Itibitiguy First Grow

Hi friends !

This is my first grow!!! I finally got an opportunity to grow my own. So I started planning out a spot, and then a tent and light.
I ended up with a mars 2 700 and a 4x4x5 tent. So my spot is where it gets tricky, Of course I live in a more winter then summer climate. So I would have to come up with some insulation and heat (when it's lights out or very cold). Anyways had to go to a plan b but got it sorted out ( fingers crossed)

After I order my tent, I pick some CK Nycd auto feminized, ordered'em up. Once I got everything, I dropped four of them in a glass of water and got everything going. All four tapped out nicely so I gathered up something for pots (3 gallons) so for soil there wasn't much to pick from, so I got promix potting soil, I know it's not ideal but I'm hoping it will be good.

So this being my first grow I'd be looking for all the help I can get. I'll post some time line pics later

Iti

So I over watered ( I think ) on my last watering so I'm letting the dry out before I water again

Here's day 11

420-magazine-mobile976785248.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1881589757.jpg

Iti

So it's when awhile since I had a chance to get on here. I've had some issues since and tried to fix. First my tent is in a cold room and insulated plus a small heater inside to keep things warm. I had some issues with the night cycle Temps being warmer then day cycle. But I switched to a 24/0 till my temp controller gets here (c'mon 28th) so Temps are okay now.

Another issue I got is fertilizer burn. I done a mix with 10-15-10 liquid plant food, I mixed to 1/8 the recommended strength and fed them all one day and then only 2 got another small fed. After this one started showing signs of fertility burn. Second part of the fertilizer problem I have is the soil I used. Promix premium potting soil, which has time release nuturants, that I've found out that I should have avoided.

Any help with the fertilizer problem is greatly appreciated

And some pics
420-magazine-mobile2060874161.jpg

420-magazine-mobile258936965.jpg

420-magazine-mobile615983958.jpg

Just ran some water through on of the girls and the run off ph is 5. I'm using my tap water and it is some where around 7.5 and I ph it to 6.5 - 7 with and very small amount of vinegar. I'm guessing I should ph up my water a half a notice and hope this helps the soil. I'm guessing this got me locked out of some nutrients.

The girls

420-magazine-mobile230989824.jpg

Day 27

Got my temp controller . it works great. Glad I got it. Seems my thermometer wasn't correct ( off by a couple of degrees)
So now back on the 18/6 schedule and I also check my ph on my run off and it was back within range for nutrients. Looks like I'm getting some mag diff now, I'll be water later so I'll get some epson salt for the mag diff. Three of the girls are getting some lst, 2 getting more than the other and one isn't getting any so far.

420-magazine-mobile914568021.jpg

420-magazine-mobile613574336.jpg

Iti

Look like there taking off nice. Is that promix hp u got, or actual potting soil. If its the soil o think it has time released nutes in it.. Therefore u must be careful when feeding or u will cook them. Check the bag it should tell u whats in it...
Cheers

Hey Pat

Looks like the girls are sorted out . . .

I'll be watering tomorrow and checking the run off again. I'm totally paranoid of feeding them again, with the time release soil. So just water for now. I'll have some pics tomorrow. They starting to stretch now.

Iti

Back
Top Bottom