James The 1st First Journal

Lol! It really smells like beer? How much did you change the formula for your grow?

Maybe beer-ish or beer-like is more accurate LOL I didn't change it much, as my space is small (2x4 tent) I just add sugar when I think it's not spitting Co2 as hard when i shake it. But I don't have packets (since the first one), I have a big jar (way cheaper) and I put in a tbsp (probably overkill) and had to add in an extra cup of sugar after a few days.

Ok I did the DIY CO2 generator! He goes some pics.
Here's the clear tubing I used.

The yeast & sugar in the bottle.

I drilled holes in the tops with a drill bit that was a little smaller than the tube.

I fit the tubing nice & snug.

Here's how it came out.

Pics of the setup in my grow space. I put the bottles up top & ran the tubing down to the plants.

I really need to get another Blackstar panel! I took the pic at the top plus a video & I will take another a week from now to see the difference.

That is one nice looking clean CO2 set up. I like the fact that it looks very cheap to maintain. It would be great to see how many ppms you are pushing out of that. Like you said earlier....It has to be much more than zero! Looks very easy to make too. I won't even have to go to the store. Thanks!

:bravo:

I'm going to have to look for that cus the packets were $3 for 3 packets. It definitely smells beerish in the bottle after I shook it up, I used 2 packets with 3 1/3 cups of water & 2 cups of sugar. This should produce more ppm for my plants.

I have a little update for everybody. I grabbed a digital thermometer along with some 3 gallon Smart Pots. So I transplanted 2 of my sophmore plants from the styrophome cups into the new pots, this will be their 3rd transplant & should hold them for a while to me less transplants = less stress on the plants.

Oh yea I forgot my new Aloe Vera plant! I picked it up yesterday along with a soil ph meter.

when you supliment with co2, this means the plants will be ok at slightly higher temps, so they should not stress as much as long as the co2 is working, its only what i read so dont take just my word for it

Ok I promised before & after pics of my grow space to show the progress of my plants with the DIY generator so here they go.
This is the first day I installed the co2 generator.

Here's aproximately a week after having the co2 generator in there.

As you can see in just a week the plants almost doubled in size. I'm still concerned about the one's that have a little yellow on the leaves but they have new growth still coming in so I'll just watch & see what happens. I have some new stock coming in tomorrow this time I think it is from a known strain. I will keep everybody posted.

I have noticed that every seed that I planted straight in the soil have thicker stronger stalks so I think the next grow I will just plant the seeds in the soil without any germination.

when you supliment with co2, this means the plants will be ok at slightly higher temps, so they should not stress as much as long as the co2 is working, its only what i read so dont take just my word for it

As Cervantes states it in his book, the plants actually need a higher temperature in order to take advantage of the increased CO2 levels in the grow room...they also need enough light to take advantage of the CO2. But he is also referring to CO2 enrichment where levels are raised to 1400 ppm...

I'm not really sure how different that is from what you said, but I'm medicated. :)
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom