InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Happy Sunday night/Monday morning, and here is the harvest update on Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express! I would also like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to grow this plant. Here's how they describe it on their website:

Trainwreck seeds let you grow a potent and exhilarating Sativa-dominant hybrid that’s well-known for its bold and mind-bending high. This is all due to her astonishing THC levels, which can peak above 20%.

Popular throughout Northern California, this great strain possesses a wonderful woody aroma with layers of sharp, sweet citrus. Unlike other Sativa hybrids, Trainwreck wears her Indica qualities well, producing long-lasting and soothing effects that will leave you relaxed and in total euphoria.

A new favorite among hobby growers, Trainwreck is a dream to work with. She grows lusciously green and grey thanks to the thick trichome coverage. It’s a sure-fire hit with Sativa fans looking for their next classic strain.

Why you should buy feminized Trainwreck seeds:

• Big THC blast with stimulating effects
  • Aromatic sweet and citrus aroma
  • Well-loved for her medicinal use
  • Great yield potential
Specifications Trainwreck feminized seeds
THC level20%
CBD level0.4%
CBG Level0.06%
Variety40% Indica / 60% Sativa
GeneticsMexican x Thai x Afghani
Max yield indoor400 to 500 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor500 to 850 grams/plant
Height indoor125 to 150 cm
Height outdoor140 to 220 cm
Flowering time56 to 63 days
Fungal ResistanceHigh
GrowersprofileBeginner
CultivationIndoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimateMediterranean, Arid, Tropical
FlavorsEarthy, Sweet, Citrus
EffectsCreative, Euphoric, Calming, Focused, Relaxed
SCROG suitableyes

Today was flip day 69 after 98 days of veg, for a total above ground of 167 days. It had stopped drinking so it was time for the chop even though I still wasn't sick of looking at (in spite of the damage from the heat wave we had around Labor Day)!

Enough chatter, on to some pics. Fans came off on Friday:

A few samplers that came off as well, shown here in a toaster canoe for fast drying:

Here it was this morning untied and full flop:

The deed is done:

Save the bones for Henry Jones:

Here are the few rotten ones I took off while I was chopping:

Getting ready to wash in 4 gallons of water with 3/4 cup of baking soda and 151g of citric acid (1% solution):

It bubbled right out of the bucket!

During the wash I rescued about 15 ladybug larvae and washed and killed countless aphids. Why do we wash?

I do a one bucket wash, hose off the stack on a wicker table, and one bucket rinse. Then I hang them on strings to dry in front of fans for an hour or so, and then start to trim.

My wife and daughter and I trimmed in the garage and listened to (since you can't watch and trim at the same time!) the Nick Kroll Netflix standup special, and then John Mulaney at Radio City (for the umteenth time). I had gotten a head start on the big colas while finishing the Michigan/Iowa game so I'd say the entire trim time was about 3 hours.

I went over all of them to check for rot and trimmed off some spots here and there but nothing major.

Here they all are ready for transport to the tent, which has been empty for a while now, so perfect for drying:

And the loose ones I saved from the wash water:

Here are the tops hanging on the bottom row where there is the most airflow:

And here is the whole harvest:

There are two clip fans along with the 4" exhaust fan at the top of the tent, and the bottom of the door is open along with the three vents. Tuesday morning I'll start to slow the drying down a bit and try to extend it to 7 days.

And that's it for the Trainwreck harvest! Purple Urkle has slowed down but still drinking some, so it will come down next weekend. Stay tuned... 📺
Looking like a hearty harvest Shed congrats 👏👍

Highya ITS,

Great job on the trim. Very nice recap of the whole project. Don't you love trimming the big fat colas?!? Wow, that wash water is filthy! Surprising, really. I need to try that again! Happy Smokin'

Highya ITS,

Great job on the trim. Very nice recap of the whole project. Don't you love trimming the big fat colas?!? Wow, that wash water is filthy! Surprising, really. I need to try that again! Happy Smokin'
hello did I read that right you wash your bud

Highya ITS, KL, guys,

I have washed bud before. Seemed to smooth out the smokeability. Not so harsh. I used lemon juice and baking soda mixed in 5 gal pail of water, with a pail of rinse water. ITS used citric acid and baking soda. Not much difference. But looking at ITS's rinse water, one plant had a lot of other than cannibis debris that washed out!! Impressive. Happy Smokin'

Highya ITS, KL, guys,

I have washed bud before. Seemed to smooth out the smokeability. Not so harsh. I used lemon juice and baking soda mixed in 5 gal pail of water, with a pail of rinse water. ITS used citric acid and baking soda. Not much difference. But looking at ITS's rinse water, one plant had a lot of other than cannibis debris that washed out!! Impressive. Happy Smokin'
I think I will try this when I chop. Do You wash before trimming or do you chop trim then wash?

