:

The oil was in the oven at 170ºF for 8 hours on Saturday, left in the cooling oven overnight, run another 8 hours on Sunday, refrigerated overnight, and will be in the oven another 8 hours today. The jars get shaken whenever anyone remembers.

Tonight I will squeeze as much out as I can!

I hope everyone's weekend went well...I'll catch up soon. :ciao:
You wanna grow some Crop King Hash Plant and make oil if you don't mind becoming very stupid for periods of time. With a couple spoonfuls of mine I don't have the desire to even breathe. Excellent to put you to sleep. I wouldn't know how to calculate the potency though.
:cough:

I need to dry some CB Dutch Treat that a fellow 420 member hooked me up with and make some more oil out of that one so I can make up some more caps of that. Not a very strong buzz but the CBD makes it just a little relaxing , enough to dull the pain. There are 2 people who I give those to and They say It helps BIG time, They don't want any psychoactive buzz, or just a slight buzz . Just a nice relaxing soothing pain management strain, Its a 1:2 THC/CBD 4 % THC and 8% CBD so it only has a slight buzz. Not enough for most people to say they got a Buzz. I Love to help when and where I can.
I like my weed to have the average amounts of THC but with about 2 to 3 percent CBD. I find it gives me the best of both worlds.

my single attempt at it left me with some very smelly shatter.
:thumb: Good to know, thanks! I am probably thinking of RSO and applying that to any alcohol extractio
Obviously decarbing in oil under pressure changes those numbers, but I am yet to see anyone have their oil tested after doing it both ways.

Seeing as you mentioned Nova, the folks at Ardent have done so much testing to develop their products and they have just released, this year, a new large version that still decarbs and infuses separately. Both are performed under pressure, as that’s how the devices achieve such great results in short time, but still separately.

With the extent of their R&D I think if the results were better for decarboxylating during infusion, then that’s what their devices would do.

so - short version is, I’m pretty sure the ardent team did do those tests as part of their R&D

hope everyone's weekend went well...I'll catch up soon. :ciao:

I had an oil-making weekend as well!!
:high-five:

Drive-by Mister Shed...

Veg tent looks sharp.. Best of luck and Keepem Green

High Shed. :passitleft: Looking good there.:yummy: I've noticed way different effects between sativas and indicas in my oils for sure and a less noticeable difference between, say, Gelato and Do si Dos . I use trim buds, decarbed in foil packs in an air fryer because time and temp are easily controlled, about 4 ozs or so with 30 oz of refined cocoanut oil and 3 or 4 tbsp of lecithin. Packed down a little, it comes to just below the max line in my MBM. Stay stoned and stay stoneder.

Drive-by Mister Shed...
Veg tent looks sharp.. Best of luck and Keepem Green
Thanks Norcali!
High Shed. Looking good there. I've noticed way different effects between sativas and indicas in my oils for sure and a less noticeable difference between, say, Gelato and Do si Dos . I use trim buds, decarbed in foil packs in an air fryer because time and temp are easily controlled, about 4 ozs or so with 30 oz of refined cocoanut oil and 3 or 4 tbsp of lecithin. Packed down a little, it comes to just below the max line in my MBM. Stay stoned and stay stoneder.
Interesting info Fred! I wonder if the terpenes that make a plant feel more indica or sativa tend to be less volatile.

My oil-making process is basically identical (except for the air fryer :) ), but I learned from @Cannasavvy that the LSL should go in after infusion rather than before. Her process, testing, and results start here if you want to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom