Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

Each program will need to be entered into the custom section of the controller. jandre2k3 was referring tot he four suggested programs that we creating. Any customized program can be created by anyone but the four schedule charts "grow" "veg" "clone" and "bloom" are IGRO recommended settings for buyers/growers to use. Jandre2k3 will be using our suggested program schedules starting with the suggested clone setting. As-Seen in thread # 7

[/QUOTE] I will be using the light's 4th cycle to see how well it performs in a cloning situation. For more information on cloning read up here: Cloning: Mad Simple - A Beginner's Guide[/QUOTE]

correction only the code:
2k3LED15% is available.
You can use the code in the check out cart when making your purchases on Intelligent-Gro Products

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 1

SIDE NOTE:

2/19/2014

I will be including a link to the website, as well as my code for a discount program I have with the sponsor later once the site is operational.

For now just use my discount codes if you want to test along with the rest of us...

2k3LED10%
2k3LED15%

Your just over medicated j/k
READ: PAR SPECTRUM 101
Really glad I caught this early. Really lookin forward to the results as to the how the ladies respond to the different lights. And how yields will be effected. Hell I had a thought once of putting every light known to contain proper spectrum wave length and use them all in the same grow. Let me know if I am just over medicated

You should talk to BID. I heard the two of you have same strains and it would make a good test to see two people being sponsored growing same strain. just a thought? Ofcourse ense I wont get the luxury to smoke any of it.. it doesnt matter to me..lol

Hello, Mr. Sponsor, Sir! Glad to have you aboard! We do have MANY of the same purple strains, but as I have yet to pop any of them, I will be going with what I have for now. I'm already going to be going into unknown territory with two of the strains I have as candidates, and will not want to add another variable such as seedlings to the mix. Maybe on the next grow, when we get B.I.D.'s results, I will try to top his from seed? For now, we're going straight by the book... I haven't even found out if this thing is broke, before I try to go fixing things. hehehe

Look out buds, Jandre stepped up into the LED game! Hope you ladies and gents have your big kids pants on because this is going to be amazing!
Thank you for the rep!! sorry, I just noticed it...

I'm currently using 600W HPS. I grew with LED a few years ago and the technology was not quite there yet. Well now it's here! I'm already convinced that LED will be the light of future gardens. My next investment will be a new LED grow light. I'm going to soak in as much knowledge from the pros as I can. I really enjoy your engineering approach to this and I'm lookng forward to seeing what you do with this stuff.
Thanks for the rep! I, like yourself was reluctant to pay the high cost of these types of lights only to learn that the tech isn't up to par . . (hehe PAR) Luckily, our sponsor approached me to test this thing out! We both shall see <sings>...when the bud hits the bowl! (when the ... bullet... hits the... ahhh...nevermind)

Really glad I caught this early. Really lookin forward to the results as to the how the ladies respond to the different lights. And how yields will be effected. Hell I had a thought once of putting every light known to contain proper spectrum wave length and use them all in the same grow. Let me know if I am just over medicated
Welcome! Is there such a thing as being "over-medicated"? Have a look at that PAR Spectrum 101 link our sponsor put up. I'll also post it here for simplicity's sake.

I'm in to watch this...I'm still not ready to start just yet, still in the researching phase. But I'm very interested in LED lighting.
After this run we shall have a pretty good idea of how well it works, and if anything needs to be tweaked. You know I'll be the first to deconstruct it and find out where it all went wrong if it does. Welcome aboard, friend.

Well, I must say: I didn't know this thread would take off so soon! I'm glad it has though.

I have an idea. Let's open the floor to EDUCATED AND FRIENDLY debate. No abuse, or flaming... just friendly banter on the subject of HPS vs. LED.

I'm interested to know what the mindset of the attendees is here.

Please, keep it clean and respectful.

Aaaaaand, go.

[h=2] Par Spectrum 101[/h]
[h=2] [/h] For millions of years plants have evolved to grow under one central light source: the sun. As the earth's position shifts throughout the year, plants are exposed to various amounts of light per day.

During the winter months plants receive only 10-12 hours of sunlight, while during the summer they receive approximately 16 hours of sunlight (varies by location). These changes in daylight length are what cause a plant to alternate from vegetative growth into flowering. When fruiting plants receive 14-16 hours of light (spring and summer) they enter the vegetative stage, however when sunlight drops to approximately 12 hours per day (late summer and fall), they enter bloom.
The sun emits a full-spectrum white light, most of which is unused by plants. Over time plants have evolved like people, to respond to light between the wavelengths of 400-700nm, which is known as the PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) region. Even though plants receive the same spectrum year-round under the sun, over time they developed sensitivities to individual wavelengths of light they utilize better than others. These wavelengths are the Holy Grail for plant grow lights, as they supply over 90% of the energy used for photosynthesis by Chlorophyll A and B during both the vegetative and bloom stages.