Highya ITS, KL, guys,

!!!
Does anyone know if any THC or CBD is lost in this process?
(Or just dirt?)

Happy Sunday night/Monday morning, and here is the harvest update on Trainwreck from @Weed Seeds Express! I would also like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to grow this plant. Here's how they describe it on their website:

Trainwreck seeds let you grow a potent and exhilarating Sativa-dominant hybrid that’s well-known for its bold and mind-bending high. This is all due to her astonishing THC levels, which can peak above 20%.

Popular throughout Northern California, this great strain possesses a wonderful woody aroma with layers of sharp, sweet citrus. Unlike other Sativa hybrids, Trainwreck wears her Indica qualities well, producing long-lasting and soothing effects that will leave you relaxed and in total euphoria.

A new favorite among hobby growers, Trainwreck is a dream to work with. She grows lusciously green and grey thanks to the thick trichome coverage. It’s a sure-fire hit with Sativa fans looking for their next classic strain.

Why you should buy feminized Trainwreck seeds:

• Big THC blast with stimulating effects
  • Aromatic sweet and citrus aroma
  • Well-loved for her medicinal use
  • Great yield potential
Specifications Trainwreck feminized seeds
THC level20%
CBD level0.4%
CBG Level0.06%
Variety40% Indica / 60% Sativa
GeneticsMexican x Thai x Afghani
Max yield indoor400 to 500 grams/m²
Max yield outdoor500 to 850 grams/plant
Height indoor125 to 150 cm
Height outdoor140 to 220 cm
Flowering time56 to 63 days
Fungal ResistanceHigh
GrowersprofileBeginner
CultivationIndoor, Outdoor, Greenhouse
ClimateMediterranean, Arid, Tropical
FlavorsEarthy, Sweet, Citrus
EffectsCreative, Euphoric, Calming, Focused, Relaxed
SCROG suitableyes

Today was flip day 69 after 98 days of veg, for a total above ground of 167 days. It had stopped drinking so it was time for the chop even though I still wasn't sick of looking at (in spite of the damage from the heat wave we had around Labor Day)!

Enough chatter, on to some pics. Fans came off on Friday:

A few samplers that came off as well, shown here in a toaster canoe for fast drying:

Here it was this morning untied and full flop:

The deed is done:

Save the bones for Henry Jones:

Here are the few rotten ones I took off while I was chopping:

Getting ready to wash in 4 gallons of water with 3/4 cup of baking soda and 151g of citric acid (1% solution):

It bubbled right out of the bucket!

During the wash I rescued about 15 ladybug larvae and washed and killed countless aphids. Why do we wash?

I do a one bucket wash, hose off the stack on a wicker table, and one bucket rinse. Then I hang them on strings to dry in front of fans for an hour or so, and then start to trim.

My wife and daughter and I trimmed in the garage and listened to (since you can't watch and trim at the same time!) the Nick Kroll Netflix standup special, and then John Mulaney at Radio City (for the umteenth time). I had gotten a head start on the big colas while finishing the Michigan/Iowa game so I'd say the entire trim time was about 3 hours.

I went over all of them to check for rot and trimmed off some spots here and there but nothing major.

Here they all are ready for transport to the tent, which has been empty for a while now, so perfect for drying:

And the loose ones I saved from the wash water:

Here are the tops hanging on the bottom row where there is the most airflow:

And here is the whole harvest:

There are two clip fans along with the 4" exhaust fan at the top of the tent, and the bottom of the door is open along with the three vents. Tuesday morning I'll start to slow the drying down a bit and try to extend it to 7 days.

And that's it for the Trainwreck harvest! Purple Urkle has slowed down but still drinking some, so it will come down next weekend. Stay tuned... 📺
Beautiful harvest, congratulations! And an amazing post on your process for harvests:green_heart:

Congrats on the Trainwreck takedown, Shed! As always, your harvest post was a pleasure to read.