[h=2]Photosynthesis and LED Grow Light Spectrum[/h] Chlorophyll A and B are the two primary compounds responsible for photosynthesis. These compounds absorb wavelengths of light with the highest efficiency at 439nm and 469nm blue, and 642nm and 667nm red. Aside from Chlorophyll A & B, there are other accessory light-harvesting pigments, most notably carotenoids, which absorb light with the highest efficiency at 439nm and 483nm blue. The other less noted pigments such as xanthrophylls, account for less than 5% of the energy supplied for photosynthesis, and absorb small quantities of light in the 480nm — 620nm region. Since Chlorophyll A & B along with Carotenoids supply over 95% of the energy necessary for photosynthesis, these are the only wavelengths a properly-tuned LED growing light should focus on for the greatest results.
Testing has shown that the only horticultural lights capable of creating such fine-tuned spectral outputs are full spectrum LED lights. By focusing the nm output of each LED to a corresponding wavelength absorption point (like 642nm), the rates of photosynthesis can be increased dramatically over HID lighting. Testing has also shown that if you do not focus directly on the wavelength absorption point (ie: using a 625nm or 630nm instead of 642nm) you will have dramatically lowered rates of photosynthesis by comparison. For these reasons you want to focus on making sure whichever grow light you purchase comes as close as possible to 439nm, 469nm, 483nm, 642nm, and 667nm.

[h=2]LED Grow Lights: Replacing the Mighty HID[/h] For decades humans have attempted to re-create nature indoors, using primarily high pressure sodium (HPS) and metal halide(MH) lighting as illumination sources to replace the sun. Humans have also taken it upon themselves to separate which spectrum (blue or red) to use for the plant whether in veg or flower, regardless of the fact that plants receive the same spectrum year-round beneath the sun. Using a grow light with excessive amounts of blue during veg however, will only over-saturate them with blue light while starving them of vital colors like red needed for photosynthesis. Improperly tuned lights such as these create stress responses within your plants which lead to morphed growth. This is no different than if you were to withhold Vitamin C or Calcium from a young child during their development, except that you wouldn't expect a child to grow into a healthy adult. It is for this reason you should avoid LED Grow Lights that claim to be for "Veg-Only", as they do not contain the spectra your plants need to thrive, and instead deliver more blue than your plants can physically absorb.

While HID Grow Lights have been the cornerstone of indoor gardens for decades, their most notable weakness is their spectrum. Unlike LED Lights, HPS and MH lighting creates a full-spectrum "white" light for your plants, much of which is wasted just like the sun. When you compare the spectral output graph of a HPS light to the Chlorophyll response curve, you notice that the vast majority of its output is within the range of little to no absorption. The MH by comparison provides higher levels of red and blue to the plant vs the HPS light, however the majority of light is still wasted. A Intelligent-Gor Intensity LED light on the other hand, is able to focus all of its energy on the specific wavelengths plants utilize most efficiently for photosynthesis, while creating very little wasted light. With our high intensity LED panels, plants have proven test after test to produce the desired yields, which demonstrates that spectrum alone plays a vital role in the efficiency of any Horticultural light.

led-logo_1_.png

Yes! So Happy to see this happening Jandre:bravo::bravo:

The legend has arrived! Ladies and gentlemen, if you do not already know this man, please allow me the immense pleasure of introducing the absolute best man I have ever known. The only man that I look up to in the entire world. When he says something is so, the WORLD CHANGES to make it so. If Snapple is made from the best stuff on Earth, it's only because the stuff BETTER than that stuff was all used on this man. A true friend, a savior to many in need, he continues to give from his heart long after his "service" has ended.:love:

Thanks you so much for coming, my friend.:welcome: It's an honor and a privilege to have you here. Ladies and gentlemen, you are truly in the presence of greatness.

Without further ado:

OldMedMan!

Oh! My! Thanks, jandre! :thanks:
You're much too humble to admit it, but every word is true.... well... maybe not the world changing to make something you said to be so... but the rest.... the rest is all true. especially that about the Snapple being the best of what's left.

Back
Top Bottom