Harvest post on the top of the previous page if you missed it!

Should not be smoking anything that has had pryrethrum in it, apparently, see Pyrethrins: A challenging cannabis contaminant
I completely agree rigid, and I actually mentioned last week that it's not for spraying on cannabis! I brought it up here because of the possibility of using it as a soil drench because, from what I read, it's not taken up by the roots.
Congrats Shed, stunning!
Thanks Carmen!
Looking like a hearty harvest Shed congrats
A hale and hearty harvest, and I can't wait to get a weight on it since those tops are pretty solid. Thanks Captain!
Great job on the trim. Very nice recap of the whole project. Don't you love trimming the big fat colas?!? Wow, that wash water is filthy! Surprising, really. I need to try that again!
After 167 days outside it's got a bit of an accumulation. And I wish all the buds were big fat colas since trimming the little stuff is tedious. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Bode!
hello did I read that right you wash your bud
Yes, absolutely and every time. Not only does it remove the bugs and dust and anything that was sprayed on the plant, it helps the flowers dry more evenly by making them evenly moist at harvest.
I have washed bud before. Seemed to smooth out the smokeability. Not so harsh. I used lemon juice and baking soda mixed in 5 gal pail of water, with a pail of rinse water. ITS used citric acid and baking soda. Not much difference. But looking at ITS's rinse water, one plant had a lot of other than cannibis debris that washed out!! Impressive.
Lots hides in those big fat colas. 👀
I think I will try this when I chop. Do You wash before trimming or do you chop trim then wash?
I do it in the order I posted, which is chop, wash, drip-dry, trim. I wet trim for a few reasons, most of all because I want to check each flower for caterpillars, rot, and bud-eating bugs...all of which will ruin the harvest by the time you would go to dry trim after hanging. Also, I want the sugar leaves off before I weigh since I don't think it's an accurate weight with them on, because they hold a lot less total THC than the buds.
Inspirational chopping experience Shed! That trainwreck is Everything but!
Well thank you Otter! Inspirational is aspirational on my part so mission accomplished, but the Trainwreck is everything but inspirational? I'm hoping you meant "bud." :cheesygrinsmiley:
Nice work Shed!
Thanks Fudo!
Congratulations Shed. You guys made short work of her. Fantastic recap, thank you. That wash bucket is quite a sight. I’ll be washing again this year
Thanks SCD, and my neck and shoulders are nowhere near as tight today as they are when I have to do it all myself. That wash bucket inspires folks every time. :thumb:
Congratulations on the harvest!
Thank you Mel, and you've got quite a job ahead of you soon. Hope you can wrangle some help!
Congrats on the take down Shed! Looks like a good haul of dense buds!
Those tops are really heavy, which is why they were all listing to port! Thanks N. :)
Nice looking bunch of BUDS Sir you have done it Again , Oh yes after my first wash , i thought what i was probably smoking before
Thanks sb, and once you see the bucket after washing you never look at unwashed weed the same way. :gross:
Does anyone know if any THC or CBD is lost in this process? (Or just dirt?)
As long as you don't bang the flowers against the bucket, only the crap comes out. Folks have scoped their wash water for trichomes and not found any.

Cannabinoids are not water soluble.
Beautiful harvest, congratulations! And an amazing post on your process for harvests
Thanks Rex! I thought I'd do one old school for a change. :slide:
Congrats on the Trainwreck takedown, Shed! As always, your harvest post was a pleasure to read.
Why thank you HG! I hope you're feeling better and your plants are getting ready for their own demise. I feel like we're due for an update soon. :popcorn:
Congrats on the harvest Shed!
Thanks Boo! It was a beast compared to your beauties.
Congrats Shed! Lots of nice chunky buds there!
Thank you Grateful. I figure if I'm only gonna grow two plants they damn well better turn out chunky!
If you wash in bucket and trim while still wet your scissors do not get all gummed up as fast. Then dip into bucket of plain water to rinse before hang dry.
I've never dry trimmed a whole plant so I don't know the difference, but when my son is with us doing his incredibly meticulous trim job, he always has the most scissor hash! He also ends up doing the fewest flowers given how long each one takes. 🐌

Also, :ciao: to the folks who liked/loved the harvest post but didn't comment (including some folks who are hardly ever on the site anymore). I see you and appreciate you all stopping by. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